• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The styling is radical and some will love it, some will hate it. I love it.
Beyond that, this new Yama is about as practical as you would expect from a tender to Paul Allen's yacht Octopus.

I'm sure the new Yama275 will be extremely well received by boating magazine testers (they are so unbiased).
Incidentally, so was Pontiac Aztek (in 1999?).

I will be focusing on my work tomorrow, curiosity is over.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will be focusing on my work tomorrow, curiosity is over.
I'm still really curious to see what they did with the interior? How much seating is there? Where did they put this sink and counter? Did they make use of the hard top in any way at all (add storage, radio box, board straps, etc). Did they add a full head? Is that dash just the one screen and that is it?

I'll be on in the morning!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still really curious to see what they did with the interior? How much seating is there? Where did they put this sink and counter? Did they make use of the hard top in any way at all (add storage, radio box, board straps, etc). Did they add a full head? Is that dash just the one screen and that is it?

I wonder if this is the sink, I can't picture it anywhere else.

Inked8DF85732-4D6E-4D75-9F71-16BF7A509C4B111111_LI.jpg

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Look at the distance from the top of the wheel to the top of the windshield.
Really don't like that windshield design either.
If that's a touch screen, it looks like you'd be reaching over the wheel to access it. Would be tough when seated.
See the paddle shifter for the DRiVE system?View attachment 87778
He is probably sitting with the bolster up and the wheel adjusted up.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wheel looks lower in the pic directly above.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll watch....maybe.....is it streaming on Facebook only, or is there a better link I can monitor?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll watch....maybe.....is it streaming on Facebook only, or is there a better link I can monitor?
Streaming on FB only as far as I've been told by Yamaha. There will be a recordings of the live steam (I hope) and Marketing videos galore I'm sure!
In addition, we will have at least 2 members do their own live stream and recording of their walk throughs (one Friday and one Saturday) - this will give us a Jetboaters inside opinion!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm still really curious to see what they did with the interior? Did they add a full head?

It looks to me to be a carry out head, type 1 or 2, I do not see any pump out access covers for a holding tank, type 3, on the port side.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I am really intrested in the removable swim seats. My wheels are already turning on how to implement something like that on my boat. All of the floaty options (diaper life jacket, float chairs, etc) out there leave things to be desired for me. Perhaps something like pedestal mount under the swim platform with a round fibergalss or plastic seat would work. Shade can already be obtained with a beach umbrella in a pedestal mount arm on the back deck. Shoot the mount for a seat could even be used to attach a dog reboarding pedestal or even a tv mount for those early fall football game sandbar/beach hangouts.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I agree, however those are just details, the flyer shows all the major design features.

Believe me, if you and @Bruce were streaming this here on jetboaters.net (with Yamaha's support similar to the big 2016 or 2017? reveal) I would be glued to my screen. But, watching it on FB... not very appealing.
Oh, well. At least they chose the Miami Show for this big reveal.
Could have been Bimini, or Fyre Festival, lol.

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am really intrested in the removable swim seats. My wheels are already turning on how to implement something like that on my boat. .
I was thinking of something that could mount in a similar manner to the new wakebooster.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, however those are just details, the flyer shows all the major design features.

Believe me, if you and @Bruce were streaming this here on jetboaters.net (with Yamaha's support similar to the big 2016 or 2017? reveal) I would be glued to my screen. But, watching it on FB... not very appealing.
Oh, well. At least they chose the Miami Show for this big reveal.
Could have been Bimini, or Fyre Festival, lol.

--
Speaking of Fyre Festival, after seeing so many of the negative reactions to the brochure Yamaha may be thinking of hiring this guy to convince people it will be worth their while to buy this boat.

Attachments

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder how many people will leave the “swim up seating” in the water when they take off? As many times as I have left my ladder down, I’d have to make some kind of reminder that they are down😁

I finally read the ad, the Drive paddles are cool, it’d be nice to switch forward and reverse like that!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they allow me and the weather cooperates I will inspect and get footage video/stills of every inch of that boat. It will most likely be in the water so i doubt I will get any footage of pumps ,etc. but everything else is fair game. If it has a handle/hinge, i'm opening it. I'm a big guy so hopefully it can give you guys a perspective as to how much room there is or isn't. If i fit, everyone on this forum can fit, lol.

I was even thinking of printing out a "jetboaters.net" badge thing to let them know that i'm from this site, but i wouldn't do it without the admins permission, lol.

I will also try to see if any of the other jetboats present have any new developments along with the wake booster etc.. I know Will is supposed to be there so I will try to get footage of his also.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The more I see it, the prettier it looks. Just not what I need. But she is cute (the boat that is)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If i could afford it, i would buy it.
I love lake Michigan and would love to explore more often. 21' boat does great on fuel but i have to be extremely careful when i go out. 26' with tabs sounds good to me. Along with some freshwater sink, and the toilet. I personally would rather cruise than surf, and i would rather go fast than cruise.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If they allow me and the weather cooperates I will inspect and get footage video/stills of every inch of that boat. It will most likely be in the water so i doubt I will get any footage of pumps ,etc. but everything else is fair game. If it has a handle/hinge, i'm opening it. I'm a big guy so hopefully it can give you guys a perspective as to how much room there is or isn't. If i fit, everyone on this forum can fit, lol.

I was even thinking of printing out a "jetboaters.net" badge thing to let them know that i'm from this site, but i wouldn't do it without the admins permission, lol.

I will also try to see if any of the other jetboats present have any new developments along with the wake booster etc.. I know Will is supposed to be there so I will try to get footage of his also.
You have permission to display Jetboaters.net in any way you would like!!!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hey. one of the things I like is the single level swim platform....

But maybe I missed it.... Did anyone mention cleanouts? Guessing Probably inside those doors below the lounge? access seems tight...