• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Bimini Trip July 12-18th

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
That seems ridiculous! Perhaps they are asking "are you sure you want to come in?" LOL
That checkpoint has been there since this all started when DeSantis shut everything down. It was supposed to be gone at the beginning of June but it didn't happen. There was also one coming into Florida from Alabama on I-10, but not sure if it is still going.

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still have no word on my kids passports and now with all the covid testing issues, I'm going to cancel this trip and wait till next summer. My youngest daughter is really bummed since she just turned 18 and realized the drinking age in Bimini is 18. Thankfully we have a backup plan in place, we're renting a lake house with a dock on Smith Mountain Lake in VA so all is not lost. To those that end up going, I wish you safe travels and great fun on the trip. Looking forward to updates and living vicariously through your adventures.
I just received my passport on friday. It was submitted February 27th.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to schedule on the CVS app...it said I don't qualify, same for the Walgreens one (although Walgreens doesn't specify if theirs is a PCR test or not-and I asked at the store and they didn't know either). This is why I'm likely out. Seems they are running out of test capacity and ratcheting up the minimums needed to qualify for a test - meaning they want to narrow it down to people with symptoms. Not sure I want to take someone's spot so I can go on vacation.
In Kentucky we have several locations that do rapid tests (nose swab, processed on site, results in 15-20 minutes) and most are open to walk ins and asymptomatic folks and free with insurance. I'm still looking for the closest option, I may have to drive an hour, but I'm 30 minutes from any significant town anyway, so not that bad. If the test is the biggest thing holding you up it may be worth looking into rapid tests in your area.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just received my passport on friday. It was submitted February 27th.
Do you know which passport office yours went through? One of my crew is still waiting on hers. Sent in first week of March to Philadelphia office.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I tried to schedule on the CVS app...it said I don't qualify, same for the Walgreens one (although Walgreens doesn't specify if theirs is a PCR test or not-and I asked at the store and they didn't know either). This is why I'm likely out. Seems they are running out of test capacity and ratcheting up the minimums needed to qualify for a test - meaning they want to narrow it down to people with symptoms. Not sure I want to take someone's spot so I can go on vacation.
Here’s how it is here in Florida, you call your MD he will schedule test for you here we can do it at a CVS they have plenty of testing for all so you won’t be taking anyone’s test

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here’s how it is here in Florida, you call your MD he will schedule test for you here we can do it at a CVS they have plenty of testing for all so you won’t be taking anyone’s test
People posting on the Bimini page saying their test results weren't back in 10 days let alone 7. If I lived in FL I might give it a shot, but I'm not towing 12-14 hours to discover that test results didnt return in time.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In Kentucky we have several locations that do rapid tests (nose swab, processed on site, results in 15-20 minutes) and most are open to walk ins and asymptomatic folks and free with insurance. I'm still looking for the closest option, I may have to drive an hour, but I'm 30 minutes from any significant town anyway, so not that bad. If the test is the biggest thing holding you up it may be worth looking into rapid tests in your area.
I am looking here, and my brother has to look in Florida. Both places are backed up badly. It's just not worth the hassle at this point. Sucks.

Yamaha212limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well my trip, we'll is cancel. We'll wait and see. Hoping it would get better. Be safe Guys.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
So sorry guys. Just cancelled the trip. Tried to schedule test locally here. Was told I can only get the results in person so they cannot email is the results. Will make it impossible for us to have results and get to Florida within 7 days since it takes at least 5 days to get results. Just too many bad signs for us. Would have loved to visit Bimini this summer and enjoy it but there is always next year. Good luck to everyone who is still planning to cross this year.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like next years Bimini Trip is going to have a good crowd of people going. Definitely looking forward to it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still have no word on my kids passports and now with all the covid testing issues, I'm going to cancel this trip and wait till next summer. My youngest daughter is really bummed since she just turned 18 and realized the drinking age in Bimini is 18. Thankfully we have a backup plan in place, we're renting a lake house with a dock on Smith Mountain Lake in VA so all is not lost. To those that end up going, I wish you safe travels and great fun on the trip. Looking forward to updates and living vicariously through your adventures.
Try reaching out to your local congress member it has worked for several people I know.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know which passport office yours went through? One of my crew is still waiting on hers. Sent in first week of March to Philadelphia office.
My daughters went through Philly sent Feb 12th got it back last week.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking here, and my brother has to look in Florida. Both places are backed up badly. It's just not worth the hassle at this point. Sucks.
Rapid testing is about the only option you would have to find a location that offers it. I spoke to my friend today who got his test taken at a CVS last Tuesday and still doesn't have the results back so its taking our CVS over a week to process so that timing won't work.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Rapid testing is about the only option you would have to find a location that offers it. I spoke to my friend today who got his test taken at a CVS last Tuesday and still doesn't have the results back so its taking our CVS over a week to process so that timing won't work.
Are the rapid tests PCR tests?

I did read yesterday that if you arrive and your results aren't back yet, they will let you in as long as you aren't symptomatic but you must remain in quarantine (not sure what that means). My copilot is probably out though, so its a moot point for me.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks like next years Bimini Trip is going to have a good crowd of people going. Definitely looking forward to it.
We are looking at either driving down july 4th to launch the 5th which may be tight, or the following weekend.

Last edited:

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know @leonard delia appears still committed to going. Anyone else? I'm still a little on the fence but leaning towards going unless additional restrictions prevent it. Plan to be in Ft. Lauderdale the afternoon of Friday the 10th, then head over at first available weather/wave window.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know @leonard delia appears still committed to going. Anyone else? I'm still a little on the fence but leaning towards going unless additional restrictions prevent it. Plan to be in Ft. Lauderdale the afternoon of Friday the 10th, then head over at first available weather/wave window.
We are still going until someone tells us no.