• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is through AirBnB, and I just checked - still reserved. Did they give a reason?
Yeah said it was trashed by renters so bad that it unrentable for the rest of the summer. I think due to the power issue because we called and asked them about the power issues and they stated it had full power all the time.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah said it was trashed by renters so bad that it unrentable for the rest of the summer. I think due to the power issue because we called and asked them about the power issues and they stated it had full power all the time.
the day is getting closer, wish you can get an alternate one, no one left behind !

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jaburt, I am sure a condo can be found if you want one. Reach out if you need help.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was honestly so surprised by the comment I was speechless. Unfortunately when I explain things like "Type 1" flotation and all the marine terms, she looked at me like I was talking a foreign language. She is a boat owner. PLUS I was thinking "This trip is like 10 days away and you say this NOW?"

Now my wife is feeling squeamish about the crossing.

I am extremely confident I have everything covered but there is no convincing them! UGH!
Please let us know how it goes, I am a new boater planning this same trip for 2020. I can tell my family isn't as excited as I am.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was this released by someone or are you familiar with the area?

Familiar with the area. However, I was under the impression she was on the opposite side from the pigs, where the sport fishing boats from nassau tend to chum. Now they are reporting she was swimming with the pigs. So I don't know if it was a mistaken identity that turned into a feeding frenzy or what.

LayneG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was extremely flat coming back last Sunday and our group was able to move on pretty fast. 2 hours and 20 minutes from the dock of Resort World to the dock at Bahia Mar.

The trip there was not so nice...

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looking at the weather forecast this morning, July 8 morning will be a great day to cross, wind, wave, not flat but getting smooth when out from FLL, .....the weather just like women-change all the time, but wish and pray !

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
less than a week to go, running everything through my head 1000x

I am useless at work ;)

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone know how or where we slip to clear customs? is it as simple as pulling in to Big Game club paying for a transient slip and walking over to Customs to clear?

also, Im staying in the Canal and have plans to tour the north island. any marina suggestions to slip for the day?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, dock at BGC with yellow quarantine flag, leave all crew in boat, and begin customs then immigration - all walking distance. There's a video by Out On the Reef that shows the process.

I think the majority of us are staying on North Bimini.

Anyone know how or where we slip to clear customs? is it as simple as pulling in to Big Game club paying for a transient slip and walking over to Customs to clear?

also, Im staying in the Canal and have plans to tour the north island. any marina suggestions to slip for the day?

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone already rented a golf cart for the week? I called a few places and rental was $90 a day for 4 seater and $110 per day for 6 seater. I paid $75 cash for a 6 seater for a day in 17 I was thinking I may get a better deal once I get there paying with cash?

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Has anyone already rented a golf cart for the week? I called a few places and rental was $90 a day for 4 seater and $110 per day for 6 seater. I paid $75 cash for a 6 seater for a day in 17 I was thinking I may get a better deal once I get there paying with cash?
Look for "Sluggo" near the Resort World Ferry/ pier. We ended up paying $20 for 1/2 day for a 4 seater. Everyone else tried to scam us the $110 for the day in 2018.

Last edited:

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Look for "Sluggo" near the Resort World Ferry/ pier. We ended up paying $20 for 1/2 day for a 2 seater. Everyone else tried to scam us the $110 for the day in 2018.
EC8921B4-4F2E-4061-A5F8-936848780F8B.png

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SkiSafe Insurance now covers Bahamas for up to 30 days:

Navigational Limits: Inland and coastwise waters of the United States and Canada including the territorial waters of the Bahamas for a maximum of 30 consecutive days.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I dont plan to stay on land enough to need a cart ;)

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
leaving 0500 tomorrow, wish all good and see you guys sunday night !