• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for advice now that I can carry in Maryland I would like recommendations as tot he best pistol to carry. I am looking t a price between 500 and 600 hundred dollars. I would also use as a home defense gun. Don't know if age makes a difference however I will be 77 in sept.
There's some great answers on here. The absolute number one rule in a gunfight is you must have a gun. The best carry weapon is the one that you will actually carry, not leave at home because it's too big/uncomfortable. This rule trumps all others. Given that, the best carry weapon is one that you will enjoy shooting so that you DO shoot it and become proficient with it. The best caliber is the largest caliber that satisfies the above two requirements, up to 9mm/40/45--keeping in mind the proficient part. While I personally prefer the 45, a 22 on target is infinitely more lethal than a miss with a 45, and an accurate 'double tap and one to the forehead" with a 9mm is orders of magnitude more lethal than a single tap with a 45. Next in line, ideally your carry has up to a 14-15--or more--round capacity if legal where you live. If your eyesight is such that you are proficient with iron sights, go with those. If you're eyes have succumbed to age like mine, consider a red dot.

Given all of the above, I prefer the Sig P365 9 mm for carry. It's fun to shoot, accurate, has a magazine capacity of 14 + 1 with an aftermarket "mag guts" spring, and is easy to carry concealed. This is the "best" carry weapon--for me. Other folks may easily have a different "best" carry weapon.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
There's some great answers on here. The absolute number one rule in a gunfight is you must have a gun. The best carry weapon is the one that you will actually carry, not leave at home because it's too big/uncomfortable. This rule trumps all others. Given that, the best carry weapon is one that you will enjoy shooting so that you DO shoot it and become proficient with it. The best caliber is the largest caliber that satisfies the above two requirements, up to 9mm/40/45--keeping in mind the proficient part. While I personally prefer the 45, a 22 on target is infinitely more lethal than a miss with a 45, and an accurate 'double tap and one to the forehead" with a 9mm is orders of magnitude more lethal than a single tap with a 45. Next in line, ideally your carry has up to a 14-15--or more--round capacity if legal where you live. If your eyesight is such that you are proficient with iron sights, go with those. If you're eyes have succumbed to age like mine, consider a red dot.

Given all of the above, I prefer the Sig P365 9 mm for carry. It's fun to shoot, accurate, has a magazine capacity of 14 + 1 with an aftermarket "mag guts" spring, and is easy to carry concealed. This is the "best" carry weapon--for me. Other folks may easily have a different "best" carry weapon.
Getting ready to buy a Sig P365 for the misses, she prefers it over the Glock 43. MD. has a 10 rd mag limit. Used to break the law every time I drove to Baltimore, no reciprocity with VA.

Last edited:

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Getting ready to buy a Sig P365 for the mises, she prefers it over the Glock 43. MD. has a 10 rd mag limit. Used to break the law every time I drove to Baltimore, no reciprocity with VA.
You can have more than a 10-round mag, you just can't buy, transfer, or sell them in Maryland (at least for now!). Quick drive to Virginia or PA to get them.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This little 9mm rifle is pretty fun, kel-tec sub2000. Takes Glock 17 magazines, put a 30 rounder in her and she's a good time😁
Just got the Glock 19x today. Interchangeable mags with the rifle, she's a beaut😁

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have been in the business for 25 years, collect MP5’s, Scar’s, AR’s, Python’s and Glocks. Just picked up a little backup piece15B6DBF7-8C62-4AC5-B799-F8F48F5F0BF0.jpeg

Last edited:

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Picked up my 1st 9mm (SFX9 4") as a late birthday present / early christmas present to myself a couple days ago! Been wanting a wilson for years and finally was able to make it happen. Looking forward to putting it through its paces and adding to my cc rotation! 🤤
20221003_220217.jpg
20221003_214655.jpg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a whole collection but standardized on .22LR, 5.56, 30-30, .45 ACP, and 12GA. of course there still some stragglers that Im keepin old Winchesters in great condition in .243 and .22 Hornet

.22LR and .45 ACP in both handgun and carbine form factors:
Colt Single action frontier scout paired with at Ruger 10/22 stainless carbine
my daily carry Kimber Ultra CDP II paired with a Foxtrot Mike Carbine for my grab and go...

5.56:
Colt SP1 LW 16 Sporter
XM177 replica Nodack Spud 12.7 with NOS Colt hardware
2 x Bushmaster XM15-e2s 11.5 HBAR
Anderson Varmiter 24" stainless fluted, Harris bipod...
Ruger Mini-14 Stainless Tactical 16" with Samson Folding stock

12GA:
Remington 870 Marine Magnum - Boat Gun

only two left on my to do list:
Kimber .45 ACP Target Longslide (needs and ambi safety mod cause I'm a lefty though I do practice with my right)
Barrett Mk82 50 BMG (or one of the updated models, if you need to go big bore, go big or stay home)

Pew Pew
well picked up the Kimber .45 ACP 6" Target Longslide and installed and kimber Ambi saftey, kimber beveled magwell and houge laser grips...
also picked up a Kimber micro cdp in .380 auto...

still working on the Barret 🤔
attachment - 2022-10-03T222627.252.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T222633.892.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T222640.559.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T222647.700.jpg

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
well picked up the Kimber .45 ACP 6" Target Longslide and installed and kimber Ambi saftey, kimber beveled magwell and houge laser grips...
also picked up a Kimber micro cdp in .380 auto...

still working on the Barret 🤔
Love Kimbers and those are some beautiful pieces there! I enjoy an Eclipse 10mm gov't and been carrying and doing alot of training over the years with my standard carry gun (Super Carry Pro). Never had any issues with it and very comfortable to wear.

Far as the Barrett goes, as much as I'd love to support Ronnie by dropping a pallet of cash off for one of his 50's, still working on that as well.. I gotta be able to feed that monster too! 😄

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, just for john

Picked up this nice browning sxs 12ga, full/imp mod, single non-selective trigger

20220913_214019.jpg20220913_213937.jpg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
19X = Pew Pew Pew Pew?

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Picked up a Noreen ULR50 boomstick recently (bolt currently removed) and just got done mounting a Vortex Viper PST Gen2 5-25x50. Picked up a couple different cheek pads to try on the stock (haven't tested, cut and applied yet) so I'm not putting my face on metal when I finally fire this thing. 😄 Once that is done, I just have to locate the best place relatively close to me, where I can squeeze off a few rounds!
20230508_222717 - Copy.jpg

20230325_194102 - Copy.jpg

silverJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Picked up a Noreen ULR50 boomstick recently (bolt currently removed) and just got done mounting a Vortex Viper PST Gen2 5-25x50. Picked up a couple different cheek pads to try on the stock (haven't tested, cut and applied yet) so I'm not putting my face on metal when I finally fire this thing. 😄 Once that is done, I just have to locate the best place relatively close to me, where I can squeeze off a few rounds!
View attachment 199454

View attachment 199455
Awesome ULR50!

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well after an extensive search I purchased the H&K VP9 with the green optic as it felt very comfortable in my hand and was easy to slide. Will pick up end of this week after 7 day waiting period.
Now I have a couple of questions

First: what is a good gun safe to use both for the car and home. I have seen reviews on the Ft Knox Personal Pistol Box and the Life Pod 2. Any thoughts on these or others to include digital.

2nd any holster recommendations

3rd what brand of ammo for training and home defense?

Thank you[flag]