1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by jaybro72, Apr 3, 2014.

1. 0627Devildog

0627Devildog Jetboaters Captain Classifieds Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 11
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I would have called a ceasefire and left the line with someone like that out there. . . . . .especially with a 5.56 that can cut through stall barriers.

2. haknslash

haknslash Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,348 / 76
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    Me and the other guy next to me had the place all to ourselves and we're having good conversation before that other guy came in. Once he shot in the track both of us stopped what we were doing and kind of let the guy know through body language and expression we didn't approve of him or his firearm malfunctioning or whatever was the case. A range boss was eye balling them after the first incident of shooting like a goon at 15 yards so I think they just got the message they were idiots and left. It certainly made me feel uneasy knowing this guy either thought the range was a video game like Call of Duty or brought in a gun that wasn't safe.

3. 0627Devildog

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 11
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Yeah, it's good you had a proactive RO. . . . Unfortunately, I didn't at the county range and often don't which is why I rarely go there.

They have 1 rover and one watching video from the front desk while checking people in (useless). This is for about 30 stalls on 5 different range groups (6 stalls per range).

If someone is acting the fool it can be a long time before an RO notices. I don't like any confrontations (even positive constructive coaching ones) on the range but have said something on more than one occassion. You just never know how someone is going to take it.

4. haknslash

haknslash Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,348 / 76
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    Oh yea I'm familiar county ranges here sounds like the same people visit them lol. I used to go to the one by my house as it was free so long as you donated to one of the wildlife management organizations or paid for a fishing and hunting license since it was on wildlife management land. There was never a RO there and it was so nerve racking anytime you wanted to change targets as you would yell "is the range cold?" And only hoped the rest of the people knew knew to put down their firearms completely, unloaded and hands off. Unfortunately most people though that meant just not fire down range, so every time you walked to change a target you had to wonder if someone was going to accidentally shoot you in the back lol. I liked going there because it was convenient but man it was scary at times. They closed it down when we had the pipeline explosion here a year or so ago since the EPA came out and did surveys. The good news is they are supposed to completely revamp the area and add in a designated rifle and pistol range (currently the rifle and pistol were together for a 100 yard range with 5 picnic tables). The bad news is that was supposed to be completed earlier this summer and I doubt they will employ or staff a RO there to make it any safer in the future. Shame as its outdoors and I prefer that to shooting indoors any day.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 0627Devildog

Ratings:
    +1,990 / 11
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Early Christmas. . . . . . . 20171113_173143.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love It Love It x 1
  6. Billtex2000

Billtex2000 Jet Boat Addict

Berkeley Heights, NJ/Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Cha...Ching!

7. Murf'n'surf

Murf'n'surf Jetboaters Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,090 / 28
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I might have to go the Sparc route until I am in a position to go full retard with the Trijicon ACOG. I need something to get it out to the range to zero it!