• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My first car in 1976 (16 years old), was a 1967 Buick Special. A real rust bucket (I have a separate story about using bailing wire to keep the gas tank in place!) with 160,000 miles (odometer only went to 100,000 and the rolled over back to 1). Had one of these things in the picture go bad, so I bent a piece of plexiglass to hold a switch and mounted in on the dash. Definitely was a man ahead of my time!

Jim

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y'know what's funny is that thing is the ultimate "if you know, you know". Without any context, all of you could figure out exactly what that thing is. Nondescript protruding thing, and I bet each of you can picture that thing like it was yesterday!

I also dig those "guess what this tool is" things. I know a few, I learn a bit about something old but new to me, and sometimes a day or two later you come across something you just saw, and you now know what the heck it is!

That button above is still in use in a few places. The tractors I used to drive for Pepsi still had them, and like @diehard said, every winter a few of them would take a dump. They started doing what @Jim_in_Delaware did if they couldn't get parts or a replacement, just wire up a switch on the dash.

The picture/car that came to mind when I saw that was mom's '70 Firebird. If they ever call my lottery numbers, I'll be getting an identical ride. Guess I'll have to buy a ticket first!

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Y'know what's funny is that thing is the ultimate "if you know, you know". Without any context, all of you could figure out exactly what that thing is. Nondescript protruding thing, and I bet each of you can picture that thing like it was yesterday!

I also dig those "guess what this tool is" things. I know a few, I learn a bit about something old but new to me, and sometimes a day or two later you come across something you just saw, and you now know what the heck it is!

That button above is still in use in a few places. The tractors I used to drive for Pepsi still had them, and like @diehard said, every winter a few of them would take a dump. They started doing what @Jim_in_Delaware did if they couldn't get parts or a replacement, just wire up a switch on the dash.

The picture/car that came to mind when I saw that was mom's '70 Firebird. If they ever call my lottery numbers, I'll be getting an identical ride. Guess I'll have to buy a ticket first!
This sounds like another dedicated Humor thread in the making....

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
20220130_064733.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember my Dad using this thing to trick the shit out of me when I was a little kid. He would say, "watch, I bet I can make the lights brighter my clapping my hands". So he'd do the ole trick of clapping his hands real hard then step on that little switch and they'd go bright. I was in true amazement!!!!!