• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What size to get for a jiggle shaker siphon hose?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought several fuel containers for the upcoming season so that I don't have to keep pulling my boat out to fuel up, and I can also take some fuel along for any longer trips. I'm guessing on-water fuel prices are going to be close to what @Ronnie is getting used to ($7-8/gal), and that's going to cause some wallet issues for what we do.

I'll be filling the boat at the pier, and I am looking to get one of these shaker siphon hoses: https://www.amazon.com/REV-X-Mega-Syphon-Priming-Siphon/dp/B073HKTJCD/ref=sr_1_11?crid=2VG7069JQJJHK&keywords=siphon+hose&qid=1645153670&sprefix=siphon+hose,aps,132&sr=8-11

Question I have is what size to get. I don't have access to the boat right now, so I can't really check the size of the opening, but I think a 1" would be too large. 3/4" will definitely fit, as I was able to check a fuel pump nozzle, but if I can step up to a 1", that'll speed things along.

What sayeth youseth guyseth?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bro, if you need a couple bucks to fill the tank just PM me I will Venmo you...... Not sure going around and siphoning fuel from other boats at the pier is the way to go o_O

I can check my boat in the morning if you like for hose size.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m fearing what on the water gas is going to cost this coming season. Last year the most I paid was $6.50/$7 per gallon for mid grade. This was when gas on the street was $4.50 or so. It’s already at $5 on the street and the forecast calls for it to climb as summer approaches. That’s the cost of fun so ….

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree I just went out and put a 1" PVC pipe, Sched 40, in it and there was a bit of wiggle still. The OD Diameter is 1.315", it was schedule 40.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bro, if you need a couple bucks to fill the tank just PM me I will Venmo you...... Not sure going around and siphoning fuel from other boats at the pier is the way to go o_O

I can check my boat in the morning if you like for hose size.
Why can't I have both? 😁

Send me the money, I'll use it to buy the hose! WINNER!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m fearing what on the water gas is going to cost this coming season. Last year the most I paid was $6.50/$7 per gallon for mid grade. This was when gas on the street was $4.50 or so. It’s already at $5 on the street and the forecast calls for it to climb as summer approaches. That’s the cost of fun so ….
Yeah, it ranged from $4.50-6.00/gallon last year, with $5 being the norm. $6 was holiday pay, but we never dealt with that.

Looks like I can move up to a 1", which will save me a bit. I decided last year that I wasn't going to keep pulling the boat just to take it into town to fill up, but I only had 11 gallons worth, which had to be used for scooters, mowers, trimmers....picked up 4 more VP 5 gallon containers for this year, and I was considering another 4 if the price drops below $100 for 'em.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It seems to take forever to empty one five gallon jug of fuel into the tank, I can’t imaging doing six to 10 in a row.

Last edited:

CanTex

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I purchased a shaker siphon a few years ago and used it for one season. The issue I had with the shaker siphon was that it would coil up when inserted into the gas can, yes it would work but would require me to pivot the gas can and the shaker around to get the last half or so gallon out.

I replaced the new "EPA" friendly gas can spouts with old school ones. I have 8 5 gallon cans converted with this spout to refill the boat and wave runners with. With the "high" flow spout I can empty 5 gallons in short order, much faster than shaker siphon was.

EZ-Pour Hi-Flo Replacement Spout, 30051 at Tractor Supply Co.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the 3/4 jiggle hose on my sea wall and carry a 1/2 on each of my boats i did the rotary pump thing and it was a pain... ended up just using jerry cans... the 135's would eat 20 gallons a day or more... my single 155 4-tec temp boat is way less than half that... i put like 5 gal in every other day maybe to top it off unless I use it hard and then it might take 5 gal in a day...

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I would think 3/4 to be sufficient. I think I'm running 3/8 and it takes maybe 2-3 mins to empty a 5 gal VP style can into the boat. I simply put I towel over the rear seat backrest and hold the can there. I think you could also use a bit of 3/4" sprinkler pipe at the fuel can end to help the hose straighten out. I'm going to try that, not that this has been a big problem.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Bought several fuel containers for the upcoming season so that I don't have to keep pulling my boat out to fuel up, and I can also take some fuel along for any longer trips. I'm guessing on-water fuel prices are going to be close to what @Ronnie is getting used to ($7-8/gal), and that's going to cause some wallet issues for what we do.

I'll be filling the boat at the pier, and I am looking to get one of these shaker siphon hoses: https://www.amazon.com/REV-X-Mega-Syphon-Priming-Siphon/dp/B073HKTJCD/ref=sr_1_11?crid=2VG7069JQJJHK&keywords=siphon+hose&qid=1645153670&sprefix=siphon+hose,aps,132&sr=8-11

Question I have is what size to get. I don't have access to the boat right now, so I can't really check the size of the opening, but I think a 1" would be too large. 3/4" will definitely fit, as I was able to check a fuel pump nozzle, but if I can step up to a 1", that'll speed things along.

What sayeth youseth guyseth?
Well, I just bought this without thinking about the hose size. If it doesn't work, I'll just use it for enemas.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

johnso30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My experience with the jiggle siphon hoses is that bigger isn’t necessarily better. I started with a 1/2” one and it works ok. I then got a 3/4” one thinking it would be faster, and it is once you get the siphon going… but I have a lot harder time getting the siphon going on the larger hose.

I just bit the bullet and ordered a Drop-n-Fill - was just delivered today actually.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gave a serious look at that 15 gallon container, until someone pointed out to me the fact that thing was going to be a bear to get out of the vehicle after it was filled up.

If I still had my truck, I would have added a fuel tank to the bed and used that, but sadly, she gone!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@RobbieO won't fit in my 195s, VP can is 20" tall.