• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 24 - July 28 2019

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm interested, never been there not sure where to stay or how to book?

First summer with my new boat.
You should go, everyone there is very welcoming and is a good time no matter what your interested in as long as it involves boating you'll have fun! My family and I had a blast last year and it was our first time.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Neil,

Unless plans change, unfortunately we will not be able to attend this year. I appreciate the welcome that my family received last year, it is definitely something we will do again but I have an opportunity I cannot pass up.

Everyone be safe and enjoy themselves!

Scott
Thanks for the update Scott. Enjoy the opportunity at hand!

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Newbie question ?

Do I need a boat slip, or is it easy to launch the boat.
If I want to ON/OFF lake during the day where do I park the boat.
Do I leave dog at home or get them into the boating lifestyle.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Many of you on this list, I can safely assume will be in attendance, but I would like you to confirm so I don't have to incorrectly assume.

4 - @Scott Huse
6 - @aarons1k
10 - @ar240owner , @Ar240owner’s wife
12 - @Lynn Owens
15 - @pumps and hose
17 - @Impelled
20 - @BAC.94
21 - @Sheboat
22 - Bill W @Sheboat
23 - @Walt McCree
25 - @Speedling
26 - @shane hric
29 - @RampRage
31 - @JC6275
35 - Melinda and Shawn @MutherTucker
38- @Brian eilrich
40- @yam230
44- @YamahaForMe
45. Jimxo Confirmed!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boat slip: folks do it both ways. Some like
Newbie question ?

Slip: folks do it both ways. Some prefer to load/unload the boat at the room. Launching is easy. If you’d rather cart your cooler down to the boat (you would have to drive to the marina anyway) then that’s easy too. Probably more get a slip than don’t, though. Plenty of parking for boat and trailer at the resort if you go that route.

Launch is $5 per day, in the little box. Unattended.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Newbie question ?

I brought my dog last year, this year I have 2 vizslas that will be with us.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a heads up folks. The Subway at Lithia Marina is gone. Their intention was to do something probably like the NorthEnd (was Skeeters) up near the parking lot area, but we heard recently that they were having trouble making that a reality this year. At this time, we don't have any confirmation of food service at the Marina, though there has been talk of trying to do vendors/food trucks, or something else.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is the prospective of one who purposely does not get a slip.
Pros- don't have to wait on others to launch or retrieve
Cons- Bringing food, towels and boards to and from pier, morning dew will have your cover soaked, cover will have to be stowed or taken to truck, millions of insects hanging out on your boat

Please bear in mind that I trailer and I find it more attractive than getting a slip. Load the kids up on the boat and drive to the launch.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jimxo Last year we joined for only few hours, it was an in-and-out quick trip from Saint Louis, MO in between our other trips. So, didn't get to hang out or really join the group activities much. But, we managed to have @jcyamaharider help us dial in the wake surf wedge and the deck bag, and we had a blast on the lake!
The lake is beautiful and water sport friendly, the ramp we used was very well maintained, clean, and convenient.

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are the slip reservations online now, it looks like? I called today at 4:30 and got a recording that they are closed for the season.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I slipped one year, I'll keep launching daily for the same reasons @buckbuck said. I also take the opportunity to save a few bucks if I need to run into town(about 5 minutes) and fuel up. Also one huge plus is Lithia Resort is so close to the boat launch I don't have to make sure everything is stowed away and tightened down. Heck, all my passengers just stay in the boat until we get back to the cabin. I usually bring a big crew, my three kids and my two teenage cousins.

Slipping does however afford the opportunity to come and go though, so if you plan on going out in the morning for some watersports of a cruise or whatever, then head back to the cabin for a bit and back out for the tie up, it has its advantages. My crew doesn't get moving very early, but if I have the itch to surf in the morning I might try and bum a ride from someone who is going out early...:p

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Move Impelled to the confirmed list. Charley & Madelyn now think they "need" to come every year! Everything's the same Room #10, same boat, slip #C.....not squeezing next to gangplank this year. Planning on driving to Cumberland on Sunday after leaving Shelbyville. Then may go straight to Norris for a week? C'mon summer!

I love the discussions about the Mrs.'s suspicions on first time encounter with the "Internet Boat Friends"- LOL

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Haven't gotten a slip yet. I got a message saying they're still closed
Lady doing reservations is working from home, they said. Call 217-827-5074. I got someone to answer the phone today, and they gave me this number for Becky. I called and she answers "Lithia Springs Marina". Got my slip reservation made. I believe I'm up in the front this year to the right of the entrance.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lady doing reservations is working from home, they said. Call 217-827-5074. I got someone to answer the phone today, and they gave me this number for Becky. I called and she answers "Lithia Springs Marina". Got my slip reservation made. I believe I'm up in the front this year to the right of the entrance.
I reserved mine online