• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are rolling in June with 3 renegades all over 33ft all pushing over 1100hp.
In one trip you are bringing track ready Ducatis and now this!!!!! you are not making these trips exactly " equal opportunity " if you know what I mean. :banghead:

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s all good.

It will likely be March before anything starts to change at Bimini Sands if it does. Even then so much harm has been done that I doubt they can turn the facility around in the few months available.

I have contacts that can help at Big Game Club and Blue Water in Bimini and Old Bahama Bay in West End. Happy to handle the negotiations for any smaller groups that want to form for any of those destinations.
Latest news out of OBB is that the condo owners lost and the marina is shut down - the only slips they can rent are the few they own - no fuel

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Latest news out of OBB is that the condo owners lost and the marina is shut down - the only slips they can rent are the few they own - no fuel
Certainly they have legal issues as well.

I spoke to the head of their booking agency on Sunday who was more positive than this but it will be a few weeks before I have the proposal. My understanding that the OBB legal team is well funded and making good progress. Although it is the Bahamas so no one can predict the outcome!

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Certainly they have legal issues as well.

I spoke to the head of their booking agency on Sunday who was more positive than this but it will be a few weeks before I have the proposal. My understanding that the OBB legal team is well funded and making good progress. Although it is the Bahamas so no one can predict the outcome!
This hit the papers Monday New developer for $2.8bn Ginn revival

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
So
If anyone is interested (and I apologize to you guys who have already seen it on my facebook) I am planning a trip to Key Largo, the tentative dates are July 15-21
Key Largo trip 2019????
Checking interest
Details so far
4 bedroom house
Queen bed in each room
2 single beds in upstairs “loft”
2 stocked kitchens
2 living rooms
2 bathrooms
Boat ramp
Huge boat slip
Fenced giant yard to park trailers and vehicles
Nice shaded outdoor area in the back
On a moving canal that has Dolphins Plus on one end and a straight shot to the ocean on the other
Located at MM 99.5ish
$1800 weekly rental
$250 cleaning fee
$250 refundable security deposit
$205 per person for the week plus
$25 refundable deposit
$100 to reserve a spot. If you can not go you must fill your spot and transfer $100 to new person
Dates up for discussion they do not rent this house out during the holidays so I’m looking at sometime after July 8th

BE6D9D91-54CA-4F32-B534-D82D4F272177.jpeg595157D7-6E8D-40C3-9605-7F2E66066551.jpeg4BAA8400-629B-447F-A022-B344A7DDE2E4.jpegB038C23F-F48D-4DA9-9244-FE5D273925CB.jpegIf you are seriously interested please pm me let me know what week looks good for you

Attachments

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Valerie wife and I are headed down to the keys mid June. We will he spending 3 days in key largo area. If you are interested in anything specific I'll try to do some research. I need to find the trip plan wife has and can post up some stuff we have already found.

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I notice your profile picture is in the marina at Bimini Sands. Are you a condo owner? Curious what your perspective is.
No - We do not own at the Sands - just really love it there - have many friends that make frequent trips all over the bahamas and its truly amazing hearing their stories and seeing pictures - i guess a lot of its "charm" is maintained due to the lack of consistent govt rules and oversite - if they got their act together, the place would look like south florida.....

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Valerie wife and I are headed down to the keys mid June. We will he spending 3 days in key largo area. If you are interested in anything specific I'll try to do some research. I need to find the trip plan wife has and can post up some stuff we have already found.
Ha I think I just asked when you were going on Roberts Facebook post!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ididntdoit, I agree that taking the challenge away and flooding the Bamahas with tourists would certainly reduce the appeal for my family.

Unfortunately the insanity at Bimini Sands has gotten way out of control.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Valerie Orlando is a south as we will get this summer. we are thinking for a potential thanksgiving run but nothing certain. maybe 2020 if Bimini Sands is still a mess.

@ididntdoit do you have a twin sister in Doylesstown PA?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So
If anyone is interested (and I apologize to you guys who have already seen it on my facebook) I am planning a trip to Key Largo, the tentative dates are July 15-21
Key Largo trip 2019????
Checking interest
Details so far
4 bedroom house
Queen bed in each room
2 single beds in upstairs “loft”
2 stocked kitchens
2 living rooms
2 bathrooms
Boat ramp
Huge boat slip
Fenced giant yard to park trailers and vehicles
Nice shaded outdoor area in the back
On a moving canal that has Dolphins Plus on one end and a straight shot to the ocean on the other
Located at MM 99.5ish
$1800 weekly rental
$250 cleaning fee
$250 refundable security deposit
$205 per person for the week plus
$25 refundable deposit
$100 to reserve a spot. If you can not go you must fill your spot and transfer $100 to new person
Dates up for discussion they do not rent this house out during the holidays so I’m looking at sometime after July 8th

View attachment 87146View attachment 87147View attachment 87148View attachment 87149If you are seriously interested please pm me let me know what week looks good for you
I love the idea but I'm looking later in the year like October or November

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
are you going to Disney?
Disney for us is $500 a day kind of think. I would rather save that for Bimini or the keys. We will stick science museum maybe NASA and I think there will be some boating involved in gulf coast. We shall see

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Disney for us is $500 a day kind of think. I would rather save that for Bimini or the keys. We will stick science museum maybe NASA and I think there will be some boating involved in gulf coast. We shall see
When are yall headed down? To Orlando. renting boat or pulling yours?