• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We would be interested, definitely
not to poo-poo anyone's plans, but to set expectations:: . We did the shark lab in 2013. I believe you need /they want a reservation made..

..the building is HOT, crowded, the information is interesting (as seen on TV)...I cant recall how long it lasted, but i got antsy.., they do look for donations ! ...BUT....in the end, with the limited days on Bimini....I would have preferred to be on my boat, or snorkeling....it was a rainy day, so that helped a bit....

perhaps a first in the morning tour would help keep the day intact.. my $0.02....

edit: my young kids enjoyed it and the walk to the "cages"......

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
not to poo-poo anyone's plans, but to set expectations:: . We did the shark lab in 2013. I believe you need /they want a reservation made..

..the building is HOT, crowded, the information is interesting (as seen on TV)...I cant recall how long it lasted, but i got antsy.., they do look for donations ! ...BUT....in the end, with the limited days on Bimini....I would have preferred to be on my boat, or snorkeling....it was a rainy day, so that helped a bit....

edit: my young kids enjoyed it and the walk to the "cages"......
Having taken the shark lab tour most years between 2014 and 2017 we were never inside a building. The entire presentation was at the cages.

I agree on scheduling the tour. They always want it scheduled a day or more in advance.

Emma and Gavin who are now 8 & 11 and likely 5 and 8 on their first visit have always enjoyed Shark Lab and ask to go back most years.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup....good for any really windy/rough/rainy day for sure!
You would want that Windy / Rough to be in a direction where Shark Lab is shielded. Otherwise it would be hard to stand around the shark cages.

If the water is rough on the south side of Bimini I suggest heading for a land tour of North Bimini.

Geoffrey Bori

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
@Valerie I know of a pretty red boat on the june trip u can tie off too.. . Its not @Bruce blue boat but it is identical except for the color... Well and the fridge... And the engine compartment mod, and the grill mount mod, and the new hardwood floors he put below deck in all 3 statetooms..... Along with the marble counter tops in the galley and two bathrooms but other than all that they are identical!
Sounds like a plan to me Valerie.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my last and most important piece of safety equipment arrived today the drill paddle. This should eliminate all fuel concerns for me.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ISLANDFASTPASS.COM

Anyone seen this yet. Just ran across this no idea if it works

Looks like online customs paper work.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On a more serrious note though for those who plan to snorkel various reefs or plan to try and climb the Sapona or try and climb on to Isaac's Cay I do highly recommend having some water gloves. These dive gloves are pretty inexpensive at $8.75 a pair for the XL with free shipping and I don't think they charged me tax either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ELWGCK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thats a score! I found my sons gloves last week.. reminded me of the fire coral i brushed up against. Horrible!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On a more serrious note though for those who plan to snorkel various reefs or plan to try and climb the Sapona or try and climb on to Isaac's Cay I do highly recommend having some water gloves. These dive gloves are pretty inexpensive at $8.75 a pair for the XL with free shipping and I don't think they charged me tax either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ELWGCK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great for all those uses, but always do your very best to avoid touching coral in any way you can. Don't touch with your hands, fins etc as it is very fragile and easily killed.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great for all those uses, but always do your very best to avoid touching coral in any way you can. Don't touch with your hands, fins etc as it is very fragile and easily killed.
Thank you mr science!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who is ready to cross today?

80F0D474-C482-4B97-A6AD-0B27FF012E91.png

Or would you prefer tomorrow?

FFC65D23-9F6A-4F7E-B1AC-5E9E3314CF9A.png

We all know that this water would be easy for @robert843. No worries at all!!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you mr science!
You are welcome. Some dive masters will actually ask you not to wear gloves while diving because the simple act of wearing the means people are more likely to touch the coral. I don't wear gloves diving or snorkelling because it makes it impossible to operate a camera...