• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas <tank not filling and spits back>

Otiv

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone else had issues when trying to put gas into the Yamaha FSH 210? It keeps spitting the gas back and I can't get it to fill.

I had this issue at one marina I went to, most likely was the pump because I could fill my boat up anywhere else without it spitting back out at me ??‍♂️

It happened at the marina and a gas station.

Mine will shut off if I try to fill the tank too fast.

Also, it seems to be okay with filling faster when the tank is low, but after getting some fuel in the tank it wants a slower fill rate.

Either a venting problem, or the check valve in the fuel line was incorrectly installed (that was my issue). I just removed it. It's located inside the fill hose where it connects to the fuel tank.

I agree it's a vent or check valve issue. I can fill it at any gas station at full speed until it kicks off and it's full.

I noticed on my SX 195 some street pumps (mainly 7/11s) would not fully fill my tank completly when I had roughly 3/4 tank to start with. It would pump then shut off as if it was full, but when I would check the dash, it still had room to go. I went to another gas station (Mobile) and it worked just fine. On our Bertram growing up, I remember the gas docks would always have splash back if you didnt pay attention, maybe the pump nozzles are different? I also remember one of my cars would always create an air bubble in the tank if I filled it to quickly, I would have to pull the nozzle out about 3/4 and pump from there then put it in fully and it seemed to "burb" the tank. Just my personal experience.

Some people have had stuff stuffed under the seats that bends the vent line....so get under the port side seat and look at the vent lines to be sure it isn't bent/kinked.

Back