• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
After 21 years of marriage, I don't even hide it anymore. I just say I want that and buy it.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This may have been addressed already, but didn’t want to scroll through all 30 pages just yet. If it’s there, let me know. My question is, if you carry on your boat, what do you have and where do you keep it. I only own one gun (SW Shield). Would like to get something just for the boat. Thanks in advance.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may have been addressed already, but didn’t want to scroll through all 30 pages just yet. If it’s there, let me know. My question is, if you carry on your boat, what do you have and where do you keep it. I only own one gun (SW Shield). Would like to get something just for the boat. Thanks in advance.
I keep my pistol in a backpack that usually gets stored behind the drivers seat. So it’s in a compartment and inside a bag. About as secure as you can get in a boat.
BTW, your S&W shield is a fine weapon. Carried in for years until I replaced it with a Sig 365XL.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep my pistol in a backpack that usually gets stored behind the drivers seat. So it’s in a compartment and inside a bag. About as secure as you can get in a boat.
BTW, your S&W shield is a fine weapon. Carried in for years until I replaced it with a Sig 365XL.
Just researched that one. Nice suggestion. I want one in my my car and boat at the same time, which is why I’m asking for suggestions by the way.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a whole collection but standardized on .22LR, 5.56, 30-30, .45 ACP, and 12GA. of course there still some stragglers that Im keepin old Winchesters in great condition in .243 and .22 Hornet

.22LR and .45 ACP in both handgun and carbine form factors:
Colt Single action frontier scout paired with at Ruger 10/22 stainless carbine
my daily carry Kimber Ultra CDP II paired with a Foxtrot Mike Carbine for my grab and go...

5.56:
Colt SP1 LW 16 Sporter
XM177 replica Nodack Spud 12.7 with NOS Colt hardware
2 x Bushmaster XM15-e2s 11.5 HBAR
Anderson Varmiter 24" stainless fluted, Harris bipod...
Ruger Mini-14 Stainless Tactical 16" with Samson Folding stock

12GA:
Remington 870 Marine Magnum - Boat Gun

only two left on my to do list:
Kimber .45 ACP Target Longslide (needs and ambi safety mod cause I'm a lefty though I do practice with my right)
Barrett Mk82 50 BMG (or one of the updated models, if you need to go big bore, go big or stay home)

Pew Pew

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for advice now that I can carry in Maryland I would like recommendations as tot he best pistol to carry. I am looking t a price between 500 and 600 hundred dollars. I would also use as a home defense gun. Don't know if age makes a difference however I will be 77 in sept.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking for advice now that I can carry in Maryland I would like recommendations as tot he best pistol to carry. I am looking t a price between 500 and 600 hundred dollars. I would also use as a home defense gun. Don't know if age makes a difference however I will be 77 in sept.
for carry, went from full size 5” barrel pistol to compact 3.5” then sub compact.25 cal 2” barrel. It is annoying to carry heavy gun in your waistband lol. This is my experience, smaller its more comfy…. I keep full size in your vehicle and home

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
P365XL.....in the price range, great carry gun, big enough do double as home defense. At 77, I highly suggest a red dot. Do NOT get a RomeoZero.....use a Holsun 507K of going with a 365XL.

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a little Glock 43 that I like. The 43x offers a bigger grip and a bit more capacity, could go as far as the MOS model if you wanted to go with an optic. For a bigger option you could run a 19. With +2 baseplates you can for 17 in the mag.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
for carry, went from full size 5” barrel pistol to compact 3.5” then sub compact.25 cal 2” barrel. It is annoying to carry heavy gun in your waistband lol. This is my experience, smaller its more comfy…. I keep full size in your vehicle and home
I mean, to each their own.....but a .25 cal is pretty small for a CCW. I suggest nothing smaller than 9mm as the ballistics are SIGNIFICANTLY better. There are options to get comfortable carrying a full frame, find them, use them.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I mean, to each their own.....but a .25 cal is pretty small for a CCW. I suggest nothing smaller than 9mm as the ballistics are SIGNIFICANTLY better. There are options to get comfortable carrying a full frame, find them, use them.
Ya I agree but it’s just the discomfort vs the chance of me actually needing it I chose lighter one plus I also ride motorcycles and dropped my carry while riding now I can just put in my pocket…. Prolly regret if I ever actually need it lol

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
P365XL.....in the price range, great carry gun, big enough do double as home defense. At 77, I highly suggest a red dot. Do NOT get a RomeoZero.....use a Holsun 507K of going with a 365XL.
I second this. I have the sig p365 and the 365xl.
I changed the grip module on the xl to the standard 365. Didn't like the "duck bill" and now they both use the same mags. I prefer the 12 round mags because feels better in my fat fingers