• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The cup holders on the upper swim deck always emptied into the bilge. Not sure if the lower ones will have the drain vent like the larger boats do. Either way shouldn't be an issue if they get wet since they will drain.
Huh...on the 242X they empty onto the lower swim deck, strange they wouldn't do it the same way on all the models.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Huh...on the 242X they empty onto the lower swim deck, strange they wouldn't do it the same way on all the models.
Because the 19' boats are the red headed step child of the lineup :D. It never bothered me the upper cup holders drained into the bilge. What did bother me was all the other cockpit cup holders with zero drain tubing so the storage compartments just get soaked leaving it up to the owner to seal them up or run drain tubing. Of course the FSH got drain tubing lol.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good point. My 2018 AR240 does as well...all 24's do.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good view of the new nozzles

IMG_9947.PNG IMG_9948.PNG

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anxiously awaiting the wisdom of the experts of this forum as to whether to snatch up an 18 242 or if a 2019 is worth it.....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good point. My 2018 AR240 does as well...all 24's do.
Yes that's because the larger boats had cup holders on the lower deck and had a drain to flow out on the swim deck. The cup holders on the upper deck on a 19' boats are/were directly above the bilge therefore they just let them drain down in there. I can't see Yamaha drilling a hole for the white drain outlet/vent piece unless they had to. Now with the 2019 cup holder on the lower deck I imagine all boats will have the white drain vent and no longer drain directly into the bilge.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if Shorelander ended up putting radials on the trailer.
Ha!

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if Shorelander ended up putting radials on the trailer.
Ha!
The fenders look nicer. All diamond plate...no black plastic.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anxiously awaiting the wisdom of the experts of this forum as to whether to snatch up an 18 242 or if a 2019 is worth it.....
If you find a deal, get an ‘18. Unless something game changing comes out on the 19’s, but highly doubt it.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I feel like for $80k you have a lot of options. At $35k with the AR195 it seems like a steal.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you find a deal, get an ‘18. Unless something game changing comes out on the 19’s, but highly doubt it.
Let me know your thoughts in a few hours ... I already kinda know what’s coming but colors will matter to wife

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know your thoughts in a few hours ... I already kinda know what’s coming but colors will matter to wife
Usually the length matters to my wife! :D