• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please look on the July4th or May 4th trips. This thread will no longer be updated

What weekend worse best for you

• MemorialDay Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take Friday and Monday off if necessary)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take either Friday OR Monday off if necessary)

• More or less any weekend ( cannot take off from work)

• Not Sure ( will post on the body of the thread on availability )

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just asked my wife today and sounds like she would be willing to drop me somewhere like starved rock or peoria and then meet me in st louis if i give her a little time to visit the place.
I would not be doing any overnights on my boat.
If you or @swatski is willing to do starved rock to St Louis in two day trip or less (not sure if it can be done in one day) I would pay for one of your guys fuel and a marina night if needed if I can jump on your boat. Agree I’m not sleeping on the boat we would need a marina and lodging.

Last edited:

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you or @swatski is willing to do starved rock to St Louis in two day trip or less (not sure if it can be done in one day) I would pay for one of your guys fuel and a marina night if needed if I can jump on your boat.
Will you do that for me too? I have very thirsty twin 350's.... :D:D:D
Just kidding!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just kidding!
I would def be willing to pitch in but yes covering fuel in your boat would be a mortgage payment lol.

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just kidding!
I will go halfsies :D

Chicago is too far off for me to lug my boat there.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
On this 350 mile trip I would probably spend about $600 in gas. Just for the boat.
That’s actually cheap Berrie compared to how much my boat drinks. I did a Tangier Island run from Woodbridge (~75-80 miles each way) when I initially got my chap just by myself, to test its reliability and it consumed 140 gallons roughly for the entire trip. All I got in return is a milk shake on the island, but what a ride ....:cool:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On this 350 mile trip I would probably spend about $600 in gas. Just for the boat.
Oh thats not nearly as bad as I thought. My old Bayliner cabin cruiser my got about 1.5 miles per gallon so I was thinking it would be closer to $1200. Even a Jetboat will likely run in the $400-$500 range I think at marina fuel prices of $5 a gallon.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can get about 2mpg at hull speed or ~30 cruising speed, so 175-200 gallon for 350 miles. I fill up at the gas station, at I guess $2.70/gln. Will have to refuel once, about 100 gallon. Not sure what marina gas runs in IL, but here in MO it runs around $3.50/gln.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s actually cheap Berrie compared to how much my boat drinks. I did a Tangier Island run from Woodbridge (~75-80 miles each way) when I initially got my chap just by myself, to test its reliability and it consumed 140 gallons roughly for the entire trip. All I got in return is a milk shake on the island, but what a ride ....:cool:
@Amar Nanduri You have only one engine, but it is a big one, and it has to work very hard to keep you moving. I can run 30mph @ 3,000rpm, so the engines are not straining as much.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri You have only one engine, but it is a big one, and it has to work very hard to keep you moving. I can run 30mph @ 3,000rpm, so the engines are not straining as much.
Yeah. I have to work even harder to keep that boat and engine afloat :D

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you or @swatski is willing to do starved rock to St Louis in two day trip or less (not sure if it can be done in one day) I would pay for one of your guys fuel and a marina night if needed if I can jump on your boat. Agree I’m not sleeping on the boat we would need a marina and lodging.
For this stretch I would be looking to jump aboard someones boat as well. Just spitballing but if @swatski @Berrie or someone is game perhaps @robert843 and I could fly into St Louis and split costs for fuel, lodging, etc.. Would just need someone to drive us all up to starved rock and get the boat trailer back to st louis unless doing a round trip on the boat. I still vote for a guys trip. Someone will need to have some motley crue cued up. This kind of thing could make for a rough morning and will give me an excuse to start training ;)

For other southeastern stretches I am game with my boat with others jumping on or still me jumping on someone elses. Whatever works.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't make this a just guys trip.
Wife and kids will be coming along.
Don't mind having a passenger, but we would likely be sleeping in the cabin. Passenger would not. ;)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I can't make this a just guys trip.
Wife and kids will be coming along.
Don't mind having a passenger, but we would likely be sleeping in the cabin. Passenger would not. ;)
Said passenger will be sleeping in the tender ;)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
For this stretch I would be looking to jump aboard someones boat as well. Just spitballing but if @swatski @Berrie or someone is game perhaps @robert843 and I could fly into St Louis and split costs for fuel, lodging, etc.. Would just need someone to drive us all up to starved rock and get the boat trailer back to st louis unless doing a round trip on the boat. I still vote for a guys trip. Someone will need to have some motley crue cued up. This kind of thing could make for a rough morning and will give me an excuse to start training ;)

For other southeastern stretches I am game with my boat with others jumping on or still me jumping on someone elses. Whatever works.
Let’s rent a jet boat and do to and fro crossing and split the costs. Total $700 miles.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let’s rent a jet boat and do to and fro crossing and split the costs. Total $700 miles.
I am not keen on renting a boat. Never know how bad it has been abused or how well it is maintained. I would haul mine before renting.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spoke with my wife and I have been green lighted for both a guy trip and a family trip( @Berrie my wife and I camp on the boat we can do a long the whole week whenever your family is ready and sleep on the river).

I will be glad bring both the 240 and the ski, so if this going to be a guys only trip then I got 10+people covered LOL.

I say we got at least 5 people fired up to go, so I say let’s try to through out some dates.

As long as school is out, I can have my father drive people around people to airports etc. for example if people fly to Chicago; he can meet us in St.luis and then take 4 people back to Ohare.
If on the other hand people fly in st Luis, I can drive through the airport and pick people up. Between all of us we can drive through the night and launch in the morning. I am okay with doing a portion too.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 and @Mainah you seems to be he most time constrained, how much flexibility you have around Memorial Day weekend ?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 and @Mainah you seems to be he most time constrained, how much flexibility you have around Memorial Day weekend ?
I can make a long weekend work just about anytime in the spring, summer, and fall. A full week or more takes a bit of planning around major technology projects at work.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Memorial Day might actually work for me, but would need to confirm with the admiral.

STL to downtown CHI is darn near 6 hours in the car. With locks and other stops, it’d be at least twice that, I would guess??

Would Peoria be a good stop for night time stop? I haven’t looked at a map, but off the top of my head I’m not sure what other cities are along the river.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can make a long weekend work just about anytime in the spring, summer, and fall. A full week or more takes a bit of planning around major technology projects at work.
I can make just about any weekend work as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.