• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please look on the July4th or May 4th trips. This thread will no longer be updated

What weekend worse best for you

• MemorialDay Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take Friday and Monday off if necessary)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take either Friday OR Monday off if necessary)

• More or less any weekend ( cannot take off from work)

• Not Sure ( will post on the body of the thread on availability )

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
we can figure out the details and you can join a particular leg of the trip. At the end the day it is a river, so if you get close to shore we will get on board.

I am not particularly crazy about the ICW, but once you guys figure out when you guys have dates. I will try to join.
There is always my favorite Tangier Island. It is around 30 miles in the Chesapeake Bay from MD. I call it my mini Bimini run . Chesapeake Bay is famous for its crabs

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangier,_Virginia

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Distance from Grafton:
Joliet, IL - 288 miles
Brandon Road Lock - 286
Interstate 55 Bridge - 277
Kankakee River - 273
Dresden Island Lock - 271 miles
Marseille Lock - 244 miles
Ottawa, IL - 239 miles
Peru, IL - 222 miles
Illinois and Mississippi Canal - 210 miles
Hennepin, IL - 207 miles
Chillicothe, IL - 180 miles
Peoria Lock - 158 miles
Beardstown, IL - 89 miles
La Grange Lock - 80 miles
Naples, IL - 65 miles
Florence, IL - 55 miles
Hardin, IL - 21 miles
Illinois Riverdock Restaruant - 20.9
Grafton, IL - 0

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Distance from Grafton:
Joliet, IL - 288 miles
Brandon Road Lock - 286
Interstate 55 Bridge - 277
Kankakee River - 273
Dresden Island Lock - 271 miles
Marseille Lock - 244 miles
Ottawa, IL - 239 miles
Peru, IL - 222 miles
Illinois and Mississippi Canal - 210 miles
Hennepin, IL - 207 miles
Chillicothe, IL - 180 miles
Peoria Lock - 158 miles
Beardstown, IL - 89 miles
La Grange Lock - 80 miles
Naples, IL - 65 miles
Florence, IL - 55 miles
Hardin, IL - 21 miles
Illinois Riverdock Restaruant - 20.9
Grafton, IL - 0
So if we do Grafton to Starved Rock that appears to only be 225 miles or so. Hmm if there is only one lock that is completely doable in a day probably I'm unsure how many no wake zones we hit along the way.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if we do Grafton to Starved Rock that appears to only be 225 miles or so. Hmm if there is only one lock that is completely doable in a day probably I'm unsure how many no wake zones we hit along the way.
the word on the street is that there logs on the water, so WOT might counter productive. I would say lets plan for 2 day run. On long weekend, that will leave you guys with at least 1 day for travel. To be honest, if I were in yall shoes with 2+ drives, I would rent a car from NC and just drive it to IL. for 4 days you are looking at $200 for the car and $200 for fuel. You dive that by 4 and you get $100 of travel + no stress about catching flights etc.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u think you might interest
I am interested. Would love to go, however, we're on a planning hold for the time being with big trips for next year. Had a speedbump in life that has us scrambling financially at the moment. All is well, everyone's healthy, just dialing back the lifestyle a bit for the foreseeable future. Just having to make one of the many "mid course corrections" that comes along with having a family.

.......I’m also hoping that we can pull that Kentucky Lake / Cumberland River down to Nashville TN cruise together too. @2kwik4u :)
See above, we're in a holding pattern on large trips. Still interested though. Have to see how we fare over the coming months to really commit to anything of that scale.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gonna talk to my wife about this on Wednesday. She cant tell me no on my birthday can she?

If its quick up and back might make it guys trip with my father in law. He works in chigaco weekly so would already be close pending on what is decided on.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2kwik4u I am glad to hear that everyone is healthy. I constantly worry that audacity will God attention and smack me for been ungrateful and greedy.

In regard to this particular trip though, it is just me and Amar, so there is plenty of space for you. All you have to do is show up with an optimistic smile

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like Memorial Day weekend and June are unavailable for me. I’ll have to look at July or early August.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It looks like Memorial Day weekend and June are unavailable for me. I’ll have to look at July or early August.
I am approved for both May and July. So for all practical purposes I can join the guys' mad run on Memorial weekend and then bring my wife for a week long displacement trip in July. Claire's birthday is on July 1st , so a June 29 to July 6th will work great for us. August I am not so sure and the our school start almos the second week of August and it becomes crazy in our household.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik maybe July 4th will be a good week for it. Only risk is transient slip availability, but if nothing else i can run the genny and anchor out.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik maybe July 4th will be a good week for it. Only risk is transient slip availability, but if nothing else i can run the genny and anchor out.
my wife is a cold blooded animal, so heat is not an issue for us. As long as, there is potable water, food and bathrooms ( which we have in our boat) we are good to only dock for fuel. We might have to be a bit creative when it comes to anchoring out, buy I am game.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
my wife is a cold blooded animal, so heat is not an issue for us. As long as, there is potable water, food and bathrooms ( which we have in our boat) we are good to only dock for fuel. We might have to be a bit creative when it comes to anchoring out, buy I am game.
Sleeping bags will do wonders here if you are planning to anchor out.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK I checked with my better half and the July 4th week is a go.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Meghan actually may be giving me a hall pass. We'll see

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I updated the first post the info below. I will try to keep up with it Bimini style ( wish me luck for I am no @Bruce). I will keep track of the logistics ( people, boats etc) until someone volunteers to take over.

May trip during the Memorial Day weekend. Most likely this will be a Saturday departure with either evening arrival or Sunday arrival . We do not have the precise start and finish location, but most likely this is going to be a “guys” run from Chicago/Starved Rock to Grafton/St.Luis.

Members who have shown interest

@robert843

@swatski

@Amar Nanduri

@BigAbe75

@ACrews

@Speedling

@Mainah

@zipper

@2kwik4u

@Wisefam22

@Betik

July 4th week trip most likely will take place from June 29 Saturday with launch somewhere in Indiana. Head south relatively slow and stop whenever we feel like. You have to be prepared to sleep on your boat. We are planning to cover 300 miles in 5 days, so objective here is to enjoy the trip. We will most likely retrieve in Grafton/St.Luis. So far this will be more family( or couples) trip.

Members who have shown interest

@Berrie
@Betik

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may be out already. May 26th is our anniversary, & I just realized the dates that are set. Sorry for the false hope. I didn't focus on the dates when I first looked at all the madness that had transpired over the last couple days. Lol.

Maybe something will work out like this for more of a slower pace thats a bit more family friendly. She not crazy about me going without her & Lil Big Britches

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don’t write us off yet. Dates are set as what seems to be getting the most people because of the long weekend. It is all about accommodating long distance travelers but you never know .......

Status
Not open for further replies.