• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I heard an interesting perspective on the masks. Something like 60-70% of transmission occurs when someone touches an infected surface, then touches their face around the nose and mouth. We touch our faces like 1000 times per day on average. The mask prevents you from touching your face near the nose or mouth. Seemed to make sense.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I heard an interesting perspective on the masks. Something like 60-70% of transmission occurs when someone touches an infected surface, then touches their face around the nose and mouth. We touch our faces like 1000 times per day on average. The mask prevents you from touching your face near the nose or mouth. Seemed to make sense.
Would make better sense to were a helmet or mask and goggles or help to make @Liveto99 rich. Your eyes are just as susceptible.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spotted this at Wal-Mart yesterday. It's supposed to be for when you're showing your parental support for your darling offspring's sporting endeavors and the weather is sub-optimal.

Wondering if I should stop and get one on the way to Solo and Ensemble today. Might look weird sitting in a classroom inside one of these things.....
1582987770293.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yesterday was the first time that I can remember that Costco ran out of water and toilet paper, people were buying these by the cart full.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Spotted this at Wal-Mart yesterday. It's supposed to be for when you're showing your parental support for your darling offspring's sporting endeavors and the weather is sub-optimal.

Wondering if I should stop and get one on the way to Solo and Ensemble today. Might look weird sitting in a classroom inside one of these things.....
View attachment 112541
That would be hilarious to sit at a conference in! LOL

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Golfed with a guy with IBM yesterday. He was telling me that IBM pulled out of some big conference in Vegas due to this virus. Said they wanted to get a jump on it now and exercise their exhibitor insurance before the exhibitor insurance companies go bankrupt! My company is one of the title sponsors for a big conference 3rd week of March. It will be interesting to see if that conference gets cancelled.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
2 confirmed cases here in Florida. One in Tampa. It's here now. Not good.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Next week is the huge HIMSS conference in Orlando....I'm not going to be there, but my Israeli team members are already asking me "Hey....our government has said not to travel to international conferences....do I go?" My reply as our company hasn't halted travel (yet): "Your call....if you aren't comfortable going....don't go"

I'm not sure how we will have enough staff to operate our massive booth......but we'll see.

Whats funny is it is a HEALTHCARE conference.....with 45,000 attendees.....

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It arrived in manhattan yesterday. It would be disastrous if this thing gets out in the subways. I'm prepared to work from home if it starts getting crazy.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love that we have to tell people to wash their hands... in the middle of flu season no less...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love that we have to tell people to wash their hands... in the middle of flu season no less...
I have a (REALLY SMART) employee who refuses to wash his hands. He actually says that he believes it helps his immune system not to! Even after a close coworkers was in chemo and had a compromised immune system and everyone was asked to stay home if they were in any way worried they might be sick (when said employee came it). It stuns me even now that this smart (architect) to this day doesn't wash his hands..... he is one of the reasons this sort of thing will always spread!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a (REALLY SMART) employee who refuses to wash his hands. He actually says that he believes it helps his immune system not to! Even after a close coworkers was in chemo and had a compromised immune system and everyone was asked to stay home if they were in any way worried they might be sick (when said employee came it). It stuns me even now that this smart (architect) to this day doesn't wash his hands..... he is one of the reasons this sort of thing will always spread!
I think the word you are looking for is selfish. Not smart. He only cares about "his" immune system. It truly makes me sad. I'm a lung and critical care doctor and see so many people terribly sick from flu and other viral diseases. :(

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I watched a dude at the gym today on a treadmill. Had his hands all over the bars and controls, then proceeded to eat an apple while walking on the treadmill. After he was done he licked all of his fingers. I was in awe..... I go to the gym about 5 days a week and even though they clean the crap out of that stuff, I still keep my hands away from my face until I can wash them in the locker room.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I watched a dude at the gym today on a treadmill. Had his hands all over the bars and controls, then proceeded to eat an apple while walking on the treadmill. After he was done he licked all of his fingers. I was in awe..... I go to the gym about 5 days a week and even though they clean the crap out of that stuff, I still keep my hands away from my face until I can wash them in the locker room.
F

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The large international company I work for has more or less cancelled all training and internal meetings with more than 5 people. Banned travel to Asia and Europe except for emergencies. Endtimes? Sometimes I wonder if we’d be better off. Every one of these “catastrophes“ we invent causes bigger and bigger responses. Nobody wants to do anything but be saved anymore.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The large international company I work for has more or less cancelled all training and internal meetings with more than 5 people. Banned travel to Asia and Europe except for emergencies. Endtimes? Sometimes I wonder if we’d be better off. Every one of these “catastrophes“ we invent causes bigger and bigger responses. Nobody wants to do anything but be saved anymore.
My company has suspended all international travel. We have offices in Italy.

Not end times, its just gonna suck for awhile... For all our amazing achievements, humans are simple creatures sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.