• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Go Pro for Bimini Trip

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been on eBay...they have factory refurbished Heto + Blabk for not much more. Probably a better deal..I think they even boast 3 year warranty

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I will admit that I only skimmed most of this thread, catching up.

I have a GoPro. The neighbor kid did, too. She brought it on my boat. They were all playing with it, jumping off the back, filming, etc. I said, "Be careful. If you are doing that and drop it, you will be sorry."

Need I fill in the rest of the story?

When I got a GoPro, my first purchase was the float for the back of the thing.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@tdonoughue

Oh yeah, couldn't agree more. Best single accessory I have for mine and ONLY $20 + tax, each. Can't go econo on the safety gear though, right?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a great collection! I spent the $8.50 shipped for that floaty back door and floating handle for mine too. Who needs the GoPro branded one for more than double. Chinese foam seems to float just as good as the namebrand one. Why not, that's cheap insurance. I love the McGyvered mount using the clamp! That's genius!

Since shooting video is now my favorite pastime, I was able to reuse some golf equipment like my 15' ball retriever. It is now mega-GoPro-pole!

I spent this past Saturday shooting the Fargo Marathon with my Phantom. Good times, but lots of editing with all the footage shot. You can only shoot so many runners before it all starts looking the same.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still need a monopole and waterproof case (taking it snorkeling ) also.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Monopoles are all over and dirtball cheap. The case it comes in is waterproof to 40 meters (131ft), so you are set for snorkeling. It should ship with the watertight back and an open back for better audio quality.

Sams had a case for the cam, a few accessories and a 2.5ft collapsible pole for around $20. But those can be found anywhere. I did just order a combo kit off ebay for $13 that included the floaty back door and a floating handle. I know this thing will be going in the lake, and the bright floats and handle will allow it to be tossed around easily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191487223294?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I didn't want to throw my good selfie stick in the lake, and the floaty back door will protect the camera when attached to our wakesurf board or skitubes. Or whatever else gets wet. The bright colors will help in case it goes in and we need to find it quickly.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Monopoles are all over and dirtball cheap. The case it comes in is waterproof to 40 meters (131ft), so you are set for snorkeling. It should ship with the watertight back and an open back for better audio quality.
Wow, I did not know all the GoPro's came with the watertight case. Thanks

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not all of them, but 95% of them. They seem to have some "Music Edition" bundles that do not. I'm not sure why anyone would buy it that way as they would save nothing. I guess the hip hop crowd must like them to create music videos. HA!

What I don't understand, is how you get what audio you do with that air tight case on. It's downright amazing to the point that I thought I had the open case on when shooting video.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just remember to bring along a good camera in addition to the GoPro. I just went on a vacation with a new GoPro thinking that I could use it for everything and I think that some of the other cameras that were on the trip, have better still pictures.

The editing is a lot of work! I have been working on our movie for a few days now and I expect that it will take a lot more time to compile.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have one of these.
Vivitar DVR785HD-BLU 5MP Pro Waterproof Action Camcorder with Case and Mounts Video Camera with 2-Inch LCD Screen (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093HAQ0K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.eavvb1NN3MNS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093HAQ0K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.eavvb1NN3MNS

Because it was $40 and I wanted to see how good it was. I actually like it, it's not a gopro but it is pretty good. I had it in the gulf last weekend holding it under water filming my son swimming and the waves, a big wave hit me and I dropped it....it floats! Without a big foam pad on it!

Here is a video I took with it mounted with a suction mount to my windshield.
Edit-
I just watched the video, that was with my phone, it shows the camera mounted though:)I never put the camera one on YouTube....I'll work on that.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well..well....More internet sleuthing....I've used Monoprice for MANY home audio items. They are a GREAT resource for on-wall TV mounts, cabling etc.

Guess what...they have a GoPro KNOCKOFF!. They offer all the main accessories too. Reading the reviews..seems promising!!

Watch the YouTube video's SHOT with this camera. Yes, the specs are not as good..but for th eprice, and what you need...It's worth considering!

BTW, I REALLY like the wristband controller!

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=10629&seq=1&format=2

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This just arrived in the mail today. Thanks @PaulyB , it was a pleasant way to end an otherwise shitty day.

Note: the Oreo is included for scale, it didn't come with the camera.

image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes it is and it's the first one I've seen up close. To my surprise best buy and frys electronics don't carry them. I haven't used it yet but it looks very basic. On /off and power buttons are on the outside and a charging jack, memory card slot and 720/1080 switch are just under a cover on one of the two remaining sides. The case is similar in design to the go pro hero 3 (non plus). This probably won't see water, a plan to use it on my sons rc drift car because it is lighter and smaller.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie I'll be curious to see the picture quality. You are the first person I've heard of to have one.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad it came in today @Ronnie ... So after my tests on it, if you push the button on the top once, it will take a picture, if you push it twice quickly it will record video... Hope it works out for ya...