• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Improved Jet Boat Nozzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

I am on a senior design team tasked with designing an improved jet boat nozzle that will is projected to increase the low-speed maneuverability of jet boats. We have produced a survey to help us determine how to best create this nozzle and thought that this may be a place to receive some feedback. If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes of your time to complete this survey truthfully, it would really help us. If all goes well, we can hopefully start producing this product. Thank you in advance!

Here is a link to the survey:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a ton of nozzle designs in my patents maybe you will see something you like and want more info. The most common mistake people make is believing jet boats do ok at high speeds and only need help at slow speed , with all the things people use a jet boat for today and the variety of water conditions they need all the assistance they can get for all conditions and for all uses.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting idea. Have you made and sold anything for any boat before or is this your first foray into an Aftermarket boat mod?
Sounds more like this is a design project for an engineering degree.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I know I have been dealing with designs for jet boat and p w c steering for 20 years now. They may be the last ones to the table who knows.

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Interesting idea. Have you made and sold anything for any boat before or is this your first foray into an Aftermarket boat mod?
DogDadDave got it right, we are a team of senior engineering students completing a senior design project. We re mechanical engineering majors with specialties in fluid mechanics who have not sold anything before, but our faculty advisor worked with boating design years ago. Most of the senior design projects lead no where, but we want to create a real product

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I have a ton of nozzle designs in my patents maybe you will see something you like and want more info. The most common mistake people make is believing jet boats do ok at high speeds and only need help at slow speed , with all the things people use a jet boat for today and the variety of water conditions they need all the assistance they can get for all conditions and for all uses.
Yes we will definitely review those patents, and we really appreciate that input so far. Could we contact you if we have any questions?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sure no problem Although I will say after 20 years of making jet boats steer and drivers smile at all speeds and even off power the way to get the most control is all time steering fins combined with the nozzles.