• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't see where people say the Yamaha boats are not value priced. I priced out every brand I could find up here including the bayliners, sea ray, Chaperel and stingrays and the closest boats were at least $10k more when you added all the features that are standard with my 24' AR. When I added touch screens, tables, tower a Bimini and everything else it wasn't even close.
@subysti - I take it you bought your boat from G&R - awesome dudes! Bryan and Andy are the best!
I've had this discussion several times with several people. Check this 1 out. It's literally down the street from me. Now you tell me.
http://www.echobaymarina.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=1197193&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xNewInventory

Keep in mind this is the advertised price - there's wiggle room in this price. I checked it out the other day when I bought a vinyl patch kit.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat but..... it's a 21' not 24. Price out a 24' Bryant. Also 250 hp, upgrade it to 360 hp or close to it, add their touchscreen bow filler cushions and you're well over 75K. I tried it.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recently checked out a Bryant Calandra, which is a 23, I believe. Truly awesome boat. Around 75k. I want one!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice boat but..... it's a 21' not 24. Price out a 24' Bryant. Also 250 hp, upgrade it to 360 hp or close to it, add their touchscreen bow filler cushions and you're well over 75K. I tried it.
Do they include a trailer?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes - 21'4" - about the same size as my 212x, give or take. And about the same price. But the Bryant is considered a premium boat.
$75k - not around here! Friend of mine just picked a really nice Bryant Calandra (beautiful 23'4" boat) for $62k with a 300hp Volvo.

You say they are value priced - I say not so much. I do believe at 1 time they were truly a value boat - I'm not sure at which point Yamaha pricing started climbing and started catching some other boat makes - but they definitely closed the gap quite a bit - that much I think we can agree.

As for me - I am perfectly happy with our Yamaha! Sure the wifey has got her eyes on a Cobalt with a porta-potti - but that's not happening any time soon.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recently checked out a Bryant Calandra, which is a 23, I believe. Truly awesome boat. Around 75k. I want one!
Buddy of mine just got 1 for $62k-$63K. Its a stunning boat. Biggest head Ive ever seen in that size boat - deepest bow also. Very impressive boat.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like I need to push my dealer on pricing! I would love to have a calandra, even if it does have a prop.

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I can assure you ...... The "E" in the "E" series of boats stands for "ELECTRONIC."
Yeah but not electric drive....the other guy posted the emissions registration doc that said E-series has 1812cc engine....unless its a hybrid setup.

"E" could mean "Electronic" as in "electronic goodies like drive by wire, joystick control etc"

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm already saving up money for next years upgrades. I'm hoping some of the "new" stuff will be able to be added on to the 2015 models. I've heard the GPS will be added to the connext system and that would be awesome.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Throttle by wire with an integrated GPS cruise would be a huge improvement for watersports purposes.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anybody any idea on colours? I noticed that survey some time back, but I'd imagine Yamaha would of already committed to the 2016 line before that.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For those "in the know" or who may have some insider information, is there any chance of a boat longer than the current 240 series this year?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those "in the know" or who may have some insider information, is there any chance of a boat longer than the current 240 series this year?
Yes, its a 38' quad jet with helipad. . . .

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, that CARB order does show a model called the 242X, so it seems a safe bet that there is a watersports focused 24.