• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 concerns

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only issue I've had with mine is gel coat cracking. Seems most manufacturers have some sort of gel coat cracking these days. It sucks but gel coat is an easy repair. Boat runs great and starts with the flick of the key.
Yes, the engines are amazing.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@McMark You sayin' that your engine hatch foam hasn't fallen, or that you don't consider that to be an issue?

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So @Jay Petzold what do you think of your boat so far?
Finally picked up on Saturday went in the water for about a half hour (45 degrees isn't that fun) I love it so far, putting in a second bilge this weekend before it goes to the slip, should be more like 75 degrees this weekend so hopefully I'll have a lot more time to get to play around with it, the steering and duel throttles is the biggest thing for me to get use to, but seemed to be getting the hang of it when I had it out

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@McMark You sayin' that your engine hatch foam hasn't fallen, or that you don't consider that to be an issue?
Oh yes, it fell in just a couple hours. So far holding tight with 3M spray adhesive. I'm so used to having to fix just about anything that I buy that these little nagging boat things like screws loosening seem trivial.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May not be an AR240 but just this weekend alone I had a bow filler cushion snap in half, piping in a front seats seem came out, grab rail came completely off one of the screws inside the grab rail the you screw the boat on to actually striped out which made for an interesting repair and the latch the holds the ladder up broke ugh. All repairs done already except the piping that came from the seem in the front seat I'm assuming there is no repairing it.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ouch, that's a rough weekend! At least you got most of it back together.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe this is normal??? Industry standard??? Maybe.???

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just remember "boat" bust out another thousand

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe this is normal??? Industry standard??? Maybe.???
I don't think it the standard all these features on my 20 year old Hurricane deck boat are still original are still original. I do need to do something with the Hurricane I guess its been just sitting in storage for almost a year now might be time to say good bye to old faithful.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those ladder latches SUCK....I just replaced one 2 years ago and it broke again 3 weeks ago....replaced with the ball bungee that most recommend....done with those rubber pull latches.
My son asked me how to pull the ladder down told him he can just jump on the swim platform

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those ladder latches SUCK....I just replaced one 2 years ago and it broke again 3 weeks ago....replaced with the ball bungee that most recommend....done with those rubber pull latches.
I did something very similar just no ball I used paracord from west marine. I tied a knot in front of and behind the little slot you slide the cord through so it wont slide out and left just enough of a loop to get around the small knob on the ladder.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also unfolded the Bimini top for the first time, wondering how to fold it back up nicely

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Matco tools versapower jump pack its only about 8x3 inches any I always throw it on the boat before I go out, saved my ass last year when my battery died on the water
@Jay Petzold - I do the same thing. My wife bought a few of those things right before Christmas and one is designated for every time we go out. Sh*t happens - according to Forest Gump.

To help from ever having to use it I always kill the start battery as soon as we stop somewhere. I don't mind running down the House battery - just not the Start battery. Another mitigation is the Emergency Series switch on these boats.

( I also have a final Fourth backup - A kid with an oar!!)

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So a few questions, first off I love my new boat, but there are plugs everywhere, floor locker and two when you first look Down in engine compartment, should these be open or closed, next where is the fm radio antenna I'm getting really bad reception, had to connect a speaker that was left unplugged hoping this is the same situation, lastly when I'm cruising at about 30 (don't want to go faster till after the engines are broken in) hear a static noise coming from the dash and its not coming from the stereo, any thoughts?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Jay Petzold - I always keep those plugs closed. They are only opened when I'm at home cleaning/ flushing out the boat.
As for the FM antenna look behind the console for a thin white cord. Mine was attached (from the inside) to that white "disk" that is just in front of the window.
As for the static noise I've never experienced anything like that, but I want to say there's a thread on here about that.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks I'll check that antenna wire tomarrow the static sound is very faint but still bothers me

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had that static noise once when my boat was brand new. It sounded like it was coming from one of the tachometers. It went away on its own. My FM reception sucks too. @Jay Petzold let us know if you find something wrong with your antenna hook up... I don't want to squeeze into the helm compartment unless it's absolutely necessary.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So a few questions, first off I love my new boat, but there are plugs everywhere, floor locker and two when you first look Down in engine compartment, should these be open or closed, next where is the fm radio antenna I'm getting really bad reception, had to connect a speaker that was left unplugged hoping this is the same situation, lastly when I'm cruising at about 30 (don't want to go faster till after the engines are broken in) hear a static noise coming from the dash and its not coming from the stereo, any thoughts?
I keep all inboard plugs open so that any water can get back to the bilge and be pumped out.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL - help me out with this sytstem. I thought that the water that drains from the wet locker (mid ship) only drained into the haul of the boat. The one from the fuel cell drains into the engine compartment and the engine compartment drains into the haul.
But the only bilge was the one in the engine compartment. So basically keep the fuel cell drain open and the engine compartment closed so that the bilge pump can do its job.

Am I right?