• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If i were to bring my own boat in 2019
What is this nonsensical crap???
Also, you and your family are always more than welcome to ride along with me if need be!!!

Last edited:

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
it looks like you might have your own fleet LOL
One idea I had about your situation.... If these are good friends of yours, it might make more financial sense for you guys to share a boat or 2. It might drop the cost by 30% or more. You only weight concern is for crossing, so you put kids and a gurdian on the ferry and the rest of the adults (no more than 5-6) can cross on your boat ...... just thinking .....
HAHAHA the Virginia Fleet!!! One is a close friend (@T. Hardee ) the other (the one on a ski) is an "online friend". lol That was the original plan, Trent and his wife were going to ride with me, but now I think I have him convinced to replace his current boat (Southwind Hybrid deck boat) with a Yamaha Jet Boat!!! lol If anyone is interested, hit him up its not posed in the classifieds but send him a PM if you want a second boat in your fleet!!! lol

Last edited:

T. Hardee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
HAHAHA the Virginia Fleet!!! One is a close friend (@T. Hardee ) the other (the one on a ski) is an "online friend". lol That was the original plan, Trent and his wife were going to ride with me, but now I think I have him convinced to replace his current boat (Southwind Hybrid deck boat) with a Yamaha Jet Boat!!! lol If anyone is interested, hit him up its not posed in the classifieds but send him a PM if you want a second boat in your fleet!!! lol
@JeffVans , selling my boat and spending my money? LOL. What are friends for!

T. Hardee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So you have the glass bottom and toon top? I’ve seen one of those locally I believe. What’s the top end on those and what’s it worth?
@Ramblin Wreck yes, modified V-hul bottom and toon top. With 5 people onboard we cruise around at about 32@4700 rpm. The value differs depending on condition. Average price for a 2007 is between $17-$21k. those are the prices I’ve been able to find locally.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is this nonsensical crap???
Also, you and your family are always more than welcome to ride along with me if need be!!!
I appreciate but I doubt it will come to that.
My wife is going to visit Greece in a couple of weeks and I worry that she might want to go there instead of the Bahamas. Although for me Bimini is definitely better. Besides the 2 mortgage payments and other non boat related drama, I really want to prepare the boat a single boat crossing. At this point, I still have a non operational latch and primary bilge pump. Plus I am thinking about some additional electronics, so I can feel comfortable crossing alone ( if I had too). In case, it is not obvious I am very insecure. LOL
When the dates get announced in January February, I will know better though. :jimlad:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Virginia Fleet LOL I love it. In 2018 we actually had NJ boats and NC boats, so it is about time Virginia gets its own fleet.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got my flags in the mail today. One step closer to Bimini 2019!

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
This trip has brought me to this forum as I thought I wanted to do it on my RXT. But it looks to be more fun (at least the 1st time) to go on the boat. Guess I have to start getting the raggedy old girl ready to go for 2019!!

Tony Walters

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
PWC
This trip has brought me to this forum as I thought I wanted to do it on my RXT. But it looks to be more fun (at least the 1st time) to go on the boat. Guess I have to start getting the raggedy old girl ready to go for 2019!!
I need some more jet ski's out there with me in 2019, get the old SeaDoo ready...

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tony Walters no worries; there will be a few skis for sure. If I recall correctly @robert843 has been itching to ride a ski as he was looking to get his boat delivered in Bimini

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Tony Walters - the old girl is the 09 Challenger 230 - my ski is a 18 RXT 230 so I might just do that instead if the better half doesn't mind taking a back seat ;).
The boat may take more money to get ready - it's pretty much a sandbar/river rat down here.

Tony Walters

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
PWC
@Tony Walters - the old girl is the 09 Challenger 230 - my ski is a 18 RXT 230 so I might just do that instead if the better half doesn't mind taking a back seat ;).
The boat may take more money to get ready - it's pretty much a sandbar/river rat down here.
@Sandbar29910 , That would be awesome, I am running a 2018 Rxt-X 300 and sending the wife across on the fairy.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Crossing with a passenger is a real challenge, especially when the water is less than perfect. 4 or 5 hours of pounding waves will wear out even the toughest....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ferry is less than $300 round trip. If we’re youbi would defiantly take the ski. Much cheaper that way

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Tony Walters no worries; there will be a few skis for sure. If I recall correctly @robert843 has been itching to ride a ski as he was looking to get his boat delivered in Bimini
I have crossed to Bimini and Abaco on a ski I will gladly runs someone elses ski across if needed lol. I do pick up my new ski tomorrow but I don't think I will be taking it to the Bahamas next year unless its just a short weekend trip or something.

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I wouldn't mind doing a weekend shot over on the ski myself - good excuse to take a couple days off.