• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bad News.......Hopefully the marina can get its act together for the summer season........Between this and whats going on is west end (all slips roped off/marina closed) its setting up to be a weird year even by Bahamas standards

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shared @Julian sheet with friend he said he will review when done driving as well as the listing. Also sent to another friend who manages a 400mil hedge fund specializes in real estate
I think the real question here is... Are these friends of yours hiring? hahaha

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Bad News.......Hopefully the marina can get its act together for the summer season........Between this and whats going on is west end (all slips roped off/marina closed) its setting up to be a weird year even by Bahamas standards
I have friends that are going in mid May and are spending one night on their boat at West End Marina. Are they closed? Permanently?

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fuel and customs are open - the only slips available are ones the few that are part of the residences - I'm not sure how to contact them to see if there is one available - the regular slips are roped off and posted - many people are going to Blue Marlin Cove instead

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure how to contact them to see if there is one available
I would contact Beth Watson at USA Travel Network (954) 763-6025 if you are interested in one of the private slips at Old Bahama Bay.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I received another email that the condo is already under contract. That was quick.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds shady...which seems par for the course.
That ad was legit. It was sent to people who had rented condos in the past. Condo 2E has been for sale at that price for a while. I understand there were more than 30 inquiries in response to the ad.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Fuel and customs are open - the only slips available are ones the few that are part of the residences - I'm not sure how to contact them to see if there is one available - the regular slips are roped off and posted - many people are going to Blue Marlin Cove instead
I called the West End Marina (242) 350-6500 to confirm. All the slips have been roped off due to a court battle. They did say they are letting boats stay against the wall for now. (if that makes sense). Don't know if they supply water or power (forgot to ask) if you stay overnight against the wall.

Rusty C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know I'm probably on the wrong forum since I don't have a jet boat, but here goes! I would like to talk to someone in regards to joining a group Bimini trip this year.
My boat is a 2016 Cobia 201, and I've got considerable experience offshore fishing out of Orange Beach Alabama doing 90 plus mile trips. I don't have experience crossing the Gulf Stream and would like to find a group that is planning a crossing, or a person that can help me with planning a crossing.
My equipment is in top shape, and my window is 12-14 days. I don't know where would be the best place to launch, as I will be trailering my boat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rusty C, it is likely that some small groups will form for Bimini Crossings this year.

Due to the closure of the rental pool at Bimini Sands it is unlikely that we will have any large trips to Bimini in 2019.

However we are waiting to see if either the resort sells or otherwise reopens for rental business.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That ad was legit. It was sent to people who had rented condos in the past. Condo 2E has been for sale at that price for a while. I understand there were more than 30 inquiries in response to the ad.
Oh ok I thought you meant it was already under contract for the 27 Million. lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh ok I thought you meant it was already under contract for the 27 Million. lol
Nope, just the condo.

The resort also is rumored to have a buyer but nothing official.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called the West End Marina (242) 350-6500 to confirm. All the slips have been roped off due to a court battle. They did say they are letting boats stay against the wall for now. (if that makes sense). Don't know if they supply water or power (forgot to ask) if you stay overnight against the wall.
Yes this makes sense the wall is the part of the marina where the fuel dock and customs are located it is long wall and could hold a bunch of boats if needed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know I'm probably on the wrong forum since I don't have a jet boat, but here goes! I would like to talk to someone in regards to joining a group Bimini trip this year.
My boat is a 2016 Cobia 201, and I've got considerable experience offshore fishing out of Orange Beach Alabama doing 90 plus mile trips. I don't have experience crossing the Gulf Stream and would like to find a group that is planning a crossing, or a person that can help me with planning a crossing.
My equipment is in top shape, and my window is 12-14 days. I don't know where would be the best place to launch, as I will be trailering my boat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
There are two threads on this forum right now of planned trips this summer to Bimini check out the gatherings section of the forum for info. Hopefully one of their dates works for you.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Mine is a Digital 528. It is an expensive antenna but is claimed to have 1.5db gain over a typical 4 foot antenna and is easier to handle than a 6db 8 foot antenna. Typically a 4' antenna is 3db while an 8' is 6'. Unfortunately the method of increased output is not publicly documented but there are many anecdotal reports of increased range among boaters.

@Bruce got a quick question is your dihgital 528 removable?
Thanks Jorge

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce got a quick question is your dihgital 528 removable?
Thanks Jorge
I am thinking that you can disconnect the cable from the antenna to remove it easily. I have not removed it. I used a mount that tilts and tilt it down for transport. If you key the mic on the radio without the antenna attached you will destroy the radio.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For what it is worth; I have a 8foot antenna and it “folds” down. I can even put the cover with the antenna folded.