• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
UGH... Is it June/July yet? I'm read to get rolling!!! Well, not really as I still need to get my trim tabs and bilge installed... but whatever, lets GO!!!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Planning a Bimini trip last week of June. Anyone happen to be going?
End of June tents to be a high demand week for Bimini, but you need to wait another 30 days or so before the admins announce the dates

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi, looking for a few buddy boats from west palm beach to Bimini July 6 , 2019 and coming back july 13 of course dates weather permitting.
@afsigma21 and @chris34 I would just post up those dates as a gathering in gatherings section as a planned Bimini trip and look for others to join and start planing it. I think @Julian is looking at those dates as well. I think it’s unlikely a large group trip will be organized on here as has happened in prior years I think it will just be a bunch of small trips organized by member just posting it up so probably not a whole lot of reason to wait to start planing.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have never made the trip so I am a little leary to be a head honcho on a small trip..... But I may have to!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm definitely going, 6/23-6/28. Already booked my condo, booked a flight for the wife and kids (will not tolerate eating 2 foot chop for 2+ hours). I have plenty of salt water experience, come to think of it , I don't think the Yamaha has ever seen fresh water. That said, I have never crossed the gulf stream. Probably crossing with 2 other boats. Getting things situated with the boat. All others welcome.
@Dave Biel post a new thread with those dates in the gatherings section if that’s when your going I’m sure others will join you.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, I will get my ducks in a row and post a thread for the dates I am looking for. Couple Questions:

1. In the preparing for Bimini thread it says the group usually leave from Bahia Mar at 6am to 7 am time frame, is there a reason to leave THAT early, vs. say 9 or 10 am? is it weather related?
2. With a smaller group, I was looking at the Holiday Inn Express by Harbortown Marina, is there a reason for the Bahia Mar other than convenience for a big group to meet and start? I am just thinking with a smaller group we could launch and go right from Harbortown.

Thanks for input!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, I will get my ducks in a row and post a thread for the dates I am looking for. Couple Questions:

1. In the preparing for Bimini thread it says the group usually leave from Bahia Mar at 6am to 7 am time frame, is there a reason to leave THAT early, vs. say 9 or 10 am? is it weather related?
2. With a smaller group, I was looking at the Holiday Inn Express by Harbortown Marina, is there a reason for the Bahia Mar other than convenience for a big group to meet and start? I am just thinking with a smaller group we could launch and go right from Harbortown.

Thanks for input!
1. The winds are typically calmer in the early morning the later in the day

2. Bahia Mar allows for an unhindered start that everyone can department from at the same time and no waiting on people to unload boats. Basically at Bahia Mar at 6am everyone walks down a dock steps on the boat and is off. Not required but it is convenient.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@afsigma21 and @chris34 I would just post up those dates as a gathering in gatherings section as a planned Bimini trip and look for others to join and start planing it. I think @Julian is looking at those dates as well. I think it’s unlikely a large group trip will be organized on here as has happened in prior years I think it will just be a bunch of small trips organized by member just posting it up so probably not a whole lot of reason to wait to start planing.

I have posted a new thread for my preferred dates.
Thanks Everyone!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys there is chatting about Bimini but they are 2 other threads organized by members not by the admins

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You guys there is chatting about Bimini but they are 2 other threads organized by members not by the admins
Going behind the bosses back. That’s equivalent to cheating 🙂

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I really need to find time to plan for these trips. Too swamped with work to do any planning.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really need to find time to plan for these trips. Too swamped with work to do any planning.
You better get on it man these things creep up fast or you may just have to join us in Exuma if you don't have time to plan lol

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going behind the bosses back. That’s equivalent to cheating 🙂
It’s all good.

It will likely be March before anything starts to change at Bimini Sands if it does. Even then so much harm has been done that I doubt they can turn the facility around in the few months available.

I have contacts that can help at Big Game Club and Blue Water in Bimini and Old Bahama Bay in West End. Happy to handle the negotiations for any smaller groups that want to form for any of those destinations.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You better get on it man these things creep up fast or you may just have to join us in Exuma if you don't have time to plan lol
When are you planning for Exumas ? I am planning for Abacos in July on a Formula 350.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When are you planning for Exumas ? I am planning for Abacos in July on a Formula 350.
We are rolling in June with 3 renegades all over 33ft all pushing over 1100hp. We do have a cobalt and possibly a AR240 as well but hey those should keep up just fine.