• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Bimini Trip July 12-18th

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They are not as of yet. Well at least not for Tourist.

The best space to find info from the Bahamian Government is here

Thank you for that info. I wish we had this info here in the states. I like knowing how many people recovered instead of only known cases and deaths. Knowing recovered brings hope.

1587757494966.png

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As I posted in the 2020 Bimini Early Interest Thread, I have booked my trip for this year from Sunday July 12th to Saturday July 18th.

At this point, the following people look to be crossing this week:
  1. @Julian
  2. @BBottoms
  3. @Wytiger
  4. @BigT51
I chose this week as I didn't want to be over there during 4th of July (gets a bit busier there that week), and June wasn't working for family stuff.

If you haven't read the Preparing for Bimini Thread, please read that thread to familiarize yourself with what to expect. This will be my 4th trip to Bimini.

Our plan will be as follows:
  1. Drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to arrive Saturday afternoon and stay in one of the hotels close to Harbor Towne Marina (we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port - and will likely stay in that general area again. Will post once we settle on a spot, but it isn't critical that we are at the same place.
  2. On Sunday morning, get up at a rational hour (unless the forecast is suggesting EARLY AM wind/waves would be better) and head to Harbor Town (get there around 8-9am). Park at Harbor town ideally, if not FFL. (one reason for getting there EARLIER...better chance of parking).
  3. Depart Harbor Town 9-10am for Bimini.
  4. Arrive in Bimini around Noon.
  5. Depart Bimini the following Saturday morning (weather permitting).

I MAY have a one bedroom condo available to rent for that same period (we are trying to determine who is going with us). Send me a conversation message if you are interested.
#bimini
#bimini2020

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have 3 boats interested in going, ive done this trip last two years. I parked car and trailer over by south port raw bar off 17 th street in Fort Lauderdale, this is 5 minutes to the Bahia mar hotel once boat is launched. Publix is close by where u can buy food. You can rent a slip at Bahia mar night before departure for 60 and leave right from hotel which is 10 min to ocean
I have 2 boats joining the trip for July 12-18th-
1-OUT OF CONTROL-Leonard Delia 2 adults 1 child staying at Bimini Sands
2-TROPIC AL- Alex Gaufillet 4 adults 4 kids staying at Bimini Sands, we will be staying at Bahia Mar Hotel Fort Lauderdale Saturday the 11th

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have 2 boats joining the trip for July 12-18th-
1-OUT OF CONTROL-Leonard Delia 2 adults 1 child staying at Bimini Sands
2-TROPIC AL- Alex Gaufillet 4 adults 4 kids staying at Bimini Sands, we will be staying at Bahia Mar Hotel Fort Lauderdale Saturday the 11th
Now they just have to be open for tourists!

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian can you add us to the official list. Little Rascal Crew number isnt hardened yet. Looking at 4 for the sea crossing and 5 in bimini. Stayin at the Sands.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As I posted in the 2020 Bimini Early Interest Thread, I have booked my trip for this year from Sunday July 12th to Saturday July 18th.

At this point, the following people look to be crossing this week:
  1. @Julian
  2. @BBottoms
  3. @Wytiger
  4. @BigT51
  5. @leonard delia (2 boats)
I chose this week as I didn't want to be over there during 4th of July (gets a bit busier there that week), and June wasn't working for family stuff.

If you haven't read the Preparing for Bimini Thread, please read that thread to familiarize yourself with what to expect. This will be my 4th trip to Bimini.

Our plan will be as follows:
  1. Drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to arrive Saturday afternoon and stay in one of the hotels close to Harbor Towne Marina (we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port - and will likely stay in that general area again. Will post once we settle on a spot, but it isn't critical that we are at the same place.
  2. On Sunday morning, get up at a rational hour (unless the forecast is suggesting EARLY AM wind/waves would be better) and head to Harbor Town (get there around 8-9am). Park at Harbor town ideally, if not FFL. (one reason for getting there EARLIER...better chance of parking).
  3. Depart Harbor Town 9-10am for Bimini.
  4. Arrive in Bimini around Noon.
  5. Depart Bimini the following Saturday morning (weather permitting).

I MAY have a one bedroom condo available to rent for that same period (we are trying to determine who is going with us). Send me a conversation message if you are interested.
#bimini
#bimini2020
How much are u asking for 1 bed, I am currently booked at sands in a 4 bed, I am trying to get another couple to join us

agaufillet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Buddy flying over. Will be a great time. Drone batteries charged. You have your grill ready?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've updated the first post to include the new folks!

Sandals Exuma says they are opening July 1st, so hopefully they have an inside line into timing of the islands opening.
Will you be going on the 12th to Bimini

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If we stay at Bahia Mar yes, we're in for sharing a slip. Not 100% sure what the plan for the drive down is yet so haven't made any reservations.
Alex's crew and our family will both be booked at Bahia Mar Saturday 11th

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length