• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Assist me and Yamaha in understanding

How often do you remove the front bow cushion?

• Total voters

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
242-limited-e-gray_bow-configuration_rev1_02.jpg
Perhaps I am missing something here so help me understand the configurable bow seating. Do you guys remove that front cushion? How often do you change it? Where do you store the cushion when removed?

I view it as a marketing mistake as it cuts down on underseat storage. My 2008 212X has SIGNIFANTLY more storage than the 2017 212X. For this reason I will probably not be upgrading. I just can't afford to buy a trailer to pull behind the boat to haul our stuff.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My kids like it out but it sucks up valuable storage space. I don't think they would care if it was gone. I was hoping they would remove the legroom there too.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did not vote have only had the boat out a couple of times (lot of bad weather ) thought the kid's would like to sit up there facing forward but they did not care for it. We were in a lake maybe river will be different we will see.

I keep all the spare cushions in the head compartment

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was a good idea but after trying it once or twice we only take those cushions out when we do a deep cleaning of the entire boat. The area is not big or deep enough for an adult to put their feet and legs in there comfortably. I've also taken the step of removing the flip up Cushions that are strapped to the main cushions to recover some of the storage space. The flip up cushions are now permanently stored in the garage.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ours have never moved. The other bow filler cushions for the most part live in the head compartment....sometimes the kids ask us to put them in when they what to be separated from the adults.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
The spot underneath is where we put all the flippy floppies. Works perfect and they don't blow out. Kids take the cushions out sometimes but very rare.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We too put shoes under those cushions. I only remove them to clean. And, I also removed the flip up bolsters that are screwed to the second bow cushion as we didn't use the seat that way. I carried the bow filler cushions for a trip or two in the head compartment. But having two, and being so big, along with the bow side seats being so much bigger, I removed them from the boat and wrapped them and store them in the barn on a shelf. Just not practical to carry...in the first trip one got torn and had to be replaced. Phil Dill told me it was a regular occurrence.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put my dock lines there, or sometimes shoes/flips. I agree space would be better used an extension of the locker aft of it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@buckbuck we like it. The fold-able middle cushion can be used either as it is in the pic, or placed flat down in the middle. That way you can have three-four teens sitting in the bow, feet down, with front view. Sometimes they like it.

we have been using helm storage for all the cushions, wrap them in a towel to protect from fg shards, will need to figure some thing out about it long term.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My son removes them once in awhile. Storing them are a pain.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only have removed the front seats over the foot hole for cleaning under it.

My kid does not know he can remove and put his feet there. So far.

It is a good place for people to put there flip flops out of the wind, under the front, side open seat. So we kinda use it as storage.

Also we removed the flip up bolster, beckrest/armrest. The ar240 has 3 cushions up front., bolster took up too much storage space and make seat cushion awkward when removing. Bolster stored in garage.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hum I've always left them out from day 1 for more walking/standing around space when docking, but now I'm thinking I'll put them back in without telling anyone ahead of time and see what the crew thinks.
We keep the larger fill cushions in the head and use them often for across the bow seating (3 or 4 facing forward) or laying in the sun.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shoe storage and also a great place to keep a couple of lines for quick access. Other than that...

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep in mind that hinged seats forced a complete redesign. You will need and extra removable cushion no matter what.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes but the extra storage would be worth it to me. I kind of view those convertible seats like a whirlpool tub. Cool when you shop for a house but in reality they don't get used much.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I dont think mine have ever been in place, since the purchasing Demo.

I wonder where they are? 🤷‍♂️

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are always in, I don;t think I ever remove them other than when I'm cleaning the boat.
The kids/youth/dogs etc. love to "nest" there, in the bow. They are always there.

1583461531874.png

1583461304840.png

1583461401267.png

1583461339587.png

--

Attachments