• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For what it is worth; I have a 8foot antenna and it “folds” down. I can even put the cover with the antenna folded.
I want to upgrade to a 6 or 8 foot before I head to Bimini just to be a bit more safe.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to upgrade to a 6 or 8 foot before I head to Bimini just to be a bit more safe.
There is no replacements for displacement, right !!!!! same thing with antennas ( or so I think). I went with a $40 8 footer. For my next Bimini trip that is going to back up antenna with a fixed VHF that this random guy sold me over the internet.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am seeing random threads with Bimini discussions about the 2019 trip ( or trips). I am putting this up to avoid answering the same question in multiple threads and while waiting for the admins to post the official 2019 thread.

Before you get carried away, please read ( or at least scan ) this thread....

https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/
Batik, how are you, looking forward to 2019 trip. give me a call let me know the dates

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik Got a picture? I just purchased a handheld Standard Horizon HX890, but would like to see how non-towered JBs mount the antenna.

For what it is worth; I have a 8foot antenna and it “folds” down. I can even put the cover with the antenna folded.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Asplundh family has been officially named as the buyers of Bimini Sands. A few weeks ago I heard they were four to six weeks away from closing. Their public naming suggests that the closing is close. If the sale closes I believe it bodes well for an improvement in services for 2020. I am uncertain where pricing will go.