• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Magma Grill post

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ok....Here's the deal.

My wife has been pushing me to get a grill for our boat. I know..I know..:shamefullyembarrased: She's pushing me? and I write that knowing my man card is about to be removed LOL. Only thing is I agree it would be nice but it's another thing for ME to have to take care of and clean while everyone else is having a good time.

So, can I get any feedback, good and bad, regarding the hassle and actual use of the grill. How often do you guys really use it, storage, cleaning, etc

Also, I gotta say figuring out the mount is draining my brains capacity for logic. It's not the easiest item to figure out and buy.

I have a 2014 242 LS with an extra table mount pole so I want to obliviously use that. Does the Magma T10-375 mount work for that or is there something else. Honestly its the most confusing thing to buy this grill for some reason.

Oh, I'm looking at the Magma Cabo.

Thanks guys!

Here is the yamaha accessories part number. SBT-NPGRL-MT-14
I wish I would've known last season that they were gonna make something for the Yamaha boat. right at the end of the season I bought a new grill by Kuuma, Elite 316 but I just discovered the mount for the magma will not fit it due to the holes.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what do you guys think of the weber grill idea? It would be a lot cheaper, what's the downside? Not as stable?
I got a Weber Q for free, and I'll be trying to fashion something up for it to be able to use it on the boat. From what I can see, the grilling area is larger than the Magma, and the wings fold out for more prep space or whatnot. I'm sure those 2 things contribute to the heavier weight than the Magma. Other than having to fashion up a mount for the Weber instead of buying a pre-built mount for the Magma, I think I'd have still looked at the Weber for the boat simply because I can find one at numerous stores in my area. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for trying to figure out a mounting solution for it.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Been using a Q for 7 years now. Had a magma before and the weber cooks much better. I never mounted it. Didn't see a reason too. Can sit it on the bow or swim deck or carry up on the beach.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I already have the grill but the bag is big and takes a lot of space.
I think I am going to find another bag or tote to put it in
I boat of the coast and the waves can cause a lot of movement so mounting is a must for me.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got a Weber Q for free, and I'll be trying to fashion something up for it to be able to use it on the boat. From what I can see, the grilling area is larger than the Magma, and the wings fold out for more prep space or whatnot. I'm sure those 2 things contribute to the heavier weight than the Magma. Other than having to fashion up a mount for the Weber instead of buying a pre-built mount for the Magma, I think I'd have still looked at the Weber for the boat simply because I can find one at numerous stores in my area. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for trying to figure out a mounting solution for it.
I just bungee mine to the table and it works out fine.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been using a Q for 7 years now. Had a magma before and the weber cooks much better. I never mounted it. Didn't see a reason too. Can sit it on the bow or swim deck or carry up on the beach.
I just bungee mine to the table and it works out fine.
What's the heat output below the Q? From what I could tell, I don't see any heat shield, so is the grill body itself the heat shield? I can't imagine it's all that bad, given the plastic feet underneath, I'm just wondering how they managed that feat. Good to know about the table. Not sure if that'll be sufficient for the wife character, or if she'll want that for other stuff. If she does, I'm thinking I'll just get another leg and build something for the grill.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The grease drip pan is the heat shield. I put down an old beach towel then put grill on that. It doesn't get hot enough to bother the towel. @drewkaree

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I put my Q on the bow with a towel underneath. I secure with some bungees.

Only got to use it a couple times last season, but it seem to work well.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
5500 btu vs 8500 btu weber q. It might not like a windy day on the water. Weber is hard to beat when it comes to cookin.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I just picked up a used Weber q1000 at a garage sale. it's VERY light, and not very big. I'll try it out soon!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This string has me thinking about all the time money and effort I put into installing four cup/pole holders into the boat to mount a bbq and filet table since I only recall using the bbq once over the last two seasons and only a handful of times in the two prior seasons.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Magma Kettle and I love each Other! Italian Sausages, a lite salad and some pale bevs and it was a good day on Saturday for dining. The sausage skins went to the pooch.

vlcsnap-2021-11-22-18h24m58s055.png

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
View attachment 57563 View attachment 57562 We have the Cabo grill. We use in nearly everyday we're on the water. I had the Kettle 2 before this one and loved that one too, just seemed a little small.
It stores nicely under the starboard side rear seat.
For cleaning I just set it up when I'm cleaning the boat and hose it out.
To me it's not a hassle. I enjoy sitting out back with a cold drink cooking...
Hello @ThatJeepGuy how is the grill with the wind ? I have a kettle but it turn off all the time with the wind thank you!!!

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length