• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New '20 AR240 owner - ideas for mods?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We love this topic on the forum.....we call it....."Lets spend other people's money!". It is about the only complaint I've ever heard about the forum.....it can be costly when you see all these mods that people do and you want them too!!!!

Here is my mod list on my 242X (this is also linked in my Signature):

Karma_Train

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You might want to run a larger power supply line to the helm if your going to run amps later on. A small kingsford Kaddy works great for trash, nothing blows out.
Totally agree on the power run - I'll likely run a 2/0 or 4/0 dedicated run for amps later on.

Karma_Train

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Karma_Train
Hadn't discovered these yet. When you get them would love to see a photo? Going to buy their screw in poles for the holders as well?
For sure! I've been working with Ian over there and he can custom fabricate for most model years and manufacturers. I picked up the screw in flag pole too.

Karma_Train

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We love this topic on the forum.....we call it....."Lets spend other people's money!". It is about the only complaint I've ever heard about the forum.....it can be costly when you see all these mods that people do and you want them too!!!!

Here is my mod list on my 242X (this is also linked in my Signature):
@Julian This is an awesome list! What I love most about this forum is how awesome and welcoming the whole community is! It's been a gold mine of info as I look to get the boat ready for summer.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Karma_Train

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 nav is also pretty useless. Might be nice to have on an unknown lake, but for actual navigational duties, nope. Reminds me of what auto navigation was when they first came out.
One nice thing about our situation is I know the chain so well that it's rare that we use nav anyway - mostly it's a "now where was that channel opening again" helper than anything, plus the occasional depth chart consultation. I think I'll stick with stock to start, but if it's not working out I'll look into some sort of in-dash mount to take up some of the empty space to the left of the 7" Connext.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a danforth anchor to put in the anchor well, it was too small, so because I needed another anchor, I purchased a box style anchor. Will be testing that out soon. You may consider some stretchy dock lines - I've got four of these and they work really slick when docking for an hour at a restaurant. Another hack I found was go to your local big box hardware store and look for land anchors. Buy the tallest ones you can get and you can use those to screw into the sand at a sandbar and run your stretchy dock lines to them. Nice, easy way to keep the boat secured, and cheaper than the $100 per anchor kits on Amazon.

@anmut do you find the 4' lines are long enough? Looking at a couple of these for our 232 but can't decide between 4 and 5 footers