• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trophy Point System Problems <FIXED NOW!>

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks to @zipper for noticing that the the point counts had remained inflated.

I believe I have that fixed now.

The forum software only increases the trophy count when a trophy is added or subtracts it when a trophy is removed. So my manual removal of trophies did not remove the associated points. I recalculated all the trophy counts from the database.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Added back the "Reactions" to the post list so you can see which posts have more "Reactions" (likes, agree etc are now called reactions on the forum).
Also corrected all the Trophies associated with Reactions and they should be awarding properly now (also changed the wording to reflect the term "reactions" in all trophies).

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks to @zipper for noticing that the the point counts had remained inflated.

I believe I have that fixed now.

The forum software only increases the trophy count when a trophy is added or subtracts it when a trophy is removed. So my manual removal of trophies did not remove the associated points. I recalculated all the trophy counts from the database.

I believe mine have been corrected Bruce.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know this is a trophie point fix thread, and well done by the way...but how is it going on restoring accuracy in the Reaction Score count? No Hurry, just wondering.

Screen shot on 3/27

Screenshot_20190327-103104_Chrome.jpg

Ahh, Admiral for a few days.;) And just now, reaction score lower than ratings above.

Screenshot_20190401-195429_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce @Julian Wondering if this trophy point software is still working correctly or how long does it usually take. In the past it has been pretty quick, usually within an hour or so. I crossed a threshold yesterday, 4500 positive post reactions and did not see the 10 pts. added. Just curious, am I missing something?

Per the trophy list, all taken this afternoon.

20200229_133033.jpg

Screenshot_20200229-133652_Chrome.jpg

My List of Trophies taken today

Screenshot_20200229-133702_Chrome.jpg

Struck me as odd. Not all that important...just wondering if everything is working correctly.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian, I believe that issue is related to Post Ratings versus Reactions.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I don't know the difference...The words "post ratings" at the 4500 threshold is the only one shown with the words "post rating" in the point system. Every other point threshold is called "positive reactions". I am not talking about number of posts. that is a different subject.

20200229_161622.jpg

Versus this one I am talking about.

20200229_133033.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper, reactions are now built into Xenforo. Post ratings were a third party add-on that we used before Xenforo added reactions. Previously one of the admins, I think it may have been me updated those trophies to be based on reaction count but missed 4500.

Julian manages those trophies. I never look at them unless someone reports a problem. I corrected the settings for 4500 and you have your ten points now.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you, all is good. I am not trying to create problems, only iron out some of the last wrinkles, as they appear, since the forum upgrade. Again, thanks for the work you do to keep this running smoothly.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@zipper, reactions are now built into Xenforo. Post ratings were a third party add-on that we used before Xenforo added reactions. Previously one of the admins, I think it may have been me updated those trophies to be based on reaction count but missed 4500.

Julian manages those trophies. I never look at them unless someone reports a problem. I corrected the settings for 4500 and you have your ten points now.
What was set wrong? Did I not put the criteria in?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe that one of us updated all the post ratings criteria to reactions after the V 2.0 upgrade but missed the trophy for 4,500 reactions.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe that one of us updated all the post ratings criteria to reactions after the V 2.0 upgrade but missed the trophy for 4,500 reactions.
I believe it was easy to miss, as only this trophy was labeled a "post rating" and not recognized as a "positive reaction" as all the other trophies in that category are called.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gotcha....the real pain is there is no sort order for the trophies in the admin panel....so I apparently missed it.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks both of you. And thanks for changing the wording to the 4500 pt threshold to be consistant with all the others as "positive reactions".

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey guys, @Julian, @Bruce, I think the points are off a little. Could you look into this?