• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Until a week ago my mother in law ( who leaves in South Korea) was worried if we have enough food, but now it has been a couple of days that she asked my wife not to leave the house for fear of retribution due to my wife being Asian.
I do not see any our neighbors trying to lynch us or anything remotely close to it, but I figured ask you guy/gals if this is fake news Korean style!!!
Have you see or feel any animosity towards the Asian community ? I don't meant that people are not comfortable staying within 6 feet of an asians, I mean like contemplating violence. And if you are comfortable writing it here, by all mean feel free to drop me PM. I am just curious and woud like another perspective besides mine.
I would tell you I've not seen or heard anything in person and don't get that "vibe" around DFW and being from the redneck/longneck piney woods of East Texas not heard anything from the Houston area either.

My coworker and his wife are native Chinese and my neighbors are barely speak any English Korean. Neither of them have told me about having any issues.

Now that being said there are always stupid people everywhere, after 911 in S. Ft Worth an idiot went to a gas station and killed Sikh thinking he was Arab (some of us are lacking in our cultural awareness). In Midland last week an idiot stabbed a "Asian" family, luckily there was someone there to subdue/disarm him until an officer arrived. a side not, it was Jose Gomez who stabbed and Zack Owen intervened.

I would think if it was happening more frequently the news would be all over for the shock headlines. Maybe this is like the apartment building in Wuhan that they welded the doors shut, now that's the picture we have of quarantine Chinese style.

I would tell Clare to just be aware of her surrounding and if she has a bad feeling about something to listen to it and find a safe place but I'm also the guy who isn't going to South Dallas.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do any of you recall the media footage of China spraying streets and waterways? That is kind of scary in retrospect .......is this in store for us?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I remember seeing the footage of them spraying streets, sidewalks, buildings and doors. Who knows what that stuff was. Also remember seeing them board up doors to people's apartments. Gotta love oppressive regimes.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bahamas going into a one week total lock down.....

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow. Coming up a bit short but had the desired effect. Panic the masses.

Yeah. That's kind of the point. PS, next time you grab something from crazynews.com, make sure you get the full context. Prediction was based on the "If we do nothing" approach.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What are your thoughts on this advice ?

Symptoms covid -19
Good advice from a respiratory therapist! CORONA Common Sense Since they are calling on Respiratory therapist to help fight the Corona virus, and I am a retired one, too old to work in a hospital setting. I'm gonna share some common sense wisdom with those that have the virus and trying to stay home. If my advice is followed as given you will improve your chances of not ending up in the hospital on a ventilator. This applies to the otherwise generally healthy population, so use discretion.
1. Only high temperatures kill a virus, so let your fever run high. Tylenol, Advil. Motrin, Ibuprofen etc. will bring your fever down allowing the virus to live longer. They are saying that ibuprophen, advil etc will actually exacerbate the virus. Use common sense and don't let fever go over 103 or 104 if you got the guts. If it gets higher than that take your tylenol, not ibuprophen or advil to keep it regulated. It helps to keep house warm and cover up with blankets so body does not have to work so hard to generate the heat. It usually takes about 3 days of this to break the fever.​
2. The body is going to dehydrate with the elevated temperature so you must rehydrate yourself regulaly, whether you like it or not. Gatorade with real sugar, or pedialyte with real sugar for kids, works well. Why the sugar? Sugar will give your body back the energy it is using up to create the fever. The electrolytes and fluid you are losing will also be replenished by the Gatorade. If you don't do this and end up in the hospital they will start an IV and give you D5W (sugar water) and Normal Saline to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade is much cheaper, pain free, and comes in an assortment of flavors​
3. You must keep your lungs moist. Best done by taking long steamy showers on a regular basis, if your wheezing or congested use a real minty toothpaste and brush your teeth while taking the steamy shower and deep breath through your mouth. This will provide some bronchial dialation and help loosen the phlegm. Force your self to cough into a wet wash cloth pressed firmly over your mouth and nose, which will cause greater pressure in your lungs forcing them to expand more and break loose more of the congestion.​
4. Eat healthy and regularly. Gotta keep your strength up.​
5. Once the fever breaks, start moving around to get the body back in shape and blood circulating.​
6. Deep breath on a regular basis, even when it hurts. If you don't it becomes easy to develope pneumonia. Pursed lip breathing really helps. That's breathing in deep and slow then exhaling through tight lips as if your blowing out a candle, blow until you have completely emptied your lungs and you will be able to breath in an even deeper breath. This helps keep lungs expanded as well as increase your oxygen level.​
7. Remember that every medication you take is merely relieving the symptoms, not making you well.​
8. If your still dying go to ER.​

I've been doing these things for myself and my family for over 40 years and kept them out of the hospital, all are healthy and still living today. Thank you all for sharing. We gotta help one another. Copy and paste this to share it!

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No doctor here, but I have read enough over the last week to believe that viruses are not really alive. They are just an information ticket that invades our chemical being and provides some bad messages across our systems, causing our own body to replicate that instruction and gum up the works at the same time. The Virus "uses" us to replicate, but it's a thing, it doesn't eat or replicate or die. We just receive the bad message, and like a hacked factory start duplicating them.

There is some debate on whether a virus is "alive" my impression is that viruses are things, and are DEAD. They must be destroyed to stop their effect, they can't be killed, like a coin can't be killed. They do decompose/crumble on their own after some time, but they didn't "die" I don't think.

Fevers are very complex and cause our cells to react and may help kill some bacteria that is indeed "alive", but Viruses need to be disintegrated/destroyed for their harm to end, so I'm not a big fan of the fever explanation killing the virus, I don't think that's how it works.

I have a hunch what I stated above is true, but the only warranty is a money back guarantee. 100% of your cost for this info will be refunded if I'm wrong. (Hint, you paid nothing for it, don't trust it without verifying it.)

There are some great minds in this board with good knowledge on this topic, Others will be able to offer good educated thoughts, as opposed to my recently formed opinion from Internet Education.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are your thoughts on this advise ?
Symptoms covid -19
Good advice from a respiratory therapist!
That's common sense for any respiratory illness. I think the key points are Acetaminophen to knock down fever, hydrate and eat even if you don't feel like it, cough out phlegm gently don't swallow it, get your body moving when you start to feel better to help with recovery.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This I learned recently about recently. I saw it on April's fools so I thought it might be a trick, but it seems legit after some research.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I read today where 4,000 serious ill patients in NY were given the anti-malaria and zpack combo. Should be a couple of weeks or by summer to see how the trials went and to determine if the drugs really do help. We will see.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah. That's kind of the point. PS, next time you grab something from crazynews.com, make sure you get the full context. Prediction was based on the "If we do nothing" approach.
That’s certainly a stretch but believe the WHO and CDC and keep listening to MSM and we’ll be in a depression in no time.

I’ll be sure to check RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA news next time.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
QUOTE="Patriot, post: 432667, member: 1653"]
That’s certainly a stretch but believe the WHO and CDC and keep listening to MSM and we’ll be in a depression in no time.

I’ll be sure to check RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA news next time.
[/QUOTE]
Lol, yeah, the whole world’s just engaged in a massive conspiracy.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are your thoughts on this advise ?

Symptoms covid -19
Good advice from a respiratory therapist! CORONA Common Sense Since they are calling on Respiratory therapist to help fight the Corona virus, and I am a retired one, too old to work in a hospital setting. I'm gonna share some common sense wisdom with those that have the virus and trying to stay home. If my advice is followed as given you will improve your chances of not ending up in the hospital on a ventilator. This applies to the otherwise generally healthy population, so use discretion.
1. Only high temperatures kill a virus, so let your fever run high. Tylenol, Advil. Motrin, Ibuprofen etc. will bring your fever down allowing the virus to live longer. They are saying that ibuprophen, advil etc will actually exacerbate the virus. Use common sense and don't let fever go over 103 or 104 if you got the guts. If it gets higher than that take your tylenol, not ibuprophen or advil to keep it regulated. It helps to keep house warm and cover up with blankets so body does not have to work so hard to generate the heat. It usually takes about 3 days of this to break the fever.​
2. The body is going to dehydrate with the elevated temperature so you must rehydrate yourself regulaly, whether you like it or not. Gatorade with real sugar, or pedialyte with real sugar for kids, works well. Why the sugar? Sugar will give your body back the energy it is using up to create the fever. The electrolytes and fluid you are losing will also be replenished by the Gatorade. If you don't do this and end up in the hospital they will start an IV and give you D5W (sugar water) and Normal Saline to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade is much cheaper, pain free, and comes in an assortment of flavors​
3. You must keep your lungs moist. Best done by taking long steamy showers on a regular basis, if your wheezing or congested use a real minty toothpaste and brush your teeth while taking the steamy shower and deep breath through your mouth. This will provide some bronchial dialation and help loosen the phlegm. Force your self to cough into a wet wash cloth pressed firmly over your mouth and nose, which will cause greater pressure in your lungs forcing them to expand more and break loose more of the congestion.​
4. Eat healthy and regularly. Gotta keep your strength up.​
5. Once the fever breaks, start moving around to get the body back in shape and blood circulating.​
6. Deep breath on a regular basis, even when it hurts. If you don't it becomes easy to develope pneumonia. Pursed lip breathing really helps. That's breathing in deep and slow then exhaling through tight lips as if your blowing out a candle, blow until you have completely emptied your lungs and you will be able to breath in an even deeper breath. This helps keep lungs expanded as well as increase your oxygen level.​
7. Remember that every medication you take is merely relieving the symptoms, not making you well.​
8. If your still dying go to ER.​

I've been doing these things for myself and my family for over 40 years and kept them out of the hospital, all are healthy and still living today. Thank you all for sharing. We gotta help one another. Copy and paste this to share it!
Good stuff!
It reminded me of the ancient art of heat cupping therapy!
No one ever heard of it here until the Olympics few years ago when Michael Phelps and the entire American team were featuring those cupping marks on their backs. But it's supposed to be amazing for fighting respiratory distress as well.
I remember as a kid watching it being done to my grandfather who was a military man and never took any drugs.Those were glass cups they used - fired with alcohol, 192-proof "Spirytus"! It looked pretty barbaric, LOL, but apparently worked quite well, my grandfather lived through two world wars including several military campaigns, and I don't think he was ever hospitalized.

--

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Any office fans out there? I can hear this conversation!

E477C1C5-3710-482C-B253-CF046DF95645.jpeg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Beachbummer your understanding agrees with mine.

This is a good article describing how viruses function.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any office fans out there? I can hear this conversation!

View attachment 115359
Believe it or not I had never watched The Office until about a month ago. Since then I have binged watched all 9 seasons. It's a great show and I can relate to many of the characters to the fools I work with :D

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can we get something settled right freakin now????? Did Carole feed her husband to the Tigers or what?!!! I say 'F' yeah she did that psycho B#$@^!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can we get something settled right freakin now????? Did Carole feed her husband to the Tigers or what?!!! I say 'F' yeah she did that psycho B#$@^!
Definitely! Read last night that ID (?) was going to make a sequel and it's all about Carol and her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.