• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member, first time boat owner... am I doing this right?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And on the potty? My friend's GF has already mentioned that I should really get one of those.
I'd like to find out how often your friend's girlfriend is offering to clean out YOUR shitter. 😆

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First person to use it cleans it. Boat rules, u will stop more often for bathroom breaks that way.
I will most definitely be implementing this rule!

Rtwill725

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you driven jet boats before? Our first boat was an I/O that we had for three seasons. We finally got our Yamaha in April and I quickly found that the low speed control is a little different than what I was used to. The first time I tried to put it on the boat lift in a cross wind I looked like a monkey making sweet love to a football. But I went out a few times early in the morning to practice (when no one else was out) and got much better with it....now I hardly ever bounce it off the lift broad side......lol. Congratulations on the new boat...those 242's are super nice!

Last edited:

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well..... I think a couple of folks wanted to see my setup, so here it is. That's my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine pulling my new 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S! The WD hitch kit is the Fastway E2 FA94-00-0800 (rated for 800/8000 lb), and there's an Equalizer Pole-Tongue Adapter (WDH won't work without it!) (EQ95-01-5950) - picked them up from etrailer. Drove the boat from Huron, OH, to my home (southeast Louisiana) about 1100 miles away and it was super easy! Jeep had no trouble pulling from a stop, accelerating to get on the interstate, pulling up hills at highway speed, etc. Actually just set the cruise control at 70mph and let her rip! Gas mileage sucked (trip meter reported average of 12.1 for the 1,061 mile journey), but that was kind of expected. We did hit some decent crosswinds through Kentucky and Tennessee, but the sway bars made it barely noticeable. At one point, there was an F250 towing a small pop-up camper trailer a few car lengths ahead - he was swaying all over his lane (and almost out of it) while I was tracking straight. That kit was worth every penny.

Just a couple of words about the dealer (J&J Sales, Huron, OH). They were absolutely awesome to deal with. Gave me the best price of any I had seen, worked with me over the phone to get all the paperwork complete and ready for signature when I arrived, and then took us and the boat down to Lake Erie for familiarization launch/drive/load (spent about 30 minutes on the water). They are a real class act. After I got the hitch and trailer all hooked up, they helped get the shipping cover installed and tightened up. My buddy's comment on the dealer was "best bunch of sales people I ever met - treated me like I was buying, even though they knew I wasn't."

Enough about that, now it's time to get her in the water and have some fun! WOO HOO!

ramkam02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice boat indeed, good luck and keep it clean

mrehmeyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just bought a 2019 242SE, took it on its maiden voyage Saturday and while we had fun, I have a bit of a learning curve at low speed maneuvers...104862

mrehmeyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Well..... I think a couple of folks wanted to see my setup, so here it is. That's my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine pulling my new 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S! The WD hitch kit is the Fastway E2 FA94-00-0800 (rated for 800/8000 lb), and there's an Equalizer Pole-Tongue Adapter (WDH won't work without it!) (EQ95-01-5950) - picked them up from etrailer. Drove the boat from Huron, OH, to my home (southeast Louisiana) about 1100 miles away and it was super easy! Jeep had no trouble pulling from a stop, accelerating to get on the interstate, pulling up hills at highway speed, etc. Actually just set the cruise control at 70mph and let her rip! Gas mileage sucked (trip meter reported average of 12.1 for the 1,061 mile journey), but that was kind of expected. We did hit some decent crosswinds through Kentucky and Tennessee, but the sway bars made it barely noticeable. At one point, there was an F250 towing a small pop-up camper trailer a few car lengths ahead - he was swaying all over his lane (and almost out of it) while I was tracking straight. That kit was worth every penny.

Just a couple of words about the dealer (J&J Sales, Huron, OH). They were absolutely awesome to deal with. Gave me the best price of any I had seen, worked with me over the phone to get all the paperwork complete and ready for signature when I arrived, and then took us and the boat down to Lake Erie for familiarization launch/drive/load (spent about 30 minutes on the water). They are a real class act. After I got the hitch and trailer all hooked up, they helped get the shipping cover installed and tightened up. My buddy's comment on the dealer was "best bunch of sales people I ever met - treated me like I was buying, even though they knew I wasn't."

Enough about that, now it's time to get her in the water and have some fun! WOO HOO!
View attachment 104813

View attachment 104814
I’m pulling my new 242 Limited SE with a 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 3L diesel... tows great, no sway bars require

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m pulling my new 242 Limited SE with a 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 3L diesel... tows great, no sway bars require
I’d have liked the diesel, but now that I’ve towed with the gas engine, I have no regrets.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’d have liked the diesel, but now that I’ve towed with the gas engine, I have no regrets.
I've had both and miss my diesel when it comes to mileage, but love my supercharged gassers when it comes to acceleration!

Beautiful set up!

Hold fast on that potty rule....mine has never been used and I hope it stays that way!!!!!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

SoonerDustin

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 104813

View attachment 104814
Like those sway bars. I've never seen them on a boat though. Is it pretty heavy?

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like those sway bars. I've never seen them on a boat though. Is it pretty heavy?
I think the whole setup (shank, hitch, ball, and sway bars) are about 90 lbs, if I remember the specs right. The pole-tongue adapter is ~20lbs.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tow my FSH210 with a 4Runner I got to match it and leave with it in FL for the winter, it tows fine but you always know it’s back there. I towed the boat with my Titan last weekend and forgot it was there, I mean it never felt it. When I saw it in the mirror I was like wow it’s there. I would go bigger next time just did not want to drop the extra $. I was always told no weight distribution hitch for boat trailers, but live and learn I’ll look into this one thank you @nawlinstornado. I did Mardi Gras one year holy cow what a great time you guys throw down there!!!!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was always told no weight distribution hitch for boat trailers, but live and learn I’ll look into this one thank you
I think that's because most WDH setups don't work with surge brakes. Mine does.

Honestly I wasn't terribly concerned with weight distribution but more with sway control since I was driving >1000 miles, some of it through windy terrain. When I loaded the hitch, the front wheel arch was about 1.25" higher. Since I knew I didn't need a lot of weight distribution, I set the spring bar brackets at their lowest (least tension) setting. The front came down to .5" above normal, which is pretty much where you want it with a WDH (< 1/2 of the delta). Definitely performed well as sway was never a problem and the front never bounced a bit. And I have additional capability should I need to tow something a bit heavier.
I did Mardi Gras one year holy cow what a great time you guys throw down there!!!!
Yeah, and I avoid the city during the season these days. Just getting too old for all that mess. I'll probably take the boat to Florida for Mardi Gras this year.