• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water entering through clean out

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I purchased the service manual for the 190FSH.
Makes a good bathroom read...

Interesting it calls for SS (silicone sealant) in all places that it should be. They just didn’t put it there...

Something funny about Yamaha’s silicone is that it doesn’t stick to anything. It just forms a gasket at best that doesn’t adhere to the hull.

I know this has been covered here. But I can’t get over how they f’d this part up.
Isn't that funny?!
It must be "planned redundancy" silicone. I found a place I least expected water a few months back: The cooler chest up in the bow. There's a drainage tube that goes from the cooler to the rear scupper. But there was NO silicone, so it just drained out the melted ice water into the front storage and then into the changing room. It's like I can't win for trying. I heavily siliconed that tube and it held. Maybe we should all chip in for a cases of silicone and send it to the factory with a nasty-gram?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
In case you didn't see one of my old posts...not unexpected at all.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/fsh-drain-tests-and-where-the-water-goes.8764/page-3#post-225149

The thru-hole in my fish box was so "hogged out" from the factory that the nut/flange barely had anything to hold on to. Filling with sealant was not really an option. I had to make a face plate with the proper size hole, 4200 that to the inside of the cooler, and then run the plastic drain fitting through the face plate. A couple of evenings work so not a huge deal but, really Yamaha?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes sir, our fish box drains were pretty horrible.
It’s as if they used the wrong fitting and or made the hole too big.

Wonder if the 2018 models are still having the same issues?

Thankfully this forum made us realize that we were not alone. All the FSHs has these issues...

No big deal once it’s fixed.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know this issue has been beat to death but I have been having quite a bit of water entering the bilge on my 2017 212 Limited S. Finally figured out water is rushing up the clean out tray drain tube when I come off plane and then leaking into bilge from clean out tray edges. So I was was doing some "light" reading in my Factory Service Manual the other night and came across this(Look at the picture I uploaded). WHY does Yamaha not follow their own service manual? There was very limited to no sealant on the clean out tray or the access door frame.

P.S.- Notice how they are recommending to fill the area flush with the top of tray.

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, you can do what I did and leave your hatch open while anchored in semi rough waters. Everytime the boat rises and falls water is forced up the clean out drain. That’s not even counting all the hard stops that I cannot see when a skier or tuber falls.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I know this issue has been beat to death but I have been having having quite a bit of water entering the bilge on my 2017 212 Limited S. Finally figured out water is rushing up the clean out tray drain tube when I come off plane and then leaking into bilge from clean out tray edges. So I was was doing some "light" reading in my Factory Service Manual the other night and came across this(Look at the picture I uploaded). WHY does Yamaha not follow their own service manual? There was very limited to no sealant on the clean out tray or the access door frame.

P.S.- Notice how they are recommending to fill the area flush with the top of tray.
Be grateful that they didn’t silicone it and give you a false sense of security...

Their silicone is absolutely worthless and does not stick to anything anyways.

I know man, it’s BS...

Funny how something so small in the scale of building a boat can be such a fatal error.

We are talking about maybe cost of $50 during production to seal everything properly.

Sealant missing on a boat?

Umm, that’s not good.