• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A nonprofit group in Wisconsin is pushing for a limit on wake boating on lakes under 1500 acres.........

They're claiming that "wake-enhanced" boats destroy marine habitat but I didn't see any facts presented in the article - and they hired a lobbyist. The video at the top of the article shows a drone video of a "wake-enhanced" boat in action and some slow piano music for effect. I don't own a "wake-enhanced" boat so I don't have a dog in the fight but I can see how this could effect anyone pulling a tube or water ski. This seems like a hit-job masquerading as journalism and it doesn't surprise me that the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel would publish it.

I think most people should be able to pull up the story but there is a monthly article limit.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished all the electrical, 6 circuits run and tied into the panel. Started putting up the plybead plywood. Should have it finished up tomorrow and and my wife can paint it.20231028_174415.jpg20231028_170011.jpg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A nonprofit group in Wisconsin is pushing for a limit on wake boating on lakes under 1500 acres.........

They're claiming that "wake-enhanced" boats destroy marine habitat but I didn't see any facts presented in the article - and they hired a lobbyist. The video at the top of the article shows a drone video of a "wake-enhanced" boat in action and some slow piano music for effect. I don't own a "wake-enhanced" boat so I don't have a dog in the fight but I can see how this could effect anyone pulling a tube or water ski. This seems like a hit-job masquerading as journalism and it doesn't surprise me that the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel would publish it.

I think most people should be able to pull up the story but there is a monthly article limit.
Sounds like water front owners have problems with wakes, so want to ban wake boats.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Confused husband says..
If you work from home, how the HELL does your car get so dirty?? #doasimtold
IMG_4270.jpegIMG_4271.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Non profit=virtue signaling and is the hallmark of “environmental” groups, banning is also a favorite tactic which also includes books, speech, and discussion that goes against the narrative.

You do have a dog in this fight, we all do. Just as with NOAA saying they are going to limit the speed of off shore boats to 10mph due to the pilot whales, its in our best interest to come together as a boating community to stop the over reach of politically driven “rule” making by three and four letter agencies and not our elected officials.

These are incremental steps. Its the old story about the frog and pot of water, throw the frog into a boiling pot of water and he jumps out, put him in a cold pot of water and then turn on the fire and he will boil to death as the heat comes on slowly. I‘ve been dealing with “environmental“ groups for well over 40 years now in land use issues and this is the same old tactic. To put it in other terms, there will be mission creep. I do not particularly like it when wake boats come by when I’m fishing and it upsets my apple cart, but I also realize that we all share the lakes so you cannot throw out the baby with the bath water. These are mostly good people out having a good time on the water, LOVE IT! I just can’t understand why their music is so bad LOL!

These melodramatic messages are the norm, begging people to make decisions with their heart instead of their logical and critical thinking minds. There is a billboard in town here about “sustainable” off road use and a picture of a four wheeler engulfed in muddy water as It is hauling ass=earth raping off road enthusiasts, man have I seen that before. I did a term paper in college about the effects of off roading and its affect on the desert tortoise, the media never talked about the 8000% increase in the raven population between the late 40’s and the early 80’s and its huge impact on desert tortoises. When it finally came out, and fish and wildlife wanted to cull a lot of the ravens, the animal groups came out and said that “innocent” ravens might be killed, and wanted poison eggs put out so that only the ravens ”guilty” of pecking on eggs, similar to them pecking holes in the baby tortoise shells which are too soft to resist their beaks, would be killed. Really?

Having said that, there has been some actual science done on the wakes that wake boats generate and their affect on the shore line and the the bottom of the lake. If the research and data and the whole truth, actual science, shows that there is significant harm being done, then some restrictions may have to be put in place, and not just a blanket prohibition. There are some restrictions in some lakes, like 200’ from shore, and in more that 30’ of water if memory serves. And, having concert level music volumes that interferes with others using the water is not helping the wake boaters cause, imagine sitting on the porch of your lake front house that you worked your ass for, for decades, and having to listen to other peoples music that you find offensive, that is infantile and disrespectful to others.

So, figure out where to write letters opposing sweeping rules without the proper research, not close it off and then do the research, once closed it will not change, and send them.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went to a small town named "Santa Fe" about 2 hours from the city and rented an airbnb. Walked around the town (I didn't take pictures of the town), but it's like typical colombian small town with spanish architecture, stone streets, a park and church in the center, with many restaurants and flowers. They had elections today so things were a little crazy. My car definitely would benefit from air suspension because it bottoms out on some speed bumps and some hills will flatten on the bottom so the bumper hits. So that's something that I would like in the future.. Anyways, we returned to the city this afternoon and went to bakery in "San Felix" with a view of the city (no pictures because there was some heavy rain) and we ate panchocha, and hot chocolate with cheese which is a common thing in this region. Panchocha El Auténtico: San Félix · Bello, Antioquia, Colombia

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You do have a dog in this fight, we all do. Just as with NOAA saying they are going to limit the speed of off shore boats to 10mph due to the pilot whales, its in our best interest to come together as a boating community to stop the over reach of politically driven “rule” making by three and four letter agencies and not our elected officials.

I not going to say if its right or wrong, but the proposed rule was only for vessels 35+ feet, so I would argue most of us don’t have a dog in this fight.

Jim

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The couple times we did pumpkins down here wasn’t great. The first 3 days they did OK, then the squirrels got to them one night, then the bugs came. It was a learning curve moving from Ohio to Florida.
Yeah, we had ants and a roach in it last night when we checked it so I sprayed the entire pumpkin and surroundings with some Ortho Home Defense.

Malibu88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hi Gang
This was Saturday, may have been our last harrah for the summer. It was a beautiful day on the Hudson George Washington Bridge after we took our girl out of the water!GWB Boat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Gang
This was Saturday, may have been our last harrah for the summer. It was a beautiful day on the Hudson George Washington Bridge after we took our girl out of the water!
That is an awesome pic! Worthy of the Yamaha website!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Anyone a Wayne’s World fan lol
IMG_4275.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
When your wife tells everyone she meets she’s from the country in Ohio, so I dress up as an urban cowboy and she’s embarrassed. I think I pulled it off pretty well. My big dog isn’t a fan of hats lol. Also equipped with oversized beer bottle opener belt buckle.
IMG_3492.jpegIMG_4284.jpegIMG_4281.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
First frost last night. Warmer temps up at the house.

057C2C44-41A0-405E-9721-EA0B9AA8C842.jpeg

C6211869-F600-4230-BCAA-D4C462EFC702.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t remember school closing this early for a very long time! Only 2-3 inches of snow but gusting to 35mph! My kid is not very happy about missing his school Halloween party today. LolView attachment 210997
Oh helllll no!!!