• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please look on the July4th or May 4th trips. This thread will no longer be updated

What weekend worse best for you

• MemorialDay Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take Friday and Monday off if necessary)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take either Friday OR Monday off if necessary)

• More or less any weekend ( cannot take off from work)

• Not Sure ( will post on the body of the thread on availability )

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My personal preference would for it not to be over Memorial Day Weekend. I can take a Friday and Monday off without issue.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Berrie since you and I are pretty much set on the July 4th week-long trip, I am thinking to start a new thread for the July trip. That way we can use this one to iron details for the weekend trip. You okay with that ?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My personal preference would for it not to be over Memorial Day Weekend. I can take a Friday and Monday off without issue.
I think I would agree with that. What about the week before? May 17-20,with boating actually on Sat and Sun. Fri and Mon for travel and any staging. Might miss the holiday traffic (on and off the water), as well.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JeffVans I think you might like this idea too
Yeah I'd be interested in the shorter "guys" trip. I would have to be a fly-in rider/payer of fuel as the logistics would be insane for me to accomplish. As more details get ironed out I'll keep this in mind. I'm also down to do some mid-atlantic portions on my boat with riders as they come up.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Berrie since you and I are pretty much set on the July 4th week-long trip, I am thinking to start a new thread for the July trip. That way we can use this one to iron details for the weekend trip. You okay with that ?
@Betik Sounds good!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think this trip could be tough to plan as a large group. @swatski @Andy S and I have opted to try and run this May 4th and 5th. Details are still being worked out but I think our plan now will be to start in Lake Michigan and do the full run through Chicago down to St. Louis. Any other vessel that would like to join us is more then welcome. This is @Andy S and my first time to that area so details will probably be slow coming out as we have to do some reasearch in the area to figure out fuel stops and over night accomodations. We plan to fly in at this time and just jump on @swatski boat. @ACrews has also mentioned he may possibly bring his boat up and join us.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@robert843 Sounds exciting. How many miles is that ?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Roughly 330 miles from Chicago.
I’m going to put these dates on my calendar. I would love to join, so let me know if you move any planning offline.

I think Peoria would be the best overnight stop on the water. I also agree with starting closer to downtown, rather than Starved Rock.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to put these dates on my calendar. I would love to join, so let me know if you move any planning offline.

I think Peoria would be the best overnight stop on the water. I also agree with starting closer to downtown, rather than Starved Rock.
Peoria is the planned over night stop at this time. The starting location is still being discussed trying to find a location outside of the city with easy access but close enough to be able to get in the canal quickly. Biggest issue I'm having right now is finding fuel south out Peoria. We do plan to start in Chicago but we do not plan to return to Chicago by water so any one joining us may need to work out logistics on getting your trailer back. I can probably help some with that once I get all the final details knocked out.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 should I change the tittle to reflect eh dates ?
Thats up to you but I'm ok leaving it like it is for a bit if you want maybe a second trip could get started if these dates don't work for some.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Biggest issue I'm having right now is finding fuel south out Peoria.
Ok well apparently the last fuel stop is just south of Peoria at Tall Timbers marine at mile marker 120. This means 120 miles with no fuel so any one joining us needs to make sure they are carrying enough fuel to cover that stretch.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Peoria is the planned over night stop at this time. The starting location is still being discussed trying to find a location outside of the city with easy access but close enough to be able to get in the canal quickly. Biggest issue I'm having right now is finding fuel south out Peoria. We do plan to start in Chicago but we do not plan to return to Chicago by water so any one joining us may need to work out logistics on getting your trailer back. I can probably help some with that once I get all the final details knocked out.
Sounds good to me. I may be able to assist with shuffling people and/or trailers. I’ve got several family members in the area that can be recruited as drivers.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok well apparently the last fuel stop is just south of Peoria at Tall Timbers marine at mile marker 120. This means 120 miles with no fuel so any one joining us needs to make sure they are carrying enough fuel to cover that stretch.
Traveling downstream in a 21/24’ should be ok, as is right? Or, would you guess that an extra 10 gal would be recommended just for security sake?

Status
Not open for further replies.