• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ultranautics Jetstar - Starting problems

JOE ANDREWS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
Greetings,

Thank you so much for sending the parts manual, yes it uploaded perfectly. This will be really helpful especially with the cutaway drawings etc. If you can locate the owner's manual, this will be a bonus. I'm pretty good at figuring things out mechanically, but I always like to have an idea of what the manufacturer outlined for typical boat operations. An example would be when to turn on the bilge pump and other required toggle switches, gas/oil mix (50:1 or 40:1), etc.

Yes to the clean out and the carb review and possible rebuild. What I did notice on my only run on the water so far is when I tried to accelerate the boat ran well at low to moderate speed using the RPM gauge until I pulled the throttle to full and then motor slowed down. This might be an indication of either a fuel or carb issue. I can certainly review this as I like tinkering, but I have a boat mechanic who is really good at figuring these things out and knows the Suzuki motor well. I also noticed a slight rattle when I pulled full throttle. We'll see what comes about after looking at the boat in more detail.

It should be fun runabout for my son and I once it is all renewed. My son is 17 and was looking for as he calls it a little 'rip around boat!'

Again, thank you for responding. That's what these community boards are all about helping each other keep in this case a great little boat running.

Take care.

Joe Andrews

CapnDan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can clean the tank without pulling by using alcohol and a fuel pump. Drain any remanining fuel by putting a fuel pump on a fuel line coming off the tank into a fuel can. Get at least one gallon of stove alcohol and put it in the tank and let it sit for a couple of hours. Run the alcohol through a fuel filter and repeat the process till there is no more junk in the filter. The second time you run it through the tank should be clean. The tank is a tight fit and this method is much easier vs pulling it. You should also pull the pick up line in the tank as there maybe a brass filter on the end of the line. Remove it to clean the tank. All of this is accessable by removing the storage box in the dash.

CapnDan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ultranautics watercraft owners

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ultranautics watercraft owners
@JOE ANDREWS

I have added Ultranautics to the boat make drop down so you can list your Boat Manufacturer, and Jetstar to the model drop down. You can change this in your Profile.

Let me know if there are other model names I need to add.

hrpuffinstuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Other
Also I have had my fuel line "melt off of the tank twice. so if can't start check that

jdonigancpa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Greetings, I see that you mention that you have an owners manual for your 1991 JetStar. I just purchased a 'in very good condition' what is deemed to be a 1992 JetStar with the Suzuki motor. I have been looking for an owners manual but they are very difficult to find. I was able to locate on the web the Parts manual, but being new to this boat and jetboating in particular, any additional information that I can find will be really helpful.

I would be willing to pay for you to photocopy your owners manual, or maybe you could if you have time (depending on the size of the manual) scan the pages. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My plan is to renew the boat with a new interior, clean up the motor compartment, etc. So far one run on the lake and it was decent. I believe the unit sat for a while thus there maybe some build-up in the carbs that need to be look at.

Any additional information that you can share is most welcomed.

Thank you.

Joe Andrews
Orangeville, Ontario. Canada
I found the Operator's Manual for the JetStar and was able to scan it. It's a little old and dirty, but the info is all there. I hope this helps!

Attachments