• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 concerns

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes they tried to adjust throttle however, it did not work so they replaced the entire throttle housing under warranty. I sync the engines and adjust the rpm up and down at cruise and trolling with the buttons on the control stick. It's like cruise control for your boat. I think it's the best feature.

DaytonGator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had spider cracks around the pumps where the bolts looked like they were over to eked but no leaks yamaha took care of all of it and I used it very hard this summer I feel and it was great we were very happy with it. I would purchase with confidence
@jwells I have cracks around my pumps as well...2015 AR240 with <15hrs. How long did it take your dealer to repair? Any concerns or issues with letting them pull the pumps?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jay Petzold Just replying about the voltage readings on the conext screen. It displays 2 voltages one for the house battery and one for the starting battery. The problem is it only shows the voltage from the aux battery and NOT the starting bettery like it should. I called Yamaha and they said bring it to the dealer. Dealer told me Yamaha knows about this problem and had no plans on fixing the issue. I have a few attorneys in the family and they are looking at legal action. Not to be an A-hole but just to get this fixed. They are looking at this as a safety issue that could possibly leave someone stranded on the water. The way it is now if your starting battery fails for some reason you wont know it until its too late.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Matco tools versapower jump pack its only about 8x3 inches any I always throw it on the boat before I go out, saved my ass last year when my battery died on the water

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Matco tools versapower jump pack its only about 8x3 inches any I always throw it on the boat before I go out, saved my ass last year when my battery died on the water
Wow! Your battery died while out on the water and you needed to use a jump pack?!? @Jay Petzold do you think that should have happened?

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It wasn't in a yamaha ( I won't have my ar 240 for another month or so) I had a 20 year old Larson, the belt broke on the motor and I didn't realize it, so it wasn't charging it

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jwells I have cracks around my pumps as well...2015 AR240 with <15hrs. How long did it take your dealer to repair? Any concerns or issues with letting them pull the pumps?
They said pulling pumps was pretty easy and the repair looks good on mine I'm just not sure if it will ever be a problem or if it won't come back. I looked at the 2016 and 3 of those ready fr the boat show had them.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They said pulling pumps was pretty easy and the repair looks good on mine I'm just not sure if it will ever be a problem or if it won't come back. I looked at the 2016 and 3 of those ready fr the boat show had them.
It didn't take long once they got it approved I'd say the whole thing took 4 weeks but my dealer doesn't sell a lot of boats so they were nto to busy. They outsourced the fiberglass work

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had some slippage in my port throttle lever, and about a third of an inch of misalignment between the starboard/port levers. The dealer showed me how to adjust it. It seems pretty easy. Two screws for each throttle lever. One for friction and one for alignment. All that said, I can't remember which one does what.:wideyed:
@Mauimike, what do you mean by "up down clicking"? My levers don't click other than the indexing that moves the gates up/down from revers/neutral/forward.
@MrMoose is the friction screw supposed to make the throttles easier to push if loosened? My throttles are extremely stiff compared to my other boat. It has brand new throttle cables and I'm wondering of the over tightened that screw on install if that's the case.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose is the friction screw supposed to make the throttles easier to push if loosened? My throttles are extremely stiff compared to my other boat. It has brand new throttle cables and I'm wondering of the over tightened that screw on install if that's the case.
@robert843, it wouldn't hurt to loosen the friction screws to see if it helps. Turning them "in" increases friction and turning them "out" decreases friction. On my boat, the friction screws are located behind a cap on the back side (closest to the stern) of the lever base.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Britboater Can you investigate whether your Connext is giving you accurate battery voltage readings?
Nope, display useless. Aux battery completely flat, didn't even indicate any voltage drop, not happy :mad:

image.jpeg

You enquired @subysti if Yamaha had fixed the voltage display with the 2016 boats, the answer is no, it's another black mark in my book and the list is getting bigger :(.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing this @Britboater ... many folks prefer to stick their heads in the sand when it comes to these types of details. Sometimes I wonder if pride of ownership masks reality.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have had a number of issues on a 2015. If Yamaha is supposed to be the highest of quality i dread ever buying a lesser brand.
*Buy lock tight and go over the entire boat with it. In under 10 hours my shower door basically fell off all of the screws came loose and many of the seats also.
*buy 3m adhesive to fix the engine liner once it fails out
*shower broke
*connext screen cracked by itself
*tower is hard to raise and lower - regals are all power towers in this size boat.
*very hard to steer while going slow - fins helped but not enough.
*seats are very hard to adjust via the lever underneath
*throttles are always out of sync even after dealer adjusted them
*drain plug still has metal shaving falling out after 1 yr of use.
*flush ports in the worst location
*paint all flaked off on tower and intake grates.
*trailer had many issues. Had to buy new wheels and tires myself, brakes were never filled with brake fluid, fender bolts have fallen out many time and the fender chrome has cracked on both sides twice.
*very rough ride offshore for this size boat.

I know i am forgetting some things but you get the gist i hope. Yes it is a stylish boat and the twin engines work fine but i am not impressed at all with the build quality and the service repair options i have locally. I am glad i got 4 extra years of warranty for sure.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@john94si , that's quite a list. Other than the handling characteristics, did you get it all fixed under warranty? Regarding handling, I don't have any fins, and I'm happy with how mine handles. The only thing that is really wierd with the handling is that the boat really doesn't steer in reverse.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes fixed under warranty mostly. For trailer issues they kept trying to say that's shorelanders problem.. to call them.

reverse goes which ever way it wants to ..

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's to an extended warranty

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So @Jay Petzold what do you think of your boat so far?

@Britboater - Am I missing something in that photo? You say boat didn't indicate any voltage drop, and it looks to me like there is a window in the bottom saying "Low/High Main Battery Voltage" and it shows the voltage of both as 6.8 and 6.9....which would be crazy low...????

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So @Jay Petzold what do you think of your boat so far?

@Britboater - Am I missing something in that photo? You say boat didn't indicate any voltage drop, and it looks to me like there is a window in the bottom saying "Low/High Main Battery Voltage" and it shows the voltage of both as 6.8 and 6.9....which would be crazy low...????
Exactly, with both battery switches on the voltage is identical but I was messing around because I thought my house battery was not being charged. When I turned my stater battery off that's what I found.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Exactly, with both battery switches on the voltage is identical but I was messing around because I thought my house battery was not being charged. When I turned my stater battery off that's what I found.
AH....so that is what the display shows with the starter batter OFF, and the AUX Battery ON? That is even more perplexing! My first thought is...perhaps the AUX battery is dead...but that can't be as the screen wouldn't come on if it was! I'm hoping they got this fixed in the E-Series boats as the website claims:

When anchored, Connext automatically goes into “float mode,” displaying pertinent information such as voltage meter and water depth. If the system detects low battery voltage, an audible alarm will sound telling the driver to start the engines to recharge the battery.

But that just sounds like Connext marketing info...not E-Series specific....one can hope.... :)

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only issue I've had with mine is gel coat cracking. Seems most manufacturers have some sort of gel coat cracking these days. It sucks but gel coat is an easy repair. Boat runs great and starts with the flick of the key.