• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetboatpilot Access Port Riser

There’s been a lot of discussion about water intrusion in this area…I’m sure this will help, but seems like most water is coming in around the poorly sealed tray itself.

Yea. I just tried sealing the tray but still had a lot of water in bilge on the last outing.

Last edited:
I guess I don't see the issue? Our bilge pumps kick on for a reason and pumps the water out when it needs to. When we are ballasted over we get water in thru our cleat so I would have water in there regardless. If the tray is sealed poorly then this still wouldn't help.

I saw this post too....and was wondering about it. Are they also going to sell and "edge" for the clean out port holes - of not, then a bunch of water ends up in the holes too. And as @FSH 210 Sport says.....the tray itself leaks, so you'd want to caulk that too. I'd like to see a video of the water inside that tray with that lip on it, to really see what good that will do. I can envision water slopping around in there, and a 1" lip not really doing much to stop that.

I wonder if insetting a lower "tray" where the drain is wouldn't do more to solve this problem.....like install a cup holder where the drain is and move the drain to the bottom of the cupholder, then when water sloshes around, it goes into the cup and then drains???

But yes.... @jcyamaharider the bilge is there for a reason.....(I now have 2).... to handle these inevitable small leaks.

Back