• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

You have got to be kidding me ...<Closed for Replies>

Status
Not open for further replies.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF-source.gif

Last edited:

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't spent a whole lot of time cooler shopping; I mostly buy igloo and I know they're not the best, but they are inexpensive and I don't care when one gets messed up. However, I did find this video that I found interesting. Not sure if it's a sound test or just more marketing hype, but it looked good to me in my ignorance.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Crazy how this turn into the cooler thread :)
There are those of us that have been on this or the old forum for 15 years and have seen "Fin Wars" Episodes 1-35....so we get a little punchy when Episode 36 starts. What we forget is that some might not have seen any episodes of "Fin Wars" so for them this is all new territory. Sorry for the squirrels

Here is episode #1 if you have trouble sleeping tonight! :winkingthumbsup":muted: (single handedly doubles the old sites daily traffic with one URL link! LOL)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the Ozark Trail hard cooler, knockoff of the knockoff. Holds ice easily for the weekend if we go out with a big crew. I have an RTIC soft 30 that's big enough for just me and the wife, but its not that big. I was looking at that AO one linked above to replace the six dollar cooler that came with the boat under the seat.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I put my lunch in a plastic bag that my wife gets free from the grocery store. It doesn't really keep my food cold but I just have to get it from the fridge to my truck, then from my truck to the fridge at work. And if I mess it up I just get another one...they're free after all.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a cheap cooler guy. There isn't much resale value on ice, so having a bunch left over doesn't mean much to me, and I still manage to pull out a cold drink at the end of the day. My Igloo sticker is on backorder though.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Going to post a cooler question in the general forum. Might be useful information if anyone knows.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well maybe it’s been discussed before but here’s why we can’t have nice things like joystick controls.

Differential bucket control —kind of similar to what the outboard guys have.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6386930

Hinckley patented it in 2007

B82B8CCA-9903-41B7-873E-3B0457DF666B.jpeg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm a cheap cooler guy. There isn't much resale value on ice, so having a bunch left over doesn't mean much to me, and I still manage to pull out a cold drink at the end of the day. My Igloo sticker is on backorder though.
I always was too. But when I went to get a new one I was shocked at how paper thin/cheap the hinges and latches were.

The ozark trail cooler may not hold ice as long as a yeti but it has decent build quality for a reasonable price.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This patent, like any other, can easily be squashed if someone can demonstrate the idea was in use prior to the patent. Also, a modification patent, which is what most new patents are these days, can improve upon an existing patent. For example, I seriously thought about patenting my failed nylon bolt on the cobras just to irritate some people.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This patent, like any other, can easily be squashed if someone can demonstrate the idea was in use prior to the patent. Also, a modification patent, which is what most new patents are these days, can improve upon an existing patent. For example, I seriously thought about patenting my failed nylon bolt on the cobras just to irritate some people.
You should.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are those of us that have been on this or the old forum for 15 years and have seen "Fin Wars" Episodes 1-35....so we get a little punchy when Episode 36 starts. What we forget is that some might not have seen any episodes of "Fin Wars" so for them this is all new territory. Sorry for the squirrels

Here is episode #1 if you have trouble sleeping tonight! :winkingthumbsup":muted: (single handedly doubles the old sites daily traffic with one URL link! LOL)
Weird....I think they just banned me for lurking :D

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
However, I did find this video that I found interesting. Not sure if it's a sound test or just more marketing hype, but it looked good to me in my ignorance.
It is April 9th and its snowing... screw it, I am watching this cooler comparo!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like how cooler discussion has cooled this thread down.

Although I still have the coolest cooler.....

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like how cooler discussion has cooled this thread down.

Although I still have the coolest cooler.....
Depending how you define cooler that is now also debateable. ;) While I was docked at a restaurant for dinner and sitting on an upperdeck with a great view of the docks I watched a guy look over at my boat stutter step and then crane his head around. He then walked back for a better look stared for a bit then continued down the dock. Nope that was not it. A few mintues later he was back with two buddies pointing and taking a photo of my beer tap. I just had to smile then and brag a bit now.

Now we can discuss something with almost univeral appeal.... Beer

That also brings me to a question. Will Bimini customs take issue will me declaring 4.5 gallons of beer? Well maybe 3.5 it is a long ride there;)

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A few mintues later he was back with two buddies pointing and taking a photo of my beer tap
Pics or it didn’t happen! ;)

But in all seriousness, pics of the tap please!!:winkingthumbsup"

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depending how you define cooler that is now also debateable. ;) While I was docked at a restaurant for dinner and sitting on an upperdeck with a great view of the docks I watched a guy look over at my boat stutter step and then crane his head around. He then walked back for a better look stared for a bit then continued down the dock. Nope that was not it. A few mintues later he was back with two buddies pointing and taking a photo of my beer tap. I just had to smile then and brag a bit now.

Now we can discuss something with almost univeral appeal.... Beer

That also brings me to a question. Will Bimini customs take issue will me declaring 4.5 gallons of beer? Well maybe 3.5 it is a long ride there;)
Got suds flowing yet? Curious how it handled the first few after getting rocked around.

Status
Not open for further replies.