• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
another proud dad moment,
my daughter won the local skeet competition and a new leather shell pouch at one of the clubs we belong to,
She didn't shoot her best scores but it was good enough, she has left practice and dedication behind to just be a recreational shooter which while I'd like to have a state champion I'm very happy to have something we can enjoy doing together,

IMG_1840.jpeg

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Claire and I went to Assateaque Island yesterday for the first time in a long time. I took some photos with the new iPhone 15 pro max camera. The zoom works extremely well. Took some very good photos however there is a lot to learn with this camera and phone.

IMG_2923.jpegIMG_2920.jpegIMG_2919.jpegIMG_2917.jpegIMG_2915.jpegIMG_2913.jpeg

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Played Trent Jones today. We're all sore and hungover. Might be the last round. Drive home tomorrow.

View attachment 210652
I golfed with a couple guys this weekend that told me about this group of courses up in Alabama. Sounds like a really cool golf get a way.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Claire and I went to Assateaque Island yesterday for the first time in a long time. I took some photos with the new iPhone 15 pro max camera. The zoom works extremely well. Took some very good photos however there is a lot to learn with this camera and phone.

View attachment 210706View attachment 210709View attachment 210710View attachment 210711View attachment 210713View attachment 210714
John, nice pics! We have the 14 Pro Max and find the camera features to really be great. Interestingly, when we took our two cruises this year, I probably used the 0.5 zoom even more than the others!

Haven’t yet been to Assateaque yet this year. We were planning on taking our new kayaks down to paddle the bayside, but then my wife had an unfortunate accident. Looking forward to going in the Spring.

Jim

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haven’t yet been to Assateaque yet this year. We were planning on taking our new kayaks down to paddle the bayside, but then my wife had an unfortunate accident. Looking forward to going in the Spring.

Jim
Jim I am sorry to hear about your Wife. I she is recovering quickly

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Cool weather was shortly lived..
IMG_4234.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Is this an election year that Covid is a thing again? All joking aside, I hope it isn’t bad and you recover quickly! When I had it last year, symptoms weren’t bad, lasting effects were worse.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is my second bout with COVID and while I felt like crap all afternoon I feel a bit better tonight. Waiting for our worthless HR gal who's in the office maybe once a week to get back to me on what our current protocol is.

You can hold onto the rubbing compound for the next six months if you'd like. :)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
another proud dad moment,
my daughter won the local skeet competition and a new leather shell pouch at one of the clubs we belong to,
She didn't shoot her best scores but it was good enough, she has left practice and dedication behind to just be a recreational shooter which while I'd like to have a state champion I'm very happy to have something we can enjoy doing together,

View attachment 210697
That is so awesome! American or international skeet?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My friend came over and built this wood storage rack for me, I helped and bought the materials… and lunch, that should help a lot in keeping the mess down this year.

9C4D8AA6-6748-4DC0-9453-D61FABAB2461.jpeg

Saw these at Sams… $20 for three with cheapo batteries. They are very bright. I keep one in each room for the just in case.

D3806B17-E37E-4E3C-B42F-6F32B49FA68E.jpeg

The really good new is that…

8AEFA904-2554-49DD-B05E-4E45A519349B.jpeg

Its going to be 10* for several nights in a row, the supreme serial killer Mother Nature is about to wipe out all the bugs, especially the box elder bugs. YES!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is so awesome! American or international skeet?
American
It’s really rare to find any international other than national level
Although the man that really took time to help us is an international “low gun” shooter

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My friend came over and built this wood storage rack for me, I helped and bought the materials… and lunch, that should help a lot in keeping the mess down this year.

View attachment 210730
Now let's be honest with oneself. Do you really think it is going to keep the mess down or is it going to justify buying more things to store in it? I am asking this for a friend

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Now let's be honest with oneself. Do you really think it is going to keep the mess down or is it going to justify buying more things to store in it? I am asking this for a friend
I have outdoor carpet in that area and the wood chips and such from the firewood get stuck in the carpet and they’re hard to clean up so I’ll rephrase, it will make cleaning up the mess way easier! Going to load it up tomorrow for the coming cold snap this weekend. Unfortunately my cat won’t have the wood pile like it was to poke around in… she’s been on a tear this summer catching mice, she catches at least one mouse everyday and most days it’s two mice. She decided to have a little salad with this one lol! Yes, she eats them. She’s actually on the small side with a shorter tail, but man what a huntress! And she has so much personality, she makes me laugh all the time. She is very well adjusted, she was found on the side of the road in a sack, someone had tossed her out of a moving car, fuckers, a lady found her and raised her then she, Kitty, ended up at a Petco after being spayed and had her shots. She was my neighbors cat but started hanging around my house all the time as there were too many cats at my neighbors. I didn’t want any pets, but when I was sick with covid one night during a snow storm and I heard her crying at the sliding glass door, when I looked out she was half covered with snow… GOD DAMMIT….. so I let her in and she shook off the snow and looked up at me, I told her you better not poop or pee on the carpet. About 0100 hours that night she woke me up and led me to the door, I opened it, still snowing heavily outside, she ran out and I waited there for about 2 minutes before she came running back and I let her in.. she wanted out to go pee. The next day my friend called to see if I needed anything else when he went to the store for me, and I said, yahhhh, bring me a cat box. And she’s been by my side ever since.

02D2C7A1-1C8F-41F3-979B-F65C70185044.jpeg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
American
Although the man that really took time to help us is an international “low gun” shooter
Right on…. I used to shoot American Skeet when I was your daughters age, then shot international skeet at the 1984 Summer Olympic site at Prado Tiro starting in my late 20’s. All my shot guns are set up with 33 electrical tape over the top of the recoil pads now for the low gun approach to shooting.

Again, Bravo on her achievement!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
American
What are the differences between the 2 styles?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
many different items but off the top of my head the most noticeable,
in international
1. you start with a "low gun", not mounted on you shoulder
2. you say pull and can be a 3 second delay before the target comes out ( this magnifies the low gun start )
3. I think the target speed is slightly different
4. they shoot a slightly different target presentation (station one is a pair only, american skeet you shoot a single high, single low then a pair)
5. you shoot only 12ga and limited to .85ou of shot ( american has events for 12, 20,28,410 )

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
American skeet you start with the gun shouldered, and when you call for the bird (target) it is released instantly at about 48 mph.

International skeet, you start with the top of the stock of the gun below your hip, barrel up. When the bird is called for it can be instantly or up to a three second delay, AND the bird is flying much much faster 65 miles per hour.

International skeet is arguably much harder than American skeet, and to me is much more “real world” shooting practice for birds as you don’t hunt with your shotgun shouldered while walking along. You learn to keep your eye on the target and shoulder the shotgun and swing / follow through all at the same time.