• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

R7 Watersports Slingshot Wake Foil - Group Buy

Do you want to go in on the group buy and purchase the Slingshot Wake Foil Package?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kurtis Riches What if we doubled or even tripled the commitment. Could we get down to 800? I've seen some group buys have more success with larger numbers that drive the cost down even further. I'm not here to debate if 1200 is a good deal. I have a feeling and I will vouch for myself that if it were say 800 I would pull the tigger as would many others. Let's face it, this IS new and at this point I suspect that marketing by virtue of having more folks out on the lakes asking about them would pay dividends in the short and long term.

Just a thought.... would anyone else commit @ $800?
I like your style @vxooxv! You have many valid points. I fear $800 might be to steep off a price cut. I'm not sure what negotiations went on between R7 and Slingshot in order to offer the current sale price... or what their margins are as a retailer? $800 is effectively half price, which would be amazing! That said, not even those liquidating the outmoded 2017 models are selling for that, as referenced 2 comments back. I know @Kurtis Riches is hopeful they can make this sale happen one way or another, I had a brief back and forth with them last night.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran into my neighbors today who happened to be Yamaha boat owners and preached to them the gospel of jetboaters.net. Then proceeded to bare my testimony of the almighty wake foil... I think they felt the spirit's gentle promptings and I look forward to welcoming them to the fold soon. Holy Moses amen! :angelic:

Last edited:

Kurtis Riches

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Kurtis Riches What if we doubled or even tripled the commitment. Could we get down to 800? I've seen some group buys have more success with larger numbers that drive the cost down even further. I'm not here to debate if 1200 is a good deal. I have a feeling and I will vouch for myself that if it were say 800 I would pull the tigger as would many others. Let's face it, this IS new and at this point I suspect that marketing by virtue of having more folks out on the lakes asking about them would pay dividends in the short and long term.

Just a thought.... would anyone else commit @ $800?
sorry we can't do $800, I'm not in the business of giving away products. Technically I'm not supposed to give this much of a discount this time of year, if Slingshot found out, I'd probably get in trouble.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No more need to quit boarding when there's a little bit of chop... just float over it.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be foiling the canyons of Powell... sadly I won't make it this year, but I'm already planning for next year.

Thanks @giroux68 for sharing this in the other thread.

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No more need to quit boarding when there's a little bit of chop... just float over it.
One of the reasons I am so interested in this, wake boarding in chop is no fun. When I heard it described as riding a snowboard on fresh powder, I was instantly sold.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found out my neighbor was/is the most recent to commit to the sale. Anyone else have awesome neighbors, friends, fond acquaintances who might be interested? We're just 4 shy of the minimum.

Kurtis Riches

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We thought we would sweeten the deal and take half off the shipping, so only $70 to cover shipping. Does that sound better to anyone? Let me know! We are only 4 away!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ypoujzp.gif
STILL on SALE and STILL AWESOME!

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Would it get us any closer if a few of us were to purchase the h2 wing also.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would it get us any closer if a few of us were to purchase the h2 wing also.
Good question! It wouldn't hurt to ask. Can we get a count?

Comment "H2" if you plan to add one to your order.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
H2

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey folks, I just had a conversation with R7. They are willing to count those with the added wings as additional sales to make this thing work. That puts us at 9...

I've got a lead or two on additional buyers. So I think we may be there... :winkingthumbsup"

I'm also working with @Kurtis Riches to determine the deadline for the sale.

Thanks everyone!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Banner Notice is up now....so that should drive you to the finish line!!!! Wish I could talk my wife into one of these!!!
Maybe there's a way to convince her it's a necessary safety device...? I've heard that always works. :rolleyes:

Chwtom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, im interested. My buddy has a slingshot wakefoilnthat he bought last soring, and its super fun. I have a coulke questions and notes:
1. It takes time to learn. You get up just like on a wakebord or surfboard, bur balance is extremely touchy, it takes some practice to get the hang of keeping it out of the water as it takes very subtle movements.
2. Its an amazing feeling once you are up, theres nothing like it, its like flying
3. Its hard to ride when you are directly behind the boat, you need to get outside the wake.

?s:
1. Can anyone summarize the difference from last years board to this one?
2. People mentioned surfing with it. Can you surf with it without ballasts, or would you still need those? I guess I’m asking whether I can avoid the hassle of buying and filling ballasts by using this board, or if it’s just a way to bring a different sensation to wakesurfing, but you still need all the same setup as regular surfing.
3. If you want to surf, are the right fins included?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, im interested. My buddy has a slingshot wakefoilnthat he bought last soring, and its super fun. I have a coulke questions and notes:
1. It takes time to learn. You get up just like on a wakebord or surfboard, bur balance is extremely touchy, it takes some practice to get the hang of keeping it out of the water as it takes very subtle movements.
2. Its an amazing feeling once you are up, theres nothing like it, its like flying
3. Its hard to ride when you are directly behind the boat, you need to get outside the wake.
@Chwtom thanks for giving your insights! I'm stoked to give this a try. I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve.

Slingshot actually offers a Foil Academy which I thought was full of some great tips.

To answer your questions:

1. Can anyone summarize the difference from last years board to this one?
  • Biggest difference is the ability to remove the mast & foil, add a set of FCSII fins and use it as a wakesurf board.
    • The FCSII Fins will be an option to add to your order but will are not included in the package.
    • Pricing for the set of fins is being determined and will be posted to this thread soon.
    • Screenshot_20180427-123845_YouTube.jpg
  • I could be wrong, please correct me if I am, but I believe the fight straps are a new option for the 2018
    • The are 2 types available "Half Straps" & "Surf Straps"
    • 20180510_182652.jpg
    • 20180510_182727.jpg
2. People mentioned surfing with it. Can you surf with it without ballasts, or would you still need those? I guess I’m asking whether I can avoid the hassle of buying and filling ballasts by using this board, or if it’s just a way to bring a different sensation to wakesurfing, but you still need all the same setup as regular surfing.
  • While I can't make any guarantee how well this board will perform in a wakesurf situation without ballast, it's my opinion from watching the videos that it is a good size, and looks to be quite buoyant which in most cases prove to be a faster riding board in smaller wakes.
  • In a wake-surf-foil situation however, they seem like they would be ideal for that situation. In the promo, the guys are riding the 3rd and 4th swell back in the wake (with the H2 and H4 wing) which is crazy...! I think it's the answer for "Yamaha wake envy"... which is a real thing only treated by ballast and more ballast... :meh: Or very realistically a Slingshot Wake Foil! :smuggrin:
3. If you want to surf, are the right fins included?
  • They are an added accessory
    • As mentioned above you'll need a set of the FCSII fins. THESE are the ones Slingshot told me were being used in the video and will be available to add to your package thru R7.
    • IF you intend to wake-surf-foil with this, you will want to add the H2 wing to your purchase. It's a stable wing with a lot more surface area and lift for us big kids. (The package includes the H5 wing, more geared for towing.)
    • Here's a video describing the H2 wing option:
The great thing is the Slingshot accessories are also being offered at a 25% discount. It's hey to be determined if the surf fins from FCS will also be offered at a discount. R7 seemed optimistic about it.

With the few accessories it's 3 boards in 1.

Chwtom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I’d be in if I could get the package with the h2 wing instead of the h5. My buddy already has the h5 wing so we could share. Wouldn’t be worth it if I had to buy a wing I don’t need for $500+.