• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@John McLaughlin
VP9 is a great pistol. Grip feels like shaking hands. Just remember it has a a very sensitive trigger, so keep that in mind when holster shopping. I prefer OWB carry and use Alien Gear holsters custom made for the firearm. As for ammo, I like ammoman.com and they have free shipping. I shoot any cheap brass ammo for the range and prefer Federal or Hornady Critical Duty JHP +P for carry. Just make sure to shoot your carry ammo occasionally because it will be much snappier than the lighter low pressure range loads.

Oh and buy a bigger safe or gun cabinet than you need. They fill up quickly! Congrats on the new purchase.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
First: what is a good gun safe to use both for the car and home. I have seen reviews on the Ft Knox Personal Pistol Box and the Life Pod 2. Any thoughts on these or others to include digital.

2nd any holster recommendations

3rd what brand of ammo for training and home defense?

Thank you[flag]
Congrats on the vp9 purchase! Hard to go wrong with h&k. Noticed you're in MD? Nice most places are (or will be soon) shall issue now thanks to Bruen. I do a fair amount of training at Maryland Small Arms Range in Upper Marlboro, and will be renewing my DCCPL certification there in August, as well as getting my MD cpl as well. 😃

I haven't been in the safe/lockbox market for a while, but ft Knox vaults are really nice from what I've seen so maybe their bedside boxes are a decent deterrent too?

On my polymer/metal pistols I usually go some form of kydex strong side owb like blackhawk or viridian (the latter if you have one of their ecr laser/light accessories). Just make sure to use the pad of your index finger to release the pistol, not the point/tip of your finger. On my 19 or 2011's, I go horse or cow hide strong side owb for general carry and a shoulder rig if I'm doing alot of driving (i have galco, milt sparks, palmetto leatherworks holsters for those currently). Many like iwb or appendix carry, but I'm a bigger guy so i go owb or shoulder. Plus I personally can't bring myself to carry anything pointing at my junk, though again thats just my hangup, many have no issues and draw really fast from this style of carry.

Far as ammo, I usually use federal fmj's at the range or my personal reloads, and ideally I like to carry Winchester T-Series ammo for my 9mm or 45's, though it can be pricey and sometimes hard to find, check ammoseek and it may be easier.

A lot of these decisions are personal preference. But those are my thoughts off the top of my head. Again congrats, stay safe and carry on! 👍😀

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My thanks to both of you for your input. Have yet to decide on safe or holster. So many options to choose from

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after an extensive search I purchased the H&K VP9 with the green optic as it felt very comfortable in my hand and was easy to slide. Will pick up end of this week after 7 day waiting period.
Now I have a couple of questions

First: what is a good gun safe to use both for the car and home. I have seen reviews on the Ft Knox Personal Pistol Box and the Life Pod 2. Any thoughts on these or others to include digital.

2nd any holster recommendations

3rd what brand of ammo for training and home defense?

Thank you[flag]
First, Hell yea!... My previous employer was HK, so thank you. Second great choice, the striker fire system is one of the best on the market. They took to feel of their flagship P30, and changed everything to make that striker work perfectly. My only thing with it is I wish they stuck with the original grip texture and replacements. That is literally my only complaint. Other than that simple little thing its the perfect carry piece.

For holster, are you looking for IWB, OWB, Leather, Kydex, hybrid, paddle, or combo. The holster market is flooded with styles. Finding your preferred style of carry first will help you from having a foot locker filled with holster....I can tell you this from experience. Once you figure that out we can direct to many that fit your criteria.

Vehicle safes are great, if you are looking for both in home and car you want to ensure that what you purchase has a set of cable holes and cables to ensure that you can lock to a portion of your car.

As for ammo, training with both FMJ, and JHP is ideal. Knowing the feel of both is recommended. Our training regiment always includes using JHP.
HK is never really brand picky, they tend to eat anything, however stay away from steel and lacquered cases.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For any of you nerds like myself. This is the K43, matching with original sling. The scope is matched to the rifle. 100% all matching the prize piece.....hopefully you all enjoy as much as I do.IMG_8715.jpgIMG_8716.jpgIMG_8717.jpgIMG_8718.jpg

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soooooo, my safe has been under construction for the last week. Some of the plastic clips that hold up the shelves became fatigued from the weight of the ammo and let go. I had to order metal ones and I got it all put back together yesterday. While I was in there I figured that I'd spice it up a bit and ordered LED lights. I just finished installing them and this is the result.

IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2568.jpeg
IMG_2567.jpeg

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks alot like my amsec.. had that issue as well with the lower right shelves. Looks like you won't even need the clips with that ammo holding the shelves up! 😁

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I picked up a couple of these just for ammo.

Cabela's Ammo Cabinet

It's not a fire safe, but if ammo is in a fire even in a fire safe, it's ruined anyway. Plus it frees up room for more firearms.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Soooooo, my safe has been under construction for the last week. Some of the plastic clips that hold up the shelves became fatigued from the weight of the ammo and let go. I had to order metal ones and I got it all put back together yesterday. While I was in there I figured that I'd spice it up a bit and ordered LED lights. I just finished installing them and this is the result.
Someone is ready for the zombie apocalypse........ :)

When I bought my condo back in 2018 it had a gun safe in it but I didn‘t have any guns. A guy I work with is a gun enthusiast and kinda got me started:

- SigSauer P365XL 9mm
- Radical Firearms AR15
- Panzer Arms 12 gauge bullpup tactical shotgun

I have a really nice range about 5 minutes from me - The Range of Richfield - which is just down the street from the Cabelas at the I41/I45 split.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone is ready for the zombie apocalypse........ :)

When I bought my condo back in 2018 it had a gun safe in it but I didn‘t have any guns. A guy I work with is a gun enthusiast and kinda got me started:

- SigSauer P365XL 9mm
- Radical Firearms AR15
- Panzer Arms 12 gauge bullpup tactical shotgun

I have a really nice range about 5 minutes from me - The Range of Richfield - which is just down the street from the Cabelas at the I41/I45 split.
That’s just about all you need for firearms. Now just make sure you have PLENTY of ammo to make those things go boom.

I can’t explain why but I bought all of that ammo and know that I’ll never shoot it, unless something like a zombie apocalypse happens, but I like knowing it’s there. I give it a is 90% chance that how you see it is what my kids will get when I pass away.

The sad part is when I go shooting I usually go buy some because I don’t want to ‘tap into my reserves’. 🤦‍♂️

I have a membership at Danial Boons Conservatory. That’s the only place I shoot. I HATE shooting in doors.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s just about all you need for firearms. Now just make sure you have PLENTY of ammo to make those things go boom.

I can’t explain why but I bought all of that ammo and know that I’ll never shoot it, unless something like a zombie apocalypse happens, but I like knowing it’s there. I give it a is 90% chance that how you see it is what my kids will get when I pass away.

The sad part is when I go shooting I usually go buy some because I don’t want to ‘tap into my reserves’. 🤦‍♂️

I have a membership at Danial Boons Conservatory. That’s the only place I shoot. I HATE shooting in doors.
I did my hand gun course with at The Range with Jeff Pharis who is the President of Daniel Boone. The admiral and I stopped by to look around over the summer and was really impressed with the facilities/grounds. I am still considering a membership there - do you recommend??

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did my hand gun course with at The Range with Jeff Pharis who is the President of Daniel Boone. The admiral and I stopped by to look around over the summer and was really impressed with the facilities/grounds. I am still considering a membership there - do you recommend??
Yes, totally. They keep putting money into it and making it better. Such as updating the ranges and adding over head roofs. I went shooting a few weeks ago in the rain and didn’t mind it at all.

Texjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length

I do the same thing - buy ammo at the range when I have loads on reserve at home. My gf once asked me why I was buying ammo and I looked at her kind of funny and said "you can never have too much!" She gets it, fortunately. 🤣

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My son and I do WWII re-enacting. We have an original May 1944 M1 garand and OOW M1918-A3 BAR along with a Springfield 1903 along with some other Soviet era weapons when we do those Eastern front battles

Attachments

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I did some organizing and reorganizing today.... The pic is from 1 of 2 safes, other one has mostly collectible stuff like Colt sets (1 for each of my kids: python, king cobra, anaconda), lots of knives (Microtech, & Stryder) and mostly ammo.guns.jpg

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My son and I do WWII re-enacting. We have an original May 1944 M1 garand and OOW M1918-A3 BAR along with a Springfield 1903 along with some other Soviet era weapons when we do those Eastern front battles
if you ever need parts or accessories let me know, the company I work for supplies Ohio Ordnance with their kits and parts. We also are the leading supplier of 1903/a3 parts in the US.