• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2022 models are being delivered

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My comment to Yamaha, if your going to continue to put this junk in stop drilling a hole in the fiberglass! Put LED’s on the trailer, put a roller that doesn’t scratch the hull, a heavier duty jack stand, boat buckles or something similar and put radial tires on the trailer. If your raising prices just charge more so people don’t have to replace junk! My other comment is let people start picking colors or at least have an option for the interior colors (cool or warm). Keep in mind I’m a big Yamaha fan, however listen to your customers. People have been complaining about this stuff for years.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My comment to Yamaha, if your going to continue to put this junk in stop drilling a hole in the fiberglass! Put LED’s on the trailer, put a roller that doesn’t scratch the hull, a heavier duty jack stand, boat buckles or something similar and put radial tires on the trailer. If your raising prices just charge more so people don’t have to replace junk! My other comment is let people start picking colors or at least have an option for the interior colors (cool or warm). Keep in mind I’m a big Yamaha fan, however listen to your customers. People have been complaining about this stuff for years.
27 foot boats have LEDs, all E-Series boats have boat buckles. Never had an issue with my jack stand. Would be nice to be able to special order color combos....but I get why they don't.

I'd like to see:
  • Front seat backs with an adjustable recline (far too upright)
  • Adjustable height captains chairs
  • Vinyl cabin enclosure option
  • Windlass option

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
27 foot boats have LEDs, all E-Series boats have boat buckles. Never had an issue with my jack stand. Would be nice to be able to special order color combos....but I get why they don't.

I'd like to see:
  • Windlass option
My 16 AR240 came with boat buckles and leds on trailer as well

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length

I'd like to see:
  • Windlass option
Does the 212xe come with boat buckles and LEDs?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I can't say whether its an intentional design choice or just necessity (ie cost cutting) but it does appear so far that Yamaha has scaled back on the use of vinyl graphics this year. In some ways that's a good thing but in other ways it has left some of the new models looking rather plain. I guess in a week or so we'll know the full picture but so far everything is definitely much more generic.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
New 252 SE delivered
Any idea if this was considered a 2022 or a 2021, because it's got the exact same color scheme as my 2021 252SE (meaning it would be really disappointing of Yamaha if they called it a 2022 and jacked up the price).

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tkeru408 Well for the most part, unless something else comes to light, you are correct. They increased the price a good deal and changed the colors. I haven't seen any improvements or additions, unless I missed something somewhere.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw that someone took delivery of a new AR250. There definitely seems to be no flashy boat graphics this year.
I may be in the minority but I think this looks higher end than the 2021 graphics. Lots of blank space here to add something, too. Hopefully the dealer calls me sooner than later.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My thought is that they could have just omitted the AR250 graphic. The boat has beautiful lines and doesn't really need the graphic.

Jim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man, I’m in line for an AR250 and have been anxiously waiting to see what the color schemes were going to be. This is much better than the 2021 graphics. Can’t wait to see what the other option is.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with Jim. This boat looks really good. You could omit that AR250 graphic and it would look exactly like my 242 Limited S I sold. My wife and I really liked the 252S but after talking to a salesman today I don't stand a chance. $74k plus 10-15% price increase on top of that coming Tuesday. My wife and I cannot afford that. I was so depressed and disheartened but looking at this latest picture of the AR250 there is hope.

Would love to see some interior pictures of it.

Darren Kerns
Taswell, IN

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I agree with Jim. This boat looks really good. You could omit that AR250 graphic and it would look exactly like my 242 Limited S I sold. My wife and I really liked the 252S but after talking to a salesman today I don't stand a chance. $74k plus 10-15% price increase on top of that coming Tuesday. My wife and I cannot afford that. I was so depressed and disheartened but looking at this latest picture of the AR250 there is hope.

Darren Kerns
Taswell, IN
Lets start a Go Fund Me for Kernsy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Darren Kerns
Taswell, IN
I hear ya. These things are getting out of control on the price surges.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks brother but I will save my money. I am a blessed man.
Take care and stay safe buddy.
Darren Kerns

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I hear ya. These things are getting out of control on the price surges.
The surge in prices is making me rethink my purchase. My wife and I went into this thinking we wanted a a 212 SD. Researched it on YouTube, and wouldn't you know it the video auto rolled to the next one which was the Boat Test of the 252 SD. We fell in love with the extra space, water seats, Bimini, Yacht Blue with the warm interior, fold down table and head compartment. Worked out the $$$ (stretch) and then we hear about the surge, change in color and no major options upgrade for the extra money.
Struggling with pulling the trigger. The only thing I have going for me is we are slated for next August. My hope is that all of the "Covid" boat purchases from 2020 will flood the used market forcing deals on the new boats by next August. I guy can dream can't he? lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The surge in prices is making me rethink my purchase. My wife and I went into this thinking we wanted a a 212 SD. Researched it on YouTube, and wouldn't you know it the video auto rolled to the next one which was the Boat Test of the 252 SD. We fell in love with the extra space, water seats, Bimini, Yacht Blue with the warm interior, fold down table and head compartment. Worked out the $$$ (stretch) and then we hear about the surge, change in color and no major options upgrade for the extra money.
Struggling with pulling the trigger. The only thing I have going for me is we are slated for next August. My hope is that all of the "Covid" boat purchases from 2020 will flood the used market forcing deals on the new boats by next August. I guy can dream can't he? lol
It is a solid plan. I am on the same plan, potentially. As long as no life surprises crop up this winter. 2022 boats will get another price increase, every year it is the same, although this year it has been much larger. Will have to see how production lines go over the next 10-12 months.