• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess people who spend 100K + for a boat don't change their own oil?
I would, i dont let anyone fix or maintain anything i own. I am very particular about my stuff. Lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess people who spend 100K + for a boat don't change their own oil?
Ok let me rephrase, anyone who changes that oil filter is going to spill oil and curse that offset hatch. There are plenty of guys with $100k+.... hell $200k wake boats that change their oil all the time. The reason is because it's fairly easy to access and work on. I plan on changing my own oil after my 2 years of free service are up on the new boat and I'd dare say it's a nicer boat (to me) than this new Yamaha. Cost of boat doesn't mean anything to me if I'm going to wrench on it or not. However Yamaha has been known to make these boats really easy to do maintenance....until you get to this new offset hatch design. It just doesn't bode well for anyone working on it. Also better hope your dealer is a rockstar and will come to you unless you have permit and a trailer to tow this thing. Seems shortsighted but just my opinion.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was kidding.....guess I should have added....:p
Ah lol. Truth be told there are people that probably think that way. I see similar comments when talking about fuel efficiency on boating forums.

It's weird how offset the engines are relative to the hatch. I remember one guy talking in one of the videos saying how thin Yamaha designed the gunnels to make the interior feel wide and spacious. IMO since it can't easily be towed they might as well have gone all out making it a little wider so that they could keep all of their design in the walk thru but also allow the engines to move a few inches outward so things like the engine compartment didn't have to be so offset blocking off 1/3 of the engine access. Getting to the intermediate bearing is going to be FUN so I hope Yamaha included the hose even though this isn't a 4-star engine. Typically 3-star engines do not get the intermediate bearing housing fill hose, so it will be interesting to see if Yamaha included that for some poor sap.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah lol. Truth be told there are people that probably think that way. I see similar comments when talking about fuel efficiency on boating forums.

It's weird how offset the engines are relative to the hatch. I remember one guy talking in one of the videos saying how thin Yamaha designed the gunnels to make the interior feel wide and spacious. IMO since it can't easily be towed they might as well have gone all out making it a little wider so that they could keep all of their design in the walk thru but also allow the engines to move a few inches outward so things like the engine compartment didn't have to be so offset blocking off 1/3 of the engine access. Getting to the intermediate bearing is going to be FUN so I hope Yamaha included the hose even though this isn't a 4-star engine. Typically 3-star engines do not get the intermediate bearing housing fill hose, so it will be interesting to see if Yamaha included that for some poor sap.
I would imagine that they already moved them as far outwards that they could. And more and they would be too high and the outboard pump would cavitate badly on turns

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it were me the boat would have more freeboard and a little wider giving you more room to move the engines out further and lower to solve the pump issue being too high. May as well go wider since it can't be towed easily. That way they could keep everything relative how they have it now while giving you plenty of access around both sides of the engine.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

One thing my wife and I noticed is the ease of that walkthrough, comparing it to the hump of a 240 for example. You dont even realize it until you get back into a 240 and have to go from the stern of a 240 to the inside. So yeah, i agree, they sacrificed some engine room for ease of access for folks buying this boat. The port engine is a breeze for oil filter but stbd is going to require some contortionist friend to get it done properly. Down here in S. FL. not many people pay attention to that 8.7 or wider rule requiring permits. Once you get further north that will be an issue, but i doubt down here many people will pay attention to that. Time will tell of course.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Down here in S. FL. not many people pay attention to that 8.7 or wider rule requiring permits. Once you get further north that will be an issue, but i doubt down here many people will pay attention to that. Time will tell of course.
Still and all, seems like an awful lot of boat to be towing around.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's actually way easier to get to the starboard filter than it appears. I reached down and grabbed onto it easily just to try, plenty of room really.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good to know because it looks really tight for my mitts. :D

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So bummed and frustrated. Year after year, waiting hopefully for something new and cool to come out, and then this thing. Another massive letdown.

My family climbed all over this boat on Saturday. My family is wanting a new larger boat since we often have many friends with us. My family actually declined to even waste time test driving the boat. And of course, the never ending salesman BS. My wife and kids were really bummed out. I wasn't happy either. Based on a lot of comments I overheard and from reading, this boat totally misses the mark.

For 99k, think about it, what do you really get?
1) 3 more feet
2) Not really that much more seating. You get larger seating areas, but not that you would actually use at once.
3) SVHO engines that are louder and suck even more gas, and all just to go 1mph faster.
4) More low speed gimmics because Yamaha still hasn't figured out there are way easier ways of doing this, they're just stubborn.
5) another half foot of draft, now 22".

Then 15k for a bimini tower/top? Another 15k so it's hard with a hole in it to let the sun back through (and, LOL, paddleshifters)? You can buy another small boat for 30k!!! Or two jet skis!

Don't even get me started on that super ugly windshield design. The boat overall does look really nice, but that windshield is just UGLY, it totally kills the whole boat. I know some of you have actually said you like it. I respectfully request you go have your eyes checked, maybe this is a sign you're due.

To those of you that think towing over 8'6" is not a big deal, please consider where you live. Don't trust your salesman. Consider that most of these boat companies that sell dual axle trailers in FL with brakes on only one axle are already selling you an illegal setup right off the lot so there's no reason to expect they're going to be truthful with you about overwide towing. In FL, over 8'6", you need an annual oversized $20 permit. You can apply online and this part is easy. But wait, there's more. You now also need flags at the front corners of your tow vehicle and the rear corners of the boat. But wait, there's more. Going to the keys? The rules change once you enter the keys and there's even a sign stating how the fl annual permit no longer applies!!!! Now you can only tow during the day. But wait, there's more. You are required to go through weigh stations on the keys. The nightmare stories are plentiful over on thehulltruth. Yes, lots of people get away with it, but also lots of people don't. I've driven past the roadblocks and seen the pulled over boats and the boats you clearly know are oversized and no flags, etc. Their weekends are ruined with the boat stuck on the side of the road, very expensive tickets, etc. Now they are stuck trying to get the permits (on a weekend?) or even trying to locate last minute, licensed haulers to try and get their boat to it's destinatation.

The competition is capable of building 27 bowriders that are only 8'6" wide and can sit as many and even more than the 275. Yamaha, why did go wider? Was it just so you could squeeze that walkthru in between the engines? It would be nice to understand the reasoning of why you did this. Seadoo went over 8'6" with their larger boats and they got beat up badly on the forums, and one has to wonder if that contributed to lost sales.

The main thing my family disliked with the 275 was the layout. My family hates captains chairs. They are so yesterday. Worse, with the passenger captains chair turned around, you couldn't open the head compartment anymore. Every time we tried to open the door, it kept getting caught on the carpet. The drivers chair was no better and the way they have that console there, once anchored, I'd bet most people wouldn't bother using either of those two chairs anymore.

Another thing we all disliked was actually seeing the 275 out on the water, it actually looked small and low to the water. It doesn't look like a dry boat or a boat I would take out in rougher seas.

So we moved on, extremely disappointed. At least the competition has woken up and is providing better and very competitively priced alternatives, in some cases, depending on how you configure, even cheaper (at least based on boat show pricing)!. Most of the competition now offers 27' bowriders and 8'6" wide. And, even better, without a top/tower, they fit through an 8' garage door! I would go with an outboard and that's a little more limiting. We'd narrowed it down to SeaRay, Four Winns, and Monterey. Ultimately my family fell in love with the Searay's. In the case of the SeaRays, there's even the possibiliyy we'd just go with the SDX 250 OB. The layouts and storage capacity was amazing on these boats. My family loved the Searay SDX 270 OB seat layout. No captain's chairs!!! Nice easily movable backrests (like the Yamaha 275's rear lounger) which made the main seating area ENORMOUS. You could still open the head compartment! I liked the bow of the 250 and the single larger compartment. I personally was leaning towards the FourWinns RS (styling mainly), but those #$&$##$ing captains chairs, same problem there, turn the passenger seat around to face back and you couldn't open the head compartment anymore. I did love the Searays's dash with that large flat panel that was a customizers dream.

Yeah, I know, the competition is an outboard (or IO if you so choose), but there is a big part of me that is over jets. I am sick of the grass. Every trip to the keys I have to deal with grass clogging. I'm also sick of the noise and low end fuel economy. We spent sunday on a center console with twin yamahas OBs and headed down to boca chita and the sound is just that much lower and it's easier to hold conversations. I don't know if it's the pitch, freq, etc, but something about it is just better. Maybe it's just that the noise is completely outside the boat and there's only the engine cover whereas our engines our inside and the entire hull now becomes a part of the sound? I'd be giving up a few feet of the transom, but then wow, did the SeaRay and others offer a TON of storage beneath the transom seats since there's no more motor there! My daughter has gotten into scuba, and wow, we could store full gear for many people in there, all on the very back of the boat! Grass would also no longer be an issue, noise would be lower and fuel economy and range goes up. The boats top out at 48-49mph (and not using their max hp ratings either). The monterey I think even hit 55. And they all float in shallower water than the 275 (except of course the searay 270 which had the same 22" draft). And if we loved the boat that much and were keeping it a long time, repowering is an option. We can't repower any of our jetboats (or even the competitions jetboats) so at some point, I have to wonder just how long a jetboat really lasts. I can't remember the last time I saw an LS2000, or Challenger, or Speedster, etc. But then what keeps pulling me back to the jets, is I do love the NEUTRAL handling. I would really really miss being able to spin in place. Overall though, having been jetboating now for 19 years, to me at least, an outboard is way more forward than backwards steps.

The irony though is I don't actually like the SeaRay's styling. My family likes it. I don't hate it, I won't call it ugly, but it doesn't excite me either. As we left the marina on sunday, there was only one Yamaha in the water, but there were 3 SDXs. Two of them were 290 OBs with TWIN OBs. Down at Boca Chita I saw another 290 with twin outboards.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No doubt, lots of great choices in this size and price range.
IMO if the shallow draft / no exposed prop of jet drive propulsion isn't a key factor, these boats might not be the best choice.
Also note the draft spec of any I/O or outboard under 3' is with the motors tilted up which is generally what happens after you've run aground!
I like a lot of what they've done with this 275, however the side profile is going to take a while to grow on me...

1550500506846.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stand by my "Maybe you're not the target audience" comment. At 9'-0" wide it's clearly not a trailer boat anymore, if you need or want to trailer your boat, move along this one doesn't work.

Same premise as fitting a boat in a garage. If that is a criteria and a boat doesn't meet it, move along. Doesn't make the design a fail. I could easily run the same set of arguments over the 21' boats about the tower not collapsing far enough, and it not fitting in my 8' opening garage door, and what the hell was Yamaha thinking, don't they know the average home garage is over 22' deep now? Clearly they have lost touch with their customers!.......Maybe, JUST MAYBE, they are reaching out to a different set of customers?

Lots of hate on this boat, and I don't get it. Just because you don't like it, or aren't going to buy it, doesn't make it a fail.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont get the hate either. It's fine to vent your dislikes on a public forum, but man, its as if Yamaha has cursed at the boating world.
It was designed in limited #'s and targeted at a particular audience. I think Yamaha knew that not everyone would be pleased at everything this boat offered.
My eyes are fine btw, and i do love the look of the windshield. I liked it in the pics, and i liked it in person even more. I know several boat owners and no one has ever expressed frustration that their vendor doesn't offer a model that fits in their garage. Its a niche group of folks that want to or need to store it in a garage and i can understand that, it is a neat feature.

Overall, there are a ton of boats I like and a ton i dislike due to features i find important and others i dont find important. But, at the end of the day, if i dont like something, I move on.

If this 27 footer was within my budget, i would have dropped a deposit on Friday. Let me tell you the temptation was there and we almost did it, but cooler heads prevailed and we walked away. Both my wife and I unanimously loved it. She as well as I, have lived in S.Fl. pretty much all our lives and at one time our families owned property in the keys and have had several boats between us. So we arent rookies when it comes to the boating world.

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the issue is that so much about this boat just doesn't make sense. Sure, it's their boat, their design, and you could say they are targetting a different customer.

I think the majority of the hate is because the boat for a lot of people is just totally ruined by the side profile and windshield and the over 8'6" doesn't help either.

Who exactly are they targetting? This forum has been dreaming about a 27'er for a long time now, and everybody on this forum has a TRAILERABLE boat!!! I don't recall anybody asking for a wider boat. I don't recall anybody saying please make sure the boat is harder to trailer. So are you saying yamaha specifically is aiming this boat at people not on this forum? Sure, you could reply that there are lot of people on this forum that while their boat is trailerable, that's not why they got it, they live on the water or they leave it in a marina, but I'd counter, that's the minority of owners and yet even though the boat is trailerable, and they didn't want that option, they still bought the boat!!!! Nothing usuaully wrong with having more capabilities than actually needed.

Why did they go over 8'6"? Did they really need to? The windshield, sure, that's pure opinion, and they did what they did. Is the only reason they went wider was to fit that center walk thru and their target demographic for this boat is old people that can't step up? But somehow they can climb into the boat from a dock and step on that little thing on the back?

Imagine if they'd kept it 8'6", no more floor level center walk thru, it's a half step up and slightly raised now, and the front side profile of the windshield now actually came down and lined up with the main windshield and the boat looked nicer. The extra width doesn't help with any seating and I'd bet nobody would really miss it either. I'd bet there'd be a lot less hate, and less nitpicking over the other stuff. I could ask the question, what customers would they be turning off if they'd just made those decisions instead? I'd bet every single person that currently does like this boat, the few that exist, would still like it.

As for the 21' boat with a tower that won't fold flat enough to fit inside a garage example, are you saying there's a large enough set of customers specifically looking for a tower that won't fold flat enough? Not folding low enough is somehow a plus that targets customers? So these customers, they don't garage their boats, but them knowing that the tower could fold flat and could be stored in a garage, that would turn them off and they wouldn't want the boat then? When the tower is up, it's still the same tower!!!

There's a difference between designing something for a specific customer (100% likes it) in a way that turns off other customers (100% hate), and then designing something that that SAME customer would still want (90-100% likes) and OTHER customers would want too (also 90% likes). And then, there's no way to put this nicely, there's just poor design.

You can argue that Yamaha designed this boat for a specific customer, I'm just saying I have no doubt they could have still designed this boat for those same customers and MANY MANY more.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh good god........just nevermind at this point.

No.....my example of the tower was merely to say that if you look at something that wasn't designed with you as the audience, you can poke holes in it easily and quickly.

I"M NOT ACTUALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TOWERS......it was an example, a metaphor, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm out.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the issue is that so much about this boat just doesn't make sense. Sure, it's their boat, their design, and you could say they are targetting a different customer.

I think the majority of the hate is because the boat for a lot of people is just totally ruined by the side profile and windshield and the over 8'6" doesn't help either.

Who exactly are they targetting? This forum has been dreaming about a 27'er for a long time now, and everybody on this forum has a TRAILERABLE boat!!! I don't recall anybody asking for a wider boat. I don't recall anybody saying please make sure the boat is harder to trailer. So are you saying yamaha specifically is aiming this boat at people not on this forum? Sure, you could reply that there are lot of people on this forum that while their boat is trailerable, that's not why they got it, they live on the water or they leave it in a marina, but I'd counter, that's the minority of owners and yet even though the boat is trailerable, and they didn't want that option, they still bought the boat!!!! Nothing usuaully wrong with having more capabilities than actually needed.

Why did they go over 8'6"? Did they really need to? The windshield, sure, that's pure opinion, and they did what they did. Is the only reason they went wider was to fit that center walk thru and their target demographic for this boat is old people that can't step up? But somehow they can climb into the boat from a dock and step on that little thing on the back?

Imagine if they'd kept it 8'6", no more floor level center walk thru, it's a half step up and slightly raised now, and the front side profile of the windshield now actually came down and lined up with the main windshield and the boat looked nicer. The extra width doesn't help with any seating and I'd bet nobody would really miss it either. I'd bet there'd be a lot less hate, and less nitpicking over the other stuff. I could ask the question, what customers would they be turning off if they'd just made those decisions instead? I'd bet every single person that currently does like this boat, the few that exist, would still like it.

As for the 21' boat with a tower that won't fold flat enough to fit inside a garage example, are you saying there's a large enough set of customers specifically looking for a tower that won't fold flat enough? Not folding low enough is somehow a plus that targets customers? So these customers, they don't garage their boats, but them knowing that the tower could fold flat and could be stored in a garage, that would turn them off and they wouldn't want the boat then? When the tower is up, it's still the same tower!!!

There's a difference between designing something for a specific customer (100% likes it) in a way that turns off other customers (100% hate), and then designing something that that SAME customer would still want (90-100% likes) and OTHER customers would want too (also 90% likes). And then, there's no way to put this nicely, there's just poor design.

You can argue that Yamaha designed this boat for a specific customer, I'm just saying I have no doubt they could have still designed this boat for those same customers and MANY MANY more.
I agree, that this is not the 27ft boat we all thought was was coming. It was bold and different in a lot of ways. It might be one of those tend setting designs that It'll be what everyone is after or imitating a few years from now. It'll interesting to see how the market receives it.

My 240 wasn't going to fit in my garage in terms of height or length... but I had the option to add covered RV parking on the side. I see lot of newer construction homes around here and the large majority of them have taller than 8 ft doors or a 3rd garage for an RV with a taller door. It's very much a trend and a wishlist item. I also preferred swivel reclining captain's passenger side chair offered by yamaha vs other brands like the Chapparal and their gimmicky convertible lounge. Suffice it to say, everybody has different tastes and different needs, it's a shame if Yamaha no longer has a model to fit your needs... there's still a scarab 255 to consider (the ace 300 engines sound like a solid package). Also a 28 ft Scarab set for release later this year. I'm also not so sure Yamaha doesn't have something up their sleeve in 2020.

Let's bag this thread and start a new speculation thread for upcoming models... :cool:

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The searay and fourwinns (the RS with the low profile windshield), 27'ers, 8'6" wide, height on trailer is 7'10" to top of windshield. My garage is actually 8'3", but I know more common is 8'. Lots of modern garages are extra deep too.

I just don't get that if you're going to spend the time to design a folding tower but not have it fold low enough to fit through an 8' door, than what other reasons are people lowering it for? At least here in Fl on modern construction, 8' is the norm I see.

1) Are there enough people with 9 or 10' doors that make it worth some type of simple lazy folding design for them? They just don't want to bother going all the way down for the even more common 8' height size? I know, at some point, you have to draw the line. I've seen 7' doors, but they don't seem as common and then the boat itself doesn't even fit anyways.
2) Bridges? I recall once I had to remove our tower at crystal river springs to get under the bridge at high tide and even then, it was very close. Am I lucky that I've made it under every other bridge with the tower up?
3) Trailering?

When they 1st came out with the towers, the number one complaint was they didn't lower at all. People wanted to lower them so they could fit them in the garage. And so people were just completely removing them by hand, me included. And so Yamaha's response is they introduced the ability to lower them, and now many years later we can still lower them but they don't lower as much and/or they've gotten so big and they no longer lower enough to fit inside the garage so we're back to the original problem? OK...... ????? ... And now they're so heavy and awkward, you can't even really remove by hand. What am I missing?

How often are those of you lowering your current large limited 240 tops/towers and why? I mean if you're lowering it cause you have a 10' door, that's awesome and great. Most people don't have that. What other reasons are you guys lowering them besides to fit in a garage?

I don't think it's an unreasonable request that they put a little more thought into the tops and try to get them to lower even more to fit through an 8' door. It can only lead to more sales.

I get that some of you want captain's chairs. Keep in mind, the rear lounger of the new 275 is the exact same type of convertible lounger that Searay and others now offer for the main captain's and/or passenger chairs. They're not gimmicky. If a company is going to insist it be a captains chair, at least make it so it rotates easily and truly integrates properly with the other seating when turned around and that one can still open the head compartment. Is that unreasonable to ask?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am also disappointed with the poor engine access. some middle floor hatch or other mechanism should be made available . That's just mean, the engine is too cramped.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The searay and fourwinns (the RS with the low profile windshield), 27'ers, 8'6" wide, height on trailer is 7'10" to top of windshield. My garage is actually 8'3", but I know more common is 8'. Lots of modern garages are extra deep too.

I just don't get that if you're going to spend the time to design a folding tower but not have it fold low enough to fit through an 8' door, than what other reasons are people lowering it for? At least here in Fl on modern construction, 8' is the norm I see.

1) Are there enough people with 9 or 10' doors that make it worth some type of simple lazy folding design for them? They just don't want to bother going all the way down for the even more common 8' height size? I know, at some point, you have to draw the line. I've seen 7' doors, but they don't seem as common and then the boat itself doesn't even fit anyways.
2) Bridges? I recall once I had to remove our tower at crystal river springs to get under the bridge at high tide and even then, it was very close. Am I lucky that I've made it under every other bridge with the tower up?
3) Trailering?

When they 1st came out with the towers, the number one complaint was they didn't lower at all. People wanted to lower them so they could fit them in the garage. And so people were just completely removing them by hand, me included. And so Yamaha's response is they introduced the ability to lower them, and now many years later we can still lower them but they don't lower as much and/or they've gotten so big and they no longer lower enough to fit inside the garage so we're back to the original problem? OK...... ????? ... And now they're so heavy and awkward, you can't even really remove by hand. What am I missing?

How often are those of you lowering your current large limited 240 tops/towers and why? I mean if you're lowering it cause you have a 10' door, that's awesome and great. Most people don't have that. What other reasons are you guys lowering them besides to fit in a garage?

I don't think it's an unreasonable request that they put a little more thought into the tops and try to get them to lower even more to fit through an 8' door. It can only lead to more sales.

I get that some of you want captain's chairs. Keep in mind, the rear lounger of the new 275 is the exact same type of convertible lounger that Searay and others now offer for the main captain's and/or passenger chairs. They're not gimmicky. If a company is going to insist it be a captains chair, at least make it so it rotates easily and truly integrates properly with the other seating when turned around and that one can still open the head compartment. Is that unreasonable to ask?
I'm going to guess they offered a folding tower primary for bridge clearance and for Yacht owners buying it as a tender. This boat is not aimed at the trailer boat market, but at the back yard boat lift and yacht tender market (in my opinion) - both of which often have low bridges to get to main water ways.