• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian and @BBottoms check your gopro receipts mine was originally charge and billed correctly but noticed today on the shipping receipt that they rebilled mine at a higher price and I now have two charges from GOPRO on my credit card pending one at the correct price and one at the higher rebilled price today. I have not decided if I'm going to call and fight with them today or call my credit card company as I obviously didn't authorize the higher charge.
Ours did the same. Our credit card, Capitol One, actually flagged it as a fraudulent charge and contacted us this morning. They've taken the higher charge off our account and are supposedly working it out with GoPro. We actually got a 2nd order confirmation and shipping notice so we'll see if we end up with 2.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ours did the same. Our credit card, Capitol One, actually flagged it as a fraudulent charge and contacted us this morning. They've taken the higher charge off our account and are supposedly working it out with GoPro. We actually got a 2nd order confirmation and shipping notice so we'll see if we end up with 2.
I think I'm going to do the same route versus fighting with gopro and just call my credit card company as I'm pretty sure by law they can can't just charge my credit card what ever they feel like. What makes me mad is I'm fortunate to not be in this situation but imagine I was a 22 year old single parent and bought this but only had $400 in the bank they are currently holding $500 of my money and I would be broke with no way to feed my child because they were holding that amount for the two charges. All they had to do was call and say oopps we made a mistake or anything that's some pretty crappy customer service.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome...used the promo code to score a Karma battery and a GP 6 dive case! This site is getting more expensive!
I have a sand shark anchor for my ski and it’s works great on and near the beach....but I don’t have anything for deep water.
You are unlikely to want to anchor in more than 20’ of water.

Also it may be easier to find a boat that you can tie to. Many would not mind.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

We anchored last year in 100' of water to do some jigging for fish and when we went to pull up the anchor it was well and truly stuck. Fortunately I'd chosen to drop my cheap fluke anchor, but still lost that and 150' of rope :( (just happy I was smart enough not to drop my box anchor!)

This year I'm looking at getting a couple of drift anchors and using those to slow us down when we jig. Looks like Bass Pro has some reasonably priced ones. Anyone got an opinion on them? They are also good in distress situations for keeping the bow into the wind (and waves)....helps to reduce boat rocking and rolling all over the place, and slows down wind drift.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I still have 2 reservations at the Bahia Mar for Saturday and Sunday nights at the group rate. I need to cancel the one that I have with the king size bed but I figured I would check if anyone needed it before I did.....

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still have 2 reservations at the Bahia Mar for Saturday and Sunday nights at the group rate. I need to cancel the one that I have with the king size bed but I figured I would check if anyone needed it before I did.....
I will take both Saturday & Sunday night.

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say by looking at it you have more then enough lol. I'm hoping I have 100 ft in mine looks like you have 300+ ft. I agree with @Andy S I don't expect to drop an anchor any deaper then in 20ft or

Great Isaac Cay

Great Isaac Cay Lighthouse in 2004

Lighthouse[edit]
The most prominent feature of the island is its lighthouse, which was erected in 1859, and stands about 151 feet (46 m) tall. It has been claimed that a full moon causes unusual sounds to be heard on the small island. In the late 19th century local lore tells of a ship wreck on the island with one survivor, an infant. The child’s distraught mother, known as the Grey Lady, is said to haunt the island to this very day, wailing in sorrow during the full moon.

On August 4, 1969, the station was discovered to have been abandoned by its two keepers, who were never found.[3]Many believers in the Bermuda Triangle claim that the keepers were two more victims lost to its mysterious forces.[4]however, the hurricane record from 1969 indicates that Hurricane Anna [1], the first hurricane of 1969, on 1–2 August, passed close enough to Great Isaac Island to cause dangerous weather for the tiny rock island. By the 4th of August, the hurricane was well into the Atlantic Ocean.

The grounds are open to the public, although the lighthouse itself has had stairs removed to block access to the interior of that structure. The keepers’ house, cistern, and assorted buildings are crumbling into ruins. The derelict collection of abandoned buildings make Great Isaac Cay a popular destination for boaters.
Count us in too.

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC

That’s actually what I did last time...most everyone was very open and I make sure I have enough extra rope and bumpers if needed.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s actually what I did last time...most everyone was very open and I make sure I have enough extra rope and bumpers if needed.
Anytime that someone can get a mooring ball I encourage boats to tie up to each other. Rafting is a pain with waves but it is easy to tie to a rear clear on the boat in front of you. I have often had five or more boats tied to the same mooring ball.

I would suggest doing the same. A ski, or a few skis, could easily tie to one of my rear cleats while my boat is anchored. Just use a 15’ or 20’ to allow a little space.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Anytime that someone can get a mooring ball I encourage boats to tie up to each other. Rafting is a pain with waves but it is easy to tie to a rear clear on the boat in front of you. I have often had five or more boats tied to the same mooring ball.

I would suggest doing the same. A ski, or a few skis, could easily tie to one of my rear cleats while my boat is anchored. Just use a 15’ or 20’ to allow a little space.
but you will be on the July trip Bruce!! :p BOOOOOO!!!!:arghh:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
but you will be on the July trip Bruce!! :p BOOOOOO!!!!:arghh:
@Valerie I know of a pretty red boat on the june trip u can tie off too.. . Its not @Bruce blue boat but it is identical except for the color... Well and the fridge... And the engine compartment mod, and the grill mount mod, and the new hardwood floors he put below deck in all 3 statetooms..... Along with the marble counter tops in the galley and two bathrooms but other than all that they are identical!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to visit the Shark lab this year....anyone else up to join in?
Stop by the Bimini Sands office and Helena can arrange a tour for you. It is best to arrange the tour the day before. They hold the tour at low tide. I have never been able to get a same day tour.

In the past they asked for donations for the tour. I do not remember that being part of the tour last year but I recommend making a donation. Most of the staff are paying to be there and the few paid jobs are not well paid. It is a labor of love and education. The entire facility is run from grants and donations.