• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedling in hospital.....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does that mean that I should stop bringing a new bottle to the pool every time I go?
No! And besides, who needs drinkware in the pool...? lol

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No! And besides, who needs drinkware in the pool...? lol

--
I thought the bottle was a serving size and how could you pass germs with 40% alcohol content.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I know Susan is still setting things up with that. We have no idea what costs will be. We have good insurance but will also be out of work for a good while it seems. I know they will have outpatient therapy when i am out of the inpatient stuff.that means babysitters and gas money to and from the hospital. Very thankful they moved me closer as i got to see my wife, kids, my brothers that live farther, even the one that lives in Michigan came down.
But yeah i am not one to take money very easily so rest assured anything i don't need to use will get used for non for profit/charity, not some boat mod, lol! If nothing else i have noticed that thesenurses and therapists are understaffed and under funded. When i get better i hope to help them out some way that i can because 90%of the people on this floor truly are angels. Seriously consider offering to help at a rehab center some time. I have seen amazing things being done here

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just a brief update: doing lots of physical and occupation therapy. They don't want me home just yet because the therapy is still at a more crucial time. A lot of balance and strength. Great trainers won't let me "cheat and use my strong side to complete tasks. Balance is just one of those natural reflexes i need to re learn. Think of a kid learning to walk. I am not that much ahead except to logically try and tell my body over and over what to do.
No exact anything as far as going home but they did say that i will probably need a type of heart monitor put in me to watch for atrial fibrillation. Just trying to find causes so we don't need to do this again and my hypercoagulative blood plus afib would explain it so this monitor may need to be in me for months or up to a couple years.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
prayed for you again today, nothing like a hospital visit to help get the priorities back in order (mine included), take the time to get better for your family,

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a brief update: doing lots of physical and occupation therapy. They don't want me home just yet because the therapy is still at a more crucial time. A lot of balance and strength. Great trainers won't let me "cheat and use my strong side to complete tasks. Balance is just one of those natural reflexes i need to re learn. Think of a kid learning to walk. I am not that much ahead except to logically try and tell my body over and over what to do.
No exact anything as far as going home but they did say that i will probably need a type of heart monitor put in me to watch for atrial fibrillation. Just trying to find causes so we don't need to do this again and my hypercoagulative blood plus afib would explain it so this monitor may need to be in me for months or up to a couple years.
Sounds like you are doing GREAT! Stay strong!

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My dad had a monitor implanted in January. Can't see it....it's about the size of a quarter...made by medtronic. Has a cellular base station that sends heart recordings to his doc. Really cool.

Glad to hear things are settling down! Enjoy the nurses and rehab :)

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's so good to hear about your continuing improvement @Speedling, keep up the hard work! I know we're all looking forward to seeing pictures of you and the family back out on the water again.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well guys, sounds like this weekend Lord willing i move from in-patient to out-patient. Still a lot of details to be hashed out but you can imagine my excitement because even if i am limited it means i can go home!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well guys, sounds like this weekend Lord willing i move from in-patient to out-patient. Still a lot of details to be hashed out but you can imagine my excitement because even if i am limited it means i can go home!
Fantastic news!

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My dad had a monitor implanted in January. Can't see it....it's about the size of a quarter...made by medtronic. Has a cellular base station that sends heart recordings to his doc. Really cool.

Glad to hear things are settling down! Enjoy the nurses and rehab :)
My main cerns withit are/were boating in nature, lol!
And these nurses are fun and cute too. I think it makes a huge difference to me and the other patients that they have such a positive fun attitude. The real awesomeness is seeing the therapists working with someone that has it really rough and you can just see a difference in their attitude by the time a one hour session is done

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My main cerns withit are/were boating in nature, lol!
And these nurses are fun and cute too. I think it makes a huge difference to me and the other patients that they have such a positive fun attitude. The real awesomeness is seeing the therapists working with someone that has it really rough and you can just see a difference in their attitude by the time a one hour session is done
I'm sure you'll come up with some mods for your new monitor @Speedling. ;)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stay strong @Speedling! My mom is a nurse, those are people you don't want to cross. ;)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Stay strong @Speedling! My mom is a nurse, those are people you don't want to cross. ;)
In way all nurses are moms. I even had the onemaking sure i put my shirt on right and stuff and i was just like, u got kids don't ya?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
WOW, I've been in chaos lately, flew back from Korea then 2 days later, spent 4 days trying to get a flight out to Bahrain so I'm behind the times. Sorry to hear about this but you seem to be doing much better.

Prayers coming your way from way over here in the Middle East. Hang in there.