• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at maybe buying a Garmin-ECHOMAP-Plus-74cv-with-Transducer...opinions?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
all of the above

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I ended up getting the Echomap Plus 94SV....go big or go home? Lol

Got it installed at the helm (still need to get transducer installed)....may get a longer arm to move it more out of the way, but since depth is on the right side of the Connext screen, I may not bother. Will test and see.

Love the touchscreen though!!!!

The Ram mount ball I bought to replace the old mount is just a bit bigger!

Attachments

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I ended up getting the Echomap Plus 94SV....go big or go home? Lol

Got it installed at the helm (still need to get transducer installed)....may get a longer arm to move it more out of the way, but since depth is on the right side of the Connext screen, I may not bother. Will test and see.

Love the touchscreen though!!!!

The Ram mount ball I bought to replace the old mount is just a bit bigger!
I will be buying the Garmin 94sv UHD unit with the down,side and chirp in the next week. Seen this post and was wondering if you figured the mounting out and if the sideview is working properly?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will be buying the Garmin 94sv UHD unit with the down,side and chirp in the next week. Seen this post and was wondering if you figured the mounting out and if the sideview is working properly?
I did and everything works great. I went overboard on my mounting though. See link links in my 242X link in.my signature for all the details

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, I realize I'm a little late to the game here since you're already done but my boat came with a 741xs installed. I have a GT23 transducer sitting on my counter to add downvu/clearvu capability as well as quick chart. Any pictures of how you ran your transducer wire through the hull? I put a stern saver on the rear next to the drain plug (no keel on 2014) I am waiting for a scanstrut fitting to arrive but I still have knots in my stomach about having to drill a hole in the hull!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, I realize I'm a little late to the game here since you're already done but my boat came with a 741xs installed. I have a GT23 transducer sitting on my counter to add downvu/clearvu capability as well as quick chart. Any pictures of how you ran your transducer wire through the hull? I put a stern saver on the rear next to the drain plug (no keel on 2014) I am waiting for a scanstrut fitting to arrive but I still have knots in my stomach about having to drill a hole in the hull!
There are a couple of pics of my thru hull cable here:

The only really pucker point is drilling the hole in the transom for the through hull fitting and sealing it. One you have that done, the rest is easy (if you are used to pulling cables that is).

If I recall, I started with all the cable under the starboard side cabin seat. From there, you pull the cable forward to the helm. On my boat, there was a small gap at the bottom of the wood partition that I was able to push the cable under. I used a fish tape from the black plastic tray behind the throttles (pull that out), ran the tape back through the hole under the wood side wall and pulled the cable though. Then from the same hole was able to get it forward to the hole I drilled behind the GPS itself.

Then you have to get the cable to the stern. This requires removing the clean out tray under the clean out hatch (like 12 screws, and two hose clamps-the hose clamps are the trickiest part of the job as you have to do them blind by feel). Once the clean out tray is out, you can fish the cable over the back wall under the seat and you are in the bilge area. Once in there I simply zip tied it to other cables back there to keep it off the exhaust.

I bought cable wrap to keep all the wires I've run under that port seat neat and tidy, those are on this page. Here is the main pic:

I have had that wrap untaped a few times as I've added other wires! I about about to untape it again this week to run a new bow speaker wire!