• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would have been beautiful out there today, however wife seems to have developed some form of hypertension and blood pressure was a little alarming earlier in the week. So no boating until she can calm her anxiety about things down a bit. She runs a little high strung most the time anyway...
#goosfraba

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would have been beautiful out there today, however wife seems to have developed some form of hypertension and blood pressure was a little alarming earlier in the week. So no boating until she can calm her anxiety about things down a bit. She runs a little high strung most the time anyway...
#goosfraba
Thats a bummer, but still hope it all works out and get things under control.
My wife gets a very anxious and stressed about a lot, especially change. She dont(or ever) drink alcohol or smoke so there is no relaxing for her, lol.
Once in a while if things seem bad she will take a half a xanax. Which seems to do the trick.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a bummer, but still hope it all works out and get things under control.
My wife gets a very anxious and stressed about a lot, especially change. She dont(or ever) drink alcohol or smoke so there is no relaxing for her, lol.
Once in a while if things seem bad she will take a half a xanax. Which seems to do the trick.
Thanks! Things are improving. Her BP is close to normal so I don't think there's any risk. Just the challenge of figuring it why and managing it. No drinking or smoking going on here either... I may need to borrow some of that Xanax though...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Still boatless after 5 weeks ...Seems like when it rains it pours (i mean that literally too - weather here's been terrible). Replaced both intercoolers, both cats, all new plugs, oil, O2 sensors, new iNR module. Now there is an oil leak and will be a few more days. 😱

All I can say is "Thank God" this is all under warranty. On the bright-side, everything outside the engines will be brand new. So that's good. Hopefully next weekend we'll be on the water assuming the weather is good (hate getting rained on).
😶😶😶😶😶 Quick update. Oil leak turned out to be a cracked block 😳😱. A new engine was ordered and came in on Friday. Monday starts the removal and installation. Wednesday they'll put it in the water for a trial run. Praying all goes well and I get it back for Labor Day weekend. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

LOL, I asked if they could replace the other engine as well just to be sure. They laughed especially when I asked to replace them with twins 300s 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I told them i'd pay the difference 😎😎😎 Not.....

To make good use of a boat lift I put in an automatic boat wash. :happy::happy::happy:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
😶😶😶😶😶 Quick update. Oil leak turned out to be a cracked block 😳😱. A new engine was ordered and came in on Friday. Monday starts the removal and installation. Wednesday they'll put it in the water for a trial run. Praying all goes well and I get it back for Labor Day weekend. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

LOL, I asked if they could replace the other engine as well just to be sure. They laughed especially when I asked to replace them with twins 300s 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I told them i'd pay the difference 😎😎😎 Not.....

To make good use of a boat lift I put in an automatic boat wash. :happy::happy::happy:
Dang, that's serious! You dealer is on top of their game. How long have you been without your boat now? I wish we had more engine options in the Yamaha's...

Anyway, I hope you get to enjoy it over Labor Day.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Dang, that's serious! You dealer is on top of their game. How long have you been without your boat now? I wish we had more engine options in the Yamaha's...

Anyway, I hope you get to enjoy it over Labor Day.
6 weeks...too long. Sucks, but in the end it'll all be like a brand new boat. Trying to stay positive as the weather has turned positive. Labor Day will be fun. :thumbsup:

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We missed the last two weekends because our 2017 AR195 has developed a mysterious but serious water leak. Been at the dealer for two weeks and they can not track down the problem. Yamaha even sent a tech out and they claim they have never seen anything like it. Water is drenching the rear wall under the starboard rear seat. They have checked all fittings, rub rails, filled the hull up and watched for leaks and nothing. They take it for a run on the river and under the seat has standing water. They claim at idle and high speed there is no leak, but at slower cruising speed it leaks good. Not sure how long I leave it there before demanding more action. I know they are doing what they can but the excuse of "never seeing anything like this" is getting old. My boating days are over for the year I'm afraid.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We missed the last two weekends because our 2017 AR195 has developed a mysterious but serious water leak. Been at the dealer for two weeks and they can not track down the problem. Yamaha even sent a tech out and they claim they have never seen anything like it. Water is drenching the rear wall under the starboard rear seat. They have checked all fittings, rub rails, filled the hull up and watched for leaks and nothing. They take it for a run on the river and under the seat has standing water. They claim at idle and high speed there is no leak, but at slower cruising speed it leaks good. Not sure how long I leave it there before demanding more action. I know they are doing what they can but the excuse of "never seeing anything like this" is getting old. My boating days are over for the year I'm afraid.
Maybe one of the 3 cooling lines is leaking?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nowwhere...It's late August 2019 and I have not had the boat out since August 2018. So sad.
That's terrible to hear...

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The kid's Club soccer season has begun(with a 3-0 win) I'm busy coaching.

Wasnt the best year. Spring didnt spring until mid june, then Biblical rains until mid July. weve had a solid 6 trips. i'm HOPING for two more, but itll likely be one... Our annual river trip for cheeseburgers! Which isnt really "boating" but still fun.

then, Soccer schedule puts our WHOLE-Family Trip to Ozarks into mid October. Trending colder than norm, so itll be more relaxing than boating. If any boating at all, other than a drive to redheads for lunch.

Sounds a little crybaby, thirdworld problem-ish right? it is what it is. :cool: Feel lucky to do what we do, but cant help wanting to do it more hahah!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nowwhere...It's late August 2019 and I have not had the boat out since August 2018. So sad.
I apologize for my last post of complaint. I hope that gets rectified.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds a little crybaby, thirdworld problem-ish right? it is what it is. :cool: Feel lucky to do what we do, but cant help wanting to do it more hahah!
Exactly right... more please!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
6 weeks...too long. Sucks, but in the end it'll all be like a brand new boat. Trying to stay positive as the weather has turned positive. Labor Day will be fun. :thumbsup:
Guess what? Nope! Another f'king weekend and no boat. Weather is absolutely gorgeous (hot but hey, this is Florida). Seems the dealer is only fixing what they have to with no forward thinking. New engine was installed but missing a few gaskets. Gaskets came in but need more gaskets. Now temp sensors. Should arrive Monday. Who knows what's next. Damn!!!! Damn this is getting so old.......
When my wife starts complaining, like really complaining, shits about to hit the fan. Not happy.

On the positive side (really trying here), I finished the boat sprayer while the lift was empty 😶. Dying to try it out.

Thanks for listening...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn truck is in the shop getting AC repaired. Sooooooo no boating for us today 😢😢😢

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
College football has taken over Saturday... NFL on Sunday.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our daughter is on the HS Drill team so we have football games every Friday night for a while. Wife is the president of the booster club for drill and is in charge of decorating for the Homecoming dance in three weeks. So yesterday, Saturday, we went up to the school to measure and get visual ideas of what we could do. Then went to a party decoration warehouse type place to get the needed supplies. Done! Then it was time to shop for dress for daughter for the said dance. She knew what she wanted and we found it at a great price. Done! Now it's Sunday and we're getting things done like laundry and cleaning house while NFL games are getting ready to start. If we lived closer to the lake we'd spend more time there, even just day trips. We'll eventually live closer.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our daughter is on the HS Drill team so we have football games every Friday night for a while. Wife is the president of the booster club for drill and is in charge of decorating for the Homecoming dance in three weeks. So yesterday, Saturday, we went up to the school to measure and get visual ideas of what we could do. Then went to a party decoration warehouse type place to get the needed supplies. Done! Then it was time to shop for dress for daughter for the said dance. She knew what she wanted and we found it at a great price. Done! Now it's Sunday and we're getting things done like laundry and cleaning house while NFL games are getting ready to start. If we lived closer to the lake we'd spend more time there, even just day trips. We'll eventually live closer.
Friday nights are done for us. Our son is a frosh and plays the baritone in the band. Football Friday night is pretty awesome.