• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I saw an old episode of Miami Vice the other night. The episode dealt with drug running from Bimini into Miami and part of the plot involved an offshore boat race for $25,000. The race was supposed to be "to Bimini and back". I thought it was going to be neat to watch, but it turned out to be typical early '80's drivel.:vomit::dead:

You need to check out this movie.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With all the drama going on at the sands and the other hotels there i am strongly leaning towards a Key west week.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're thinking of staying at Bahia Mar and just running the boat from there, maybe take a couple of day trips to Bimini depending on the weather.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We're thinking of staying at Bahia Mar and just running the boat from there, maybe take a couple of day trips to Bimini depending on the weather.
Ditto. Will keep my eyes out for some gorgeous weather from April, fly into Miami one weekend, do a Bimini run for the weekend and fly back Sunday night or Monday morning back to work.

DIRTYOAR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will the nav on a 2018 242 have maps for bimini?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can’t you zoom out to bimini and then zoom in to see what it shows ?
On my chart plotter it is very obvious when when the charts end

DIRTYOAR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LOL boat is wrapped up for the winter and i never tried that before.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL boat is wrapped up for the winter and i never tried that before.
Nav+ has the Bimini area covered, at least the 2017 edition did.

--

chris34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
hi, looking for a few buddy boats from west palm beach to Bimini July 6 , 2019 and coming back july 13 of course dates weather permitting.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am planning those dates but thought I would go from Ft Lauderdale. If the group outing does not go, I guess I am staying at Big Game club, still keeping an open mind but I have those dates tentatively set.

chris34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I can leave out of Ft Lauderdale , it’s only 45 min from west palm beach. I’ll be hauling all the way from KY. Have you don’t this trip before? It would be super nice to have a few extra boats crossing at the same time .

chris34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Is that 30' Speedster a race boat?
Lol. No. They didn’t have my model. It’s a powerquest 30’. I know this is a jetboater forum so my apologies , just looking for Bahama buddy boats

rsrlegends

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ha. Keep an eye on this thread and you'll most likely have a large group of buddy boats for the trip.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@chris34 I am not sure if you have gotten a chance to read all 22 pages, but in 2019 we are predicting multiple trips with smaller groups. Like 5 to 7 boats vs. 30+ we had in the past. If I were you I would wait until end of January beginning of February as that is the time when the admins typically announce the dates.

If this is your first crossing to Bimini, the jetboaters make a good group to cross. Especially when it comes to logistics the admins put a hell of an effort to organize all the boats and get us discounts wherever they can.

In regard to the dates, although we try to fix them, we usually do not know for 100% until Wednesday or Thursday prior to crossing ( typically crossing is scheduled for a Monday). You will need to prepared to make a Saturday or Sunday crossing is weather requires it. In 2018 the June trip was moved on Sunday and July trip was moved to Saturday.

If this is your first time, have you seen the previous years crossings or the prepare for Bimini threads?

PS. in regard to this being a jetboater forum, you are most welcome in this place. I am sure all the jet boat owners here understand that there is 2 kids of people. Those make the wrong choice on picking a spouse and those who make a choice on picking a drivetrain for the their boats LOL

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah, a 30' should do fine.
You in Lake Cumberland with that boat?
Better post pics of it under 76 falls or something!
Still be sure to have safety gear and a fixed vhf and handheld vhf if you can. Helps a lot in talking and such.

I think the group doing abacos would be going to freeport? I wonder how a big group would be going to grand bahamas instead of bimini?
I thought bimini was perfect paradise but if it becomes a hassle, then perhaps someone else likes thousands of dollars coming in at once.

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Planning a Bimini trip last week of June. Anyone happen to be going?