• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water Depth Display with Engines Off

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Maiden voyage today. Carlyle Lake, IL - an hour east of St Louis. Beautiful.

Just one question - when the engines are off, how can you reference water depth (or any functions/read-outs) on the LCD display?? Am I missing something obvious? When she's drifting along, I sure would like to know how much water is beneath her before I fire up the engines again.

Thanks for the help!

image.jpg

You should be able to turn the starboard engine to the first click on the key and you will have power to the dashboard.

Maiden voyage today. Carlyle Lake, IL - an hour east of St Louis. Beautiful.

Just one question - when the engines are off, how can you reference water depth (or any functions/read-outs) on the LCD display?? Am I missing something obvious? When she's drifting along, I sure would like to know how much water is beneath her before I fire up the engines again.

Thanks for the help!

View attachment 21314
Congrats on the mayden voyage ! It was also mine today too! Julian is right one of the keys if turn to acc. Will let depth gauge function ....

Leave the keys off. Hold the button that looks like a light bulb for 3 seconds and the connext will come on. I can't take credit for this tip. Craig figured that one out.

Julian, Does that trick work on the 2010's too? I have always just bumped the engine to get the display and didn't know I had this capability. It has always been a pain to get hours etc.

Ahhh. I thought you had a new boat since it said maiden voyage.

She is new. Only the 24's have Connext.

I'm not sure how your engine hour meters are connected, but mine are wired in such a way that when the ignition is on, the hour meter clicks. So I do have a few more hours on the starboard engine as a consequence of checking depth every now and again. :oops:

Ok cool. I can't see signatures or specifics since I'm only in here on the mobile site. Hopefully there's a good way to check without having a key on.

Ok cool. I can't see signatures or specifics since I'm only in here on the mobile site. Hopefully there's a good way to check without having a key on.
Cool tip ---- On mobile devices, you can see all the signature and profile information if you turn the phone landscape! You can even see the last posted and post originator info from the list view as well.

Julian, Does that trick work on the 2010's too? I have always just bumped the engine to get the display and didn't know I had this capability. It has always been a pain to get hours etc.

Sadly (and I hope someone does say I'm wrong) I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for the 2010-2014 240 series boats. I really hate that I have to turn an engine over to get my multifunction gauge to pop up for 5 seconds. I often like to check my battery levels and depth gauge while anchored for extended periods of time. I wish we could just click to the accessory detents on the ignitions.

Back