• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yet another reason you should get a tower even if you aren't into watersports.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@bronze_10 beat me to it.
I was looking for the old "jealous" emoticon. Lol

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agreed!CD289F4A-7DF6-496F-AFBC-5C5CAC50E9AA.jpeg4A952DDC-7588-4EBC-83C7-78710D015E48.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Makes me want to have more kids.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Little guy sat in this for about 45 min today. Nice cool breeze, had a chilled sippy cup in hand, and was well shaded.

Swing was about $30 on Amazon.

View attachment 95120
Nice picture! I noticed your WS Soundbar. How do you like it? What kind of amp do you have driving it? Is sound only projected forward (any bottom holes)?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are at that age when we try as hard as we can and it will not happen. Sure is fun, though.:)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are at that age when we try as hard as we can and it will not happen. Sure is fun, though.:)

We only have one and he’s 4. It’s an awesome thing, but we just couldn’t ever get ourselves to come around to having another. Worried we will regret it one day, but it’s life i guess.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the comments and likes. We're pretty pleased with the outcome. We keep that swing on the back deck at home and he enjoys it alot so we brought it along as a test. Might get a second so we don't have to transfer back and forth anymore.

Nice picture! I noticed your WS Soundbar. How do you like it? What kind of amp do you have driving it? Is sound only projected forward (any bottom holes)?
It's a great addition for not a lot of money. I think my refurbished until was $450. Adds a good amount of sound behind the boat while at anchor. Can't hear it wakeboarding, but don't care much about that. We really got it just to spread sound backwards while floating. It's got 10 speakers 8-4", and 2-1". Almost NO bass from it, but has good clear volume. We'll be adding a sub and upgrading the cockpit speakers for "fullness" this summer probably.

It's a self amplified unit. So hookup is a positive and negative cable then a plug in to a 3.5mm audio source. Super simple. Volume control is via a waterproof remote or the buttons on the unit itself. The head unit does main volume control, then we tune the "gain" by adjusting the volume on the bar.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We only have one and he’s 4. It’s an awesome thing, but we just couldn’t ever get ourselves to come around to having another. Worried we will regret it one day, but it’s life i guess.
Speaking as the father of only one kid. I have to admit that there are times when I think it would have been nice to have had more, but we don't regret our decision at all. She got all the love.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can see the 7yr (almost 8yr) old on the bench there. The little one is 14mo old next week. We weren't really trying for a second but we weren't really preventing either. Having a second this far apart from the first and as we enter our 40's is more work than we anticipated. Wouldn't trade him for the world though.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
A few of my acquaintances have asked why I bought a boat with a wake tower that will never get used. Resale value. Nobody is going to buy a boat if it doesn’t have a wake tower. Besides, I needed a place for my SXM antenna, a soundbar, a probably a swing at some point. 🙄👆

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
A few of my acquaintances have asked why I bought a boat with a wake tower that will never get used. Resale value. Nobody is going to buy a boat if it doesn’t have a wake tower. Besides, I needed a place for my SXM antenna, a soundbar, a probably a swing at some point. 🙄👆
We wanted a tower because most biminis shake like crazy in rough water or over wakes - wife thought we were going to have one fly off at one point. Bimini on a tower is awesome - rock solid. I'll never have a boat without a tower again.
And it looks cool too. :D

JetBoatingUpstateNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nobody is going to buy a boat if it doesn’t have a wake tower.
I did :)

Bought it to replace our 17' bow rider. Wanted the length, freeboard, style, rear seats, low maintenance and reliability these boats provide.

Do I wish I had a tower? I mean, sure. I wish I had a lot of things! But it was for sale by owner 10 minutes from my house, 1 year old in perfect condition so I jumped on it. NADA value is now $10K more than I paid.

I will buy the argument that you should try to buy what others will want (like a boat with a tower vs. one without) for the resale value. But buying the more expensive thing for the resale value alone has never made sense to me. The RV crowd is bad about this. Had a dude tell me this summer I should have gotten a big ass 5th wheel instead of my travel trailer for the "resale value." No thanks! I like investing in appreciating assets, not liabilities!

IVPLAY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Pretty cool but I forgot about this thread and was expecting to see some hot women in bikinis or naked hanging from the tower.
Am I the only one now curious about the weight bearing capacity of the tower? Kinky me's wheel are spinning.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I the only one now curious about the weight bearing capacity of the tower? Kinky me's wheel are spinning.
I'm 225 and can hang from it just fine.......Not for those purposes you have in mind, but to use my camp hammock :D :D